Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2 - Ubuntu ; Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ? Thanks donald...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?

    Thanks

    donald

  2. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    donald wrote:
    > Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > donald

    No, because there's no such distro.

  3. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    Derek Turner writes:

    > donald wrote:
    >> Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> donald

    > No, because there's no such distro.

    For goodness sake, get a life. You'll have that idiot av3 posting his
    post to newcomers every day. If you are unable to correct and answer at
    the same time then do not bother posting. It is clear that he means
    7.10. And if it isn't, then if you have something to offer about the
    Shuttle then politely correct him while offering it.

    To the OP : have you tried? If so what errors did you get? I do recall
    some SATA issues a year or so ago with certain HW (SATA HW...) with
    Linux but I think mainstream systems like Debian Testing and Ubuntu
    would now have the necessary SATA drives.

  4. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:47:22 +0100, Hadron
    wrote:

    >Derek Turner writes:
    >
    >> donald wrote:
    >>> Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> donald

    >> No, because there's no such distro.

    >For goodness sake, get a life. You'll have that idiot av3 posting his
    >post to newcomers every day.

    Indeed. Not to mention the case-sensitivity of the word
    "gnome". Anal-retentive nonsense.

    >To the OP : have you tried?

    This is always good advice especially since it can be tested
    for compatibility to some extent before installation by
    booting the live CD and playing with it.

    --
    John Bean

  5. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    John Bean wrote:
    >> To the OP : have you tried?

    > This is always good advice especially since it can be tested
    > for compatibility to some extent before installation by
    > booting the live CD and playing with it.

    Thanks for a positive response.

    The earlier question about video problems on 7.10 is why I am asking.

    My goal is to load Mythbuntu on the Shuttle.

    But, Ubuntu does not work, as seen by the live CD boot screen.

    Mythbuntu 8.04 has the same video problems.

    Is there a better place to ask about this problem ??

    donald

  6. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 07:35:36 -0700, donald
    wrote:

    >The earlier question about video problems on 7.10 is why I am asking.

    I didn't see that, sorry.

    >But, Ubuntu does not work, as seen by the live CD boot screen.
    >
    >Mythbuntu 8.04 has the same video problems.
    >
    >Is there a better place to ask about this problem ??

    The Ubuntu forums would be my first suggestion, but from
    what you've said I'd imagine you've already tried there.

    But if you haven't tried them: http://ubuntuforums.org/

    --
    John Bean

  7. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    donald writes:

    > John Bean wrote:
    >>> To the OP : have you tried?

    >> This is always good advice especially since it can be tested
    >> for compatibility to some extent before installation by
    >> booting the live CD and playing with it.
    >>

    > Thanks for a positive response.
    >
    > The earlier question about video problems on 7.10 is why I am asking.
    >
    > My goal is to load Mythbuntu on the Shuttle.
    >
    > But, Ubuntu does not work, as seen by the live CD boot screen.

    Did you try modifying the video settings when booting? Google will tell
    you more.

  8. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    donald wrote:
    > Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > donald

    I did some googling for you and it looks like your chipset isn't very
    well supported in ubuntu. However it looks like Mandriva will work.
    Google for
    "De Pc werkt maar aleen met de distribution
    mandriva-linux-2007.1-free-wei.i586"

    And choose translate this page (if you are not Dutch).

  9. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    Hadron wrote:
    > donald writes:

    >>> This is always good advice especially since it can be tested
    >>> for compatibility to some extent before installation by
    >>> booting the live CD and playing with it.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for a positive response.
    >>
    >> The earlier question about video problems on 7.10 is why I am asking.
    >>
    >> My goal is to load Mythbuntu on the Shuttle.
    >>
    >> But, Ubuntu does not work, as seen by the live CD boot screen.

    > Did you try modifying the video settings when booting? Google will tell
    > you more.

    Ok, I see if I can find information about this.

    I guess you don't know what commands I should be looking for, do you ?

    donald

  10. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    User wrote:
    > donald wrote:
    >> Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> donald

    > I did some googling for you and it looks like your chipset isn't very
    > well supported in ubuntu. However it looks like Mandriva will work.
    > Google for
    > "De Pc werkt maar aleen met de distribution
    > mandriva-linux-2007.1-free-wei.i586"
    >
    > And choose translate this page (if you are not Dutch).

    Thank you, user.

    I have tried may distributions of Linux over the past year, no one has
    been able to tell me this before today.

    I'll try it.

    donald

  11. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    donald writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> donald writes:

    >>> Thanks for a positive response.
    >>>
    >>> The earlier question about video problems on 7.10 is why I am asking.
    >>>
    >>> My goal is to load Mythbuntu on the Shuttle.
    >>>
    >>> But, Ubuntu does not work, as seen by the live CD boot screen.

    >> Did you try modifying the video settings when booting? Google will tell
    >> you more.

    > Ok, I see if I can find information about this.
    >
    > I guess you don't know what commands I should be looking for, do you ?

    Off the top of my head no. But most install/live CD boot disks I have
    seen allow you to modify the vga boot settings.

    Google it up : you will find a solution I am sure. Its as quick for you
    to google as for me I daresay and much more informative from your point
    of view.

  12. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    Hadron writes:

    > donald writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Did you try modifying the video settings when booting? Google will tell
    >>> you more.

    >> Ok, I see if I can find information about this.
    >>
    >> I guess you don't know what commands I should be looking for, do you ?

    > Off the top of my head no. But most install/live CD boot disks I have
    > seen allow you to modify the vga boot settings.
    >
    > Google it up : you will find a solution I am sure. Its as quick for you
    > to google as for me I daresay and much more informative from your point
    > of view.

    I had a look for you. Wow. Google is a real mess with video issues with
    Ubuntu

    Alternate install cd and/or setting "safe vga" modes seem to be what you
    want. There are a load of correct and incorrect solutions out there in
    google land. Good luck!

  13. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    Hadron wrote:
    > donald writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Did you try modifying the video settings when booting? Google will tell
    >>> you more.

    >> Ok, I see if I can find information about this.
    >>
    >> I guess you don't know what commands I should be looking for, do you ?

    > Off the top of my head no. But most install/live CD boot disks I have
    > seen allow you to modify the vga boot settings.
    >
    > Google it up : you will find a solution I am sure. Its as quick for you
    > to google as for me I daresay and much more informative from your point
    > of view.

    Yes, but google for what ???

  14. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    Hadron wrote:
    > Hadron writes:
    >
    >> donald writes:

    >>> Ok, I see if I can find information about this.
    >>>
    >>> I guess you don't know what commands I should be looking for, do you ?

    >> Off the top of my head no. But most install/live CD boot disks I have
    >> seen allow you to modify the vga boot settings.
    >>
    >> Google it up : you will find a solution I am sure. Its as quick for you
    >> to google as for me I daresay and much more informative from your point
    >> of view.
    >>

    > I had a look for you. Wow. Google is a real mess with video issues with
    > Ubuntu
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-372429.html
    >
    > Alternate install cd and/or setting "safe vga" modes seem to be what you
    > want. There are a load of correct and incorrect solutions out there in
    > google land. Good luck!

    Ok, what did you google for ??

    Thanks for looking, just please tell me what you did so I can do it
    again myself.

    donald

  15. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    donald writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> donald writes:

    >>> Ok, I see if I can find information about this.
    >>>
    >>> I guess you don't know what commands I should be looking for, do you ?

    >> Off the top of my head no. But most install/live CD boot disks I have
    >> seen allow you to modify the vga boot settings.
    >>
    >> Google it up : you will find a solution I am sure. Its as quick for you
    >> to google as for me I daresay and much more informative from your point
    >> of view.
    >>

    > Yes, but google for what ???

    I already told you above. Video settings at boot.

  16. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:03:40 -0700, donald wrote:

    > Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > donald

    What is your shuttle worth?

    stonerfish
    --
    so funny I forgot to laugh

  17. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    jellybean stonerfish wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:03:40 -0700, donald wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> donald

    > What is your shuttle worth?
    >
    > stonerfish

    I would hate to have to buy another system.

    I would hate to make this into a Windows box.

    I would hate to think this is not compatable with Linux.

    donald

  18. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    Hadron wrote:
    > donald writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Off the top of my head no. But most install/live CD boot disks I have
    >>> seen allow you to modify the vga boot settings.
    >>>
    >>> Google it up : you will find a solution I am sure. Its as quick for you
    >>> to google as for me I daresay and much more informative from your point
    >>> of view.
    >>>

    >> Yes, but google for what ???
    >>

    > I already told you above. Video settings at boot.

    Oh, Google of "Video settings at boot"

    Ok, now to figure out what the 259,000 hits mean.

    donald

  19. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    donald wrote:
    > Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > donald

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100...eo&btnG=Search

  20. Re: Ubunto 7.1 on Shuttle SS30G2

    clay wrote:
    > donald wrote:
    >> Has anyone got 7.1 running on a Shuttle SS30G2 ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> donald

    > http://www.google.com/search?num=100...eo&btnG=Search

    Thank you