move junk messages to junk folder - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on move junk messages to junk folder - Ubuntu ; I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP. In that thunderbird, messages recognized as junk were moved to the Junk folder. In my Linux machine, when a messages is recognized as junk, it is simply flagged. I have looked for a button ...

  1. move junk messages to junk folder

    I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP.
    In that thunderbird, messages recognized
    as junk were moved to the Junk folder.
    In my Linux machine, when a messages is
    recognized as junk, it is simply flagged.
    I have looked for a button to click that
    tells Thunderbird to move recognized junk
    into the Junk folder, but I cannot find
    it. Can somebody suggest something?
    --cc

  2. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:18:32 GMT, charles cashion wrote:
    > I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP.
    > In that thunderbird, messages recognized as junk were moved to the
    > Junk folder. In my Linux machine, when a messages is recognized as
    > junk, it is simply flagged. I have looked for a button to click
    > that tells Thunderbird to move recognized junk into the Junk folder,
    > but I cannot find it. Can somebody suggest something?

    I suggest clicking, Edit->Preferences.

    You then click each of the Icons top of the Preferences screen.
    Then click each Tab under those.
    You might be surprised to see what you can see.

  3. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    wrote:

    >I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP.
    >In that thunderbird, messages recognized
    >as junk were moved to the Junk folder.
    >In my Linux machine, when a messages is
    >recognized as junk, it is simply flagged.
    >I have looked for a button to click that
    >tells Thunderbird to move recognized junk
    >into the Junk folder, but I cannot find
    >it. Can somebody suggest something?

    Sure I can suggest something - look at the "Privacy"
    preferences and tell it what to do with junk by checking
    your preferred option(s) on the "Junk" tab.

    It's not rocket science... ;-)

    --
    John Bean

  4. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:18:32 +0000, charles cashion wrote:

    > Thunderbird to move recognized junk into the Junk folder, but I cannot
    > find it. Can somebody suggest something?
    > --cc

    Try edit> preferences> junk settings

  5. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    John Bean wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:18:32 GMT, charles cashion
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP.
    >> In that thunderbird, messages recognized
    >> as junk were moved to the Junk folder.
    >> In my Linux machine, when a messages is
    >> recognized as junk, it is simply flagged.
    >> I have looked for a button to click that
    >> tells Thunderbird to move recognized junk
    >> into the Junk folder, but I cannot find
    >> it. Can somebody suggest something?

    > Sure I can suggest something - look at the "Privacy"
    > preferences and tell it what to do with junk by checking
    > your preferred option(s) on the "Junk" tab.
    >
    > It's not rocket science... ;-)

    Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Junk(tab)
    the first button...
    When I mark a message as junk, move it into the Junk folder.
    second button
    Mark messages determined to be junk as read
    third button
    enable junk filter logging

    I have all three checked.

    OBTW I also clicked "Reset Training Data"
    a day or so ago

    If this is all there is, perhaps I should reload Thunderbird?
    --cc

  6. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    charles cashion wrote:

    > I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP. In that thunderbird, messages
    > recognized as junk were moved to the Junk folder. In my Linux
    > machine, when a messages is recognized as junk, it is simply
    > flagged. I have looked for a button to click that tells
    > Thunderbird to move recognized junk into the Junk folder, but I
    > cannot find it. Can somebody suggest something?

    Better, just tell it to 'mark as read'. That way, if the decision
    is based on the initial download of headers, the body will never be
    transmitted to you. I assume you are having the system show you
    threads with new messages only.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  7. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 00:03:52 +0000, charles cashion wrote:

    > Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Junk(tab)
    > the first button...
    > When I mark a message as junk, move it into the Junk folder.
    > second button
    > Mark messages determined to be junk as read
    > third button
    > enable junk filter logging

    You're looking in the wrong place.

    Try here: Edit > Account Settings > Junk Settings > "Move new junk
    messages to..."

  8. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 00:03:52 GMT, charles cashion
    wrote:

    >Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Junk(tab)
    >the first button...
    >When I mark a message as junk, move it into the Junk folder.
    >second button
    >Mark messages determined to be junk as read
    >third button
    >enable junk filter logging
    >
    >I have all three checked.
    >
    >OBTW I also clicked "Reset Training Data"
    >a day or so ago
    >
    >If this is all there is, perhaps I should reload Thunderbird?

    Dan C has given the location of the setting for the account
    to move junk automatically, I thought you were asking for "a
    button" to move the message to the junk folder when you
    marked it as junk and gave the location of that setting.

    I normally have both set. Incidentally if you have more than
    one account don't forget to set it up on each of them.

    --
    John Bean

  9. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:53:21 -0600, Dan C wrote:

    > You're looking in the wrong place.
    >
    > Try here: Edit > Account Settings > Junk Settings > "Move new junk
    > messages to..."

    I had been wondering how to solve this one for some time. Thank you.

    --
    Eric

  10. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:14:57 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:

    > charles cashion wrote:
    >>
    >> I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP. In that thunderbird, messages
    >> recognized as junk were moved to the Junk folder. In my Linux
    >> machine, when a messages is recognized as junk, it is simply
    >> flagged. I have looked for a button to click that tells
    >> Thunderbird to move recognized junk into the Junk folder, but I
    >> cannot find it. Can somebody suggest something?

    > Better, just tell it to 'mark as read'. That way, if the decision
    > is based on the initial download of headers, the body will never be
    > transmitted to you. I assume you are having the system show you
    > threads with new messages only.

    Where's that setting in Thunderbird?

    [snip poxy sig]

    --
    Some say that Pamela Anderson wouldn't be anybody without her tits.
    That's simply not true, she'd be Paris Hilton

  11. Re: move junk messages to junk folder

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> charles cashion wrote:
    >>
    >>> I ran Thunderbird on Windows XP. In that thunderbird, messages
    >>> recognized as junk were moved to the Junk folder. In my Linux
    >>> machine, when a messages is recognized as junk, it is simply
    >>> flagged. I have looked for a button to click that tells
    >>> Thunderbird to move recognized junk into the Junk folder, but I
    >>> cannot find it. Can somebody suggest something?

    >> Better, just tell it to 'mark as read'. That way, if the decision
    >> is based on the initial download of headers, the body will never be
    >> transmitted to you. I assume you are having the system show you
    >> threads with new messages only.

    > Where's that setting in Thunderbird?

    Try Message Filters | Filter rules

    [page]: