Linux is for losers...! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux is for losers...! - Ubuntu ; Read'em and weep losers! http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html Frank...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: Linux is for losers...!

  1. Linux is for losers...!


  2. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > Read'em and weep losers!
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >


    *yawn*

    Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase down
    another post from Alias?

    --
    Stephan

  3. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Frank wrote:

    > http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html


    platform/interview; BSD vs gnu/linux>

    - OpenBSD is a good distro but not 'perfect', it has security and other
    weaknesses too
    - everyone knows Theo de Raadt is a difficult and longtime important
    contributor to open software
    - openbsd licensing and development is different but benefits from the
    rest of the linux community
    - there is nothing at all complimentary to MS in that article

    --
    Mike Easter


  4. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Stephan Rose wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Read'em and weep losers!
    >>
    >>http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >>

    >
    >
    > *yawn*
    >
    > Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase down
    > another post from Alias?
    >
    > --
    > Stephan


    Did you bother to even read the article?
    Frank

  5. Re: Linux is for losers...!



    "Frank" wrote in message
    news:47bef95e$0$22801$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
    >
    > Read'em and weep losers!
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >
    > Frank


    That should be in alt.os.linux.advocacy if you must start the threads Frank.


  6. Re: Linux is for losers...!



    "Frank" wrote in message
    news:47bef95e$0$22801$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
    >
    > Read'em and weep losers!
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >
    > Frank


    The article is wrong BTW sun Solaris is not based on BSD it is based on SVr5
    which is totally different. Sun paid in excess of $1M at about the time I
    was working on it.


  7. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Frank wrote:

    > Stephan Rose wrote:
    >> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Read'em and weep losers!
    >>>
    >>>http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> *yawn*
    >>
    >> Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase down
    >> another post from Alias?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stephan

    >
    > Did you bother to even read the article?
    > Frank


    You mean that one you linked to, 2 1/2 years old, and from someone who has
    an axe to grind with linux?

    Why don't you say just openly that you are a Vista user?
    That you are a retard shows with every (badly spelled) word from you oxygen
    thief
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    Let it get in YOUR way. The problem for your problem.


  8. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:14:48 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Frank wrote:



    Dear Mike,
    "Frank" is an idiot. Please stop quoting him.
    HTH
    mr.b

  9. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Stephan Rose wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Read'em and weep losers!
    >>>>
    >>>>http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>*yawn*
    >>>
    >>>Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase down
    >>>another post from Alias?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Stephan

    >>
    >>Did you bother to even read the article?
    >>Frank

    >
    >
    > You mean that one you linked to, 2 1/2 years old, and from someone who has
    > an axe to grind with linux?


    OMG...the moron can read!!!
    >
    > Why don't you say just openly that you are a Vista user?


    Duh...and you are fukkin stupid.

    > That you are a retard shows with every (badly spelled) word from you oxygen
    > thief


    Go kiss RS's hairy ass you idiot moron loser!
    Frank

  10. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > Read'em and weep losers!
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >
    > Frank


    "De Raadt makes a rival open source operating system called OpenBSD."

    "Sour grapes? Maybe. Linux is immensely more popular than all of the open
    source BSD versions."

    "De Raadt says BSD could have become the world's most popular open source
    operating system, except that a lawsuit over BSD scared away developers,
    who went off to work on Linux and stayed there even after BSD was deemed
    legal."

    Yes, it does sound like 'sour grapes'.

  11. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    In <628k85F22ikgvU1@mid.individual.net> ray:

    [Snip...]

    > Yes, it does sound like 'sour grapes'.


    And it's *ALMOST 3 YEARS OLD*; WTF but (maybe) Theo cares by now, anyway?

    The wintrolls are at barrel's bottom. FerTheLuvOfChrissy, just plonk 'em.

    --
    Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) * IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO FOLLOWS *
    Pardon any bogus email addresses (wookie) in place for spambots.
    Really, it's (wyrd) at airmail, dotted with net. DO NOT SPAM IT.
    Kids jumping ship? Looking to hire an old-school type? Email me.

  12. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:16:21 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > Stephan Rose wrote:
    >> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Read'em and weep losers!
    >>>
    >>>http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> *yawn*
    >>
    >> Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase
    >> down another post from Alias?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stephan

    >
    > Did you bother to even read the article? Frank


    Sure I did.

    It's way outdated.

    It's about some guy who I have no idea who he is and have never heard
    about before and who apparently has an issue with Linux.

    So that much I know.

    What I don't know is why I should care about the article. I can't find
    one reason. =)

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  13. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    > Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> ... snipped garbage ...


    Frank, Kohlmann, and dennis are all trolls. Please do not feed.

    --
    [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    [page]:
    Try the download section.



    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  14. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > Read'em and weep losers!
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >
    > Frank


    As Simon Lok says, "Does this belong here?"

    stonerfish

  15. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Stephan Rose wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:16:21 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Stephan Rose wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Read'em and weep losers!
    >>>>
    >>>>http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>*yawn*
    >>>
    >>>Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase
    >>>down another post from Alias?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Stephan

    >>
    >>Did you bother to even read the article? Frank

    >
    >
    > Sure I did.
    >
    > It's way outdated.
    >
    > It's about some guy who I have no idea who he is and have never heard
    > about before and who apparently has an issue with Linux.
    >
    > So that much I know.
    >
    > What I don't know is why I should care about the article. I can't find
    > one reason. =)
    >

    Then why bother?
    You're stuck in the linux world and there is no honorable escape.
    You're doomed...LOL!
    Frank

  16. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    CBFalconer wrote:

    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >>Frank wrote:
    >>Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    >>dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>... snipped garbage ...

    >
    >
    > Frank, Kohlmann, and dennis are all trolls. Please do not feed.
    >


    Trolls...is that what you call the bearers of the truth?
    Frank

  17. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    dead head wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Read'em and weep losers!
    >>
    >>http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >>
    >>Frank

    >
    >
    > As Simon Lok says, "Does this belong here?"
    >
    > stonerfish


    Ask "nostop'...that cross-dressing RS ass kissing POS lying linux troll.
    Ask him about 'payback". Ask him why you all must now pay for his sins.
    Frank

  18. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:46:02 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > Stephan Rose wrote:
    >> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:16:21 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Stephan Rose wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:33:36 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>Read'em and weep losers!
    >>>>>
    >>>>>http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/16/lin..._0616theo.html
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>*yawn*
    >>>>
    >>>>Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase
    >>>>down another post from Alias?
    >>>>
    >>>>--
    >>>>Stephan
    >>>
    >>>Did you bother to even read the article? Frank

    >>
    >>
    >> Sure I did.
    >>
    >> It's way outdated.
    >>
    >> It's about some guy who I have no idea who he is and have never heard
    >> about before and who apparently has an issue with Linux.
    >>
    >> So that much I know.
    >>
    >> What I don't know is why I should care about the article. I can't find
    >> one reason. =)
    >>

    > Then why bother?
    > You're stuck in the linux world and there is no honorable escape. You're
    > doomed...LOL!


    Considering the salary I earn now being stuck in the Linux world I have
    to say, I like being stuck here. It definitely pays the bills quite good!

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  19. Re: Linux is for losers...!



    "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    news:RrWdnd3XnLmgrl3anZ2dnUVZ_uHinZ2d@giganews.com ...


    > Considering the salary I earn now being stuck in the Linux world I have
    > to say, I like being stuck here. It definitely pays the bills quite good!


    Backs up the views that it costs more to support linux than windows then?


  20. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >
    > "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    > news:RrWdnd3XnLmgrl3anZ2dnUVZ_uHinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >
    >
    >> Considering the salary I earn now being stuck in the Linux world I have
    >> to say, I like being stuck here. It definitely pays the bills quite good!

    >
    > Backs up the views that it costs more to support linux than windows then?


    After all this time, you don't know what Stephen does with Linux? LOL!
    Figures.

    Alias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast