Linux is for losers...! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux is for losers...! - Ubuntu ; Dirk T. Verbeek wrote: > jellybean stonerfish schreef: > >> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:55:19 -0800, Frank wrote: >> >>> Why am I here? >>> Frank >> >> >> You get off when someone responds to one of your ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 60 of 60

  1. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:

    > jellybean stonerfish schreef:
    >
    >> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:55:19 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why am I here?
    >>> Frank

    >> You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?
    >>
    >> stonerfish

    > Hehe, you hit that one on the (dead) head
    >
    > And he gets a micro (soft) payment from Redmond.

    Don't I wish!
    Frank

  2. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Frank illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > jellybean stonerfish wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:55:19 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>

    >>>Why am I here?
    >>>Frank

    >> You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?
    >>
    >> stonerfish

    > Do you?

    You're a man of few words, Frank

    So few in fact, that there's barely enough for a sentence.

    Your mother must be so proud.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  3. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Frank wrote:

    > Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:
    >
    >> jellybean stonerfish schreef:

    >>> You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?
    >>>
    >>> stonerfish

    >> Hehe, you hit that one on the (dead) head
    >>
    >> And he gets a micro (soft) payment from Redmond.

    > Don't I wish!
    > Frank

    I bet you do. Marketing ... "will that be fries with your order", "proly"
    doesn't go too far. :-)

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    My Killfile List: Frank, dennis@home ... Sorry, won't be able to read your
    BS any longer.

  4. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Frank wrote:

    > ray wrote:

    >>>Try google!
    >>>Frank

    >> That's just what I thought - none.

    > Then you don't know how to use google.
    > Try 'google help"!
    > Frank

    This newsgroup you dumbfuk isn't archived by Google. Hence, you aren't going
    to accomplish the neverending attention you obviously seek. Why don't you
    order?".

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    My Killfile List: Frank, dennis@home ... Sorry, won't be able to read your
    BS any longer.

  5. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    keith wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:16:22 +0000, dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    >> someone more.
    >> That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

    > Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    > license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    > be less, even if his unit rate is higher.
    >
    > Keith

    The Windoze fanboys miss that crucial point. They're fukked.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    My Killfile List: Frank, dennis@home ... Sorry, won't be able to read your
    BS any longer.

  6. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "keith" wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:16:22 +0000, dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>> Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    >>> someone more.
    >>> That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

    >> Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    >> license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    >> be less, even if his unit rate is higher.

    > True.. it is not a case of linux is better or windows is better it is a
    > case of analysis.

    Wrong again. Linux is BETTER. Now fukk off back to your Windoze click click
    wizard newsgroup.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    My Killfile List: Frank, dennis@home ... Sorry, won't be able to read your
    BS any longer.

  7. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Moog wrote:

    > Frank illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> jellybean stonerfish wrote:

    >>> You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?
    >>>
    >>> stonerfish

    >> Do you?

    > You're a man of few words, Frank
    >
    > So few in fact, that there's barely enough for a sentence.
    >
    > Your mother must be so proud.

    She is! She bundles him up, places a football helmet on his head (for his
    protection) and sends him off to play on the freeway each day.
    Unfortunately, up to now, he's been returning home.

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    Q: What OS is built for lusers?
    A: Which one requires running lusermgr.msc to create them?

    My Killfile List: Frank, dennis@home ... Sorry, won't be able to read your
    BS any longer.

  8. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    NoStop wrote:

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >>"keith" wrote in message

    >>>Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    >>>license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    >>>be less, even if his unit rate is higher.

    >>True.. it is not a case of linux is better or windows is better it is a
    >>case of analysis.

    > Wrong again. Linux is BETTER. Now fukk off back to your Windoze click click
    > wizard newsgroup.
    >
    > Cheers.

    You're doing very well with your OJT at the burger-doodle joint right?
    Anyways you need to learn to listen to the customers...I said I don't
    eat fries and would like an Espresso, no sugar, no cream.
    Oh and that's a "to go" order.
    Be sure and keep us updated on your job, ok?
    Frank

  9. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    NoStop wrote:

    > keith wrote:
    >

    >>On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:16:22 +0000, dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>>Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    >>>someone more.
    >>>That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

    >>Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    >>license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    >>be less, even if his unit rate is higher.
    >>
    >>Keith

    > The Windoze fanboys miss that crucial point. They're fukked.
    >
    > Cheers.

    You're doing very well with your OJT at the burger-doodle joint right?
    Anyways you need to learn to listen to the customers...I said I don't
    eat fries and would like an Espresso, no sugar, no cream.
    Oh and that's a "to go" order.
    Be sure and keep us updated on your job, ok?
    Frank

  10. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    NoStop wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >

    >>ray wrote:

    >>>That's just what I thought - none.

    >>Then you don't know how to use google.
    >>Try 'google help"!
    >>Frank

    > This newsgroup you dumbfuk isn't archived by Google. Hence, you aren't going
    > to accomplish the neverending attention you obviously seek. Why don't you
    > order?".
    >
    > Cheers.

    You're doing very well with your OJT at the burger-doodle joint right?
    Anyways you need to learn to listen to the customers...I said I don't
    eat fries and would like an Espresso, no sugar, no cream.
    Oh and that's a "to go" order.
    Be sure and keep us updated on your job, ok?
    Frank

  11. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    NoStop wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >

    >>Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:

    >>>Hehe, you hit that one on the (dead) head
    >>>
    >>>And he gets a micro (soft) payment from Redmond.

    >>Don't I wish!
    >>Frank

    > I bet you do. Marketing ... "will that be fries with your order", "proly"
    > doesn't go too far. :-)
    >
    > Cheers.

    You're doing very well with your OJT at the burger-doodle joint right?
    Anyways you need to learn to listen to the customers...I said I don't
    eat fries and would like an Espresso, no sugar, no cream.
    Oh and that's a "to go" order.
    Be sure and keep us updated on your job, ok?
    Frank

  12. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    NoStop wrote:

    > Moog wrote:
    >

    >>Frank illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>>Do you?

    >>You're a man of few words, Frank
    >>
    >>So few in fact, that there's barely enough for a sentence.
    >>
    >>Your mother must be so proud.
    >>

    > She is! She bundles him up, places a football helmet on his head (for his
    > protection) and sends him off to play on the freeway each day.
    > Unfortunately, up to now, he's been returning home.
    >
    > Cheers.

    You're doing very well with your OJT at the burger-doodle joint right?
    Anyways you need to learn to listen to the customers...I said I don't
    eat fries and would like an Espresso, no sugar, no cream.
    Oh and that's a "to go" order.
    Be sure and keep us updated on your job, ok?
    Frank

  13. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:08:32 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > jellybean stonerfish wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:55:19 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>

    >>>Why am I here?
    >>>Frank

    >> You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?
    >>
    >> stonerfish

    > Do you?
    > Frank

    Only when their response makes them look like an idiot.

  14. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    NoStop wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > The Windoze fanboys miss that crucial point. They're fukked.

    This seems to be the peak of your contributions. PLONK.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  15. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Stephan Rose wrote:

    > Considering the salary I earn now being stuck in the Linux world I have
    > to say, I like being stuck here. It definitely pays the bills quite good!

    Yes - me too! We /only/ use OS tools for development, and live very
    comfortably on the proceeds of our hardware and software design.

    C.

  16. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    keith wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:16:22 +0000, dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    >> someone more.
    >> That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

    > Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    > license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    > be less, even if his unit rate is higher.

    Precisely right! TCO of Linux in our environment is roughly 10% of the
    Windows costs, and productivity is /much/ higher. There's no comparison...

    C.

  17. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:

    > And he gets a micro (soft) payment from Redmond.

    No - "Frank" is too stupid for even /that./ (S)he still hasn't got over the
    beating (s)he received after screwing up Daddy's "Vista" install when (s)he
    tried to install Ubuntu. Daddy had to go to the "Tech Guys" and had to pay
    for a whole new copy of "Vista".

    C.

  18. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    "NoStop" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "keith" wrote in message

    >>> Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings
    >>> (no
    >>> license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    >>> be less, even if his unit rate is higher.

    >> True.. it is not a case of linux is better or windows is better it is a
    >> case of analysis.

    > Wrong again. Linux is BETTER. Now fukk off back to your Windoze click
    > click
    > wizard newsgroup.

    This group doesn't need people like you, take it to somewhere else.

  19. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > keith wrote:
    >

    >>On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:16:22 +0000, dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>>Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    >>>someone more.
    >>>That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

    >>Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    >>license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    >>be less, even if his unit rate is higher.

    > Precisely right! TCO of Linux in our environment is roughly 10% of the
    > Windows costs, and productivity is /much/ higher. There's no comparison...
    >
    > C.

    Nothing like pulling numbers out of your ass!
    Liar!
    Frank

  20. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Christopher Hunter wrote: