Linux is for losers...! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux is for losers...! - Ubuntu ; On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:47:11 -0800, Frank wrote: > CBFalconer wrote: > >> Mike Easter wrote: >> >>>Frank wrote: >>>Peter Kohlmann wrote: >>>dennis@home wrote: >>> >>> >>>>... snipped garbage ... >> >> >> Frank, Kohlmann, and dennis are all ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

  1. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:47:11 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>
    >>>Frank wrote:
    >>>Peter Kohlmann wrote:

    >> Frank, Kohlmann, and dennis are all trolls. Please do not feed.
    >>

    > Trolls...is that what you call the bearers of the truth? Frank

    No, it's what we call spreaders of FUD!

  2. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Alias wrote:
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    >> news:RrWdnd3XnLmgrl3anZ2dnUVZ_uHinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >>

    >>> Considering the salary I earn now being stuck in the Linux world I have
    >>> to say, I like being stuck here. It definitely pays the bills quite
    >>> good!

    >> Backs up the views that it costs more to support linux than windows then?

    > After all this time, you don't know what Stephen does with Linux? LOL!
    > Figures.
    >
    > Alias

    As far as I recall he does *not* work in *IT*. He's uses Linux for is
    business needs

    Ram

  3. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Ram wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    >>> news:RrWdnd3XnLmgrl3anZ2dnUVZ_uHinZ2d@giganews.com ...

    >>> Backs up the views that it costs more to support linux than windows
    >>> then?

    >> After all this time, you don't know what Stephen does with Linux? LOL!
    >> Figures.
    >>
    >> Alias

    > As far as I recall he does *not* work in *IT*. He's uses Linux for is
    > business needs
    >
    > Ram

    My recollection is that he writes software. I'm sure Stephen will
    elaborate more if the mood strikes him.

    Alias

  4. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:03:33 +0100, Alias wrote:

    > Ram wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:

    >>> After all this time, you don't know what Stephen does with Linux? LOL!
    >>> Figures.
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >> As far as I recall he does *not* work in *IT*. He's uses Linux for is
    >> business needs
    >>
    >> Ram

    > My recollection is that he writes software. I'm sure Stephen will
    > elaborate more if the mood strikes him.

    *cough*Steph--->a<---n*cough*

    Anyway,

    you are remembering correctly. Most of my linux work is software
    development, primarily C++ using QT as my cross-platform library.

    It also makes a great platform for reverse engineering which I am
    recently also doing quite a bit of.

    And of course any and all embedded development I do is linux based with
    Linux running both on my PC and the target device I work with.

    Also the new management software for the company I work for will be
    completely linux based and run on linux servers. Many of the windows
    workstations will then also be replaced with linux workstations once the
    required software that needs to run on them is complete.

    About the one and only thing I use Windows for is my 3D CAD/CAM work
    because the linux offerings in that area are relatively thin.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  5. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    "Alias" wrote in message news:fppg1s$u8i$1@aioe.org...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    >> news:RrWdnd3XnLmgrl3anZ2dnUVZ_uHinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >>

    >>> Considering the salary I earn now being stuck in the Linux world I have
    >>> to say, I like being stuck here. It definitely pays the bills quite
    >>> good!

    >> Backs up the views that it costs more to support linux than windows then?

    > After all this time, you don't know what Stephen does with Linux? LOL!
    > Figures.
    >
    > Alias

    Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    someone more.
    That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

  6. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    ray wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:47:11 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>CBFalconer wrote:

    >>>Frank, Kohlmann, and dennis are all trolls. Please do not feed.
    >>>

    >>Trolls...is that what you call the bearers of the truth? Frank

    > No, it's what we call spreaders of FUD!

    Then by definition you are a troll!
    That is what I've been saying all along.
    Live with it.
    Frank

  7. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Stephan Rose wrote:

    >>> *yawn*
    >>>
    >>> Frank, don't you have better things to do with your time, like chase down
    >>> another post from Alias?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Stephan

    >> Did you bother to even read the article?
    >> Frank

    > You mean that one you linked to, 2 1/2 years old, and from someone who has
    > an axe to grind with linux?
    >
    > Why don't you say just openly that you are a Vista user?

    Do you use Vista or XP to develop and test your proprietary Windows SW
    from which you make a living?

  8. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:16:22 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

    > Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    > someone more.
    > That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

    Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    be less, even if his unit rate is higher.

    Keith

  9. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    "keith" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:16:22 +0000, dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> Do I care? He gets paid more for "doing" linux than windows so it costs
    >> someone more.
    >> That *is* what he said, it may be true or it may not be.

    > Unless his productivity is higher, or there are consequential savings (no
    > license fees, lower hardware, lower maintenance, etc), so the TCO might
    > be less, even if his unit rate is higher.

    True.. it is not a case of linux is better or windows is better it is a case
    of analysis.

  10. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:48:51 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > dead head ( well actually it was me ) wrote:
    >

    >> As Simon Lok says, "Does this belong here?"
    >>
    >> stonerfish

    > Ask "nostop'...that cross-dressing RS ass kissing POS lying linux troll.
    > Ask him about 'payback". Ask him why you all must now pay for his sins.
    > Frank

    Ok, I take the bait.....

    What the #u(k are you talking about..

    stonerfish

  11. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    jellybean stonerfish wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:48:51 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>dead head ( well actually it was me ) wrote:
    >>

    >>>As Simon Lok says, "Does this belong here?"
    >>>
    >>>stonerfish

    >>Ask "nostop'...that cross-dressing RS ass kissing POS lying linux troll.
    >>Ask him about 'payback". Ask him why you all must now pay for his sins.
    >>Frank

    > Ok, I take the bait.....
    >
    > What the #u(k are you talking about..
    >

    > stonerfish

    Why am I here?
    Frank

  12. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Hadron wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann writes:
    >
    >> Frank wrote:

    >>> Did you bother to even read the article?
    >>> Frank

    >> You mean that one you linked to, 2 1/2 years old, and from someone who
    >> has an axe to grind with linux?
    >>
    >> Why don't you say just openly that you are a Vista user?

    > Do you use Vista or XP to develop and test your proprietary Windows SW
    > from which you make a living?

    No, I do not use Vista, not do I intend to do so for the next future for
    development of Windows software.
    I develop all windows software on *linux* and compile/test it on W2K.
    Testing is also done on a XP computer. Vista is currently banned in our
    company due to it being incredibly ****ty. There is *one* Vista laptop to
    make sure the software is running on Vista. So far it does without issues.
    And, BTW, nobody wants to actually *use* that laptop, so it mostly gathers
    dust, as half of the printers are inaccessible from that piece of **** due
    to lack of halfway decent drivers

    And no, I make *part* of my living from windows software. I also do linux
    software, and just a few days ago finished an app running on linux.

    I /could/ compile it for windows with a few minor changes, as I try to stay
    crossplatform with all newly written stuff.

    I explained that already a few times, and you naturally chose to ignore it
    for better means of trolling
    --
    Designed for Windows. No user serviceable parts inside. By design

  13. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:25:05 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > ray wrote:

    >>>Trolls...is that what you call the bearers of the truth? Frank

    >> No, it's what we call spreaders of FUD!

    > Then by definition you are a troll!
    > That is what I've been saying all along. Live with it.
    > Frank

    Certainly - and you have specific examples to cite.

  14. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    ...his usual pack of bull**** lies.
    Get a life you fukkin moron idiot lying linux loser.
    Stupid POS!
    Frank

  15. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    ray wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:25:05 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>ray wrote:

    >>>No, it's what we call spreaders of FUD!

    >>Then by definition you are a troll!
    >>That is what I've been saying all along. Live with it.
    >>Frank

    > Certainly - and you have specific examples to cite.

    Try google!
    Frank

  16. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:55:19 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > Why am I here?
    > Frank

    You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?

    stonerfish

  17. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    jellybean stonerfish schreef:
    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:55:19 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Why am I here?
    >> Frank

    > You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?
    >
    > stonerfish

    Hehe, you hit that one on the (dead) head

    And he gets a micro (soft) payment from Redmond.

  18. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:36:40 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > ray wrote:

    >>>Then by definition you are a troll!
    >>>That is what I've been saying all along. Live with it. Frank

    >> Certainly - and you have specific examples to cite.

    > Try google!
    > Frank

    That's just what I thought - none.

  19. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    ray wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:36:40 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>ray wrote:

    >>>Certainly - and you have specific examples to cite.

    >>Try google!
    >>Frank

    > That's just what I thought - none.

    Then you don't know how to use google.
    Try 'google help"!
    Frank

  20. Re: Linux is for losers...!

    jellybean stonerfish wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:55:19 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>Why am I here?
    >>Frank

    > You get off when someone responds to one of your posts?
    >
    > stonerfish

    Do you?
    Frank