newsfeed, DVD repository - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on newsfeed, DVD repository - Ubuntu ; Can anyone recommend to me a better news feed than aioe.org? I've noticed that sometimes people reply to my postings, and I never see the replies here, but I CAN see them on Google Groups, and later on nnseek. There ...

  1. newsfeed, DVD repository

    Can anyone recommend to me a better news feed than aioe.org? I've noticed
    that sometimes people reply to my postings, and I never see the replies
    here, but I CAN see them on Google Groups, and later on nnseek. There seems
    to be a disconnect somewhere on aioe.org, and I'd like to be able to see

    Also, folks have told me to get the DVD version download for Ubuntu.
    Where is that found? I guess it has all the dependencies & such that people
    might have to download, and so would be good for an install on a
    non-Internet connected PC. (like mine)

  2. Re: newsfeed, DVD repository

    OhioGuy illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Can anyone recommend to me a better news feed than aioe.org? I've noticed
    > that sometimes people reply to my postings, and I never see the replies
    > here, but I CAN see them on Google Groups, and later on nnseek. There seems
    > to be a disconnect somewhere on aioe.org, and I'd like to be able to see
    >
    > Also, folks have told me to get the DVD version download for Ubuntu.
    > Where is that found? I guess it has all the dependencies & such that people
    > might have to download, and so would be good for an install on a
    > non-Internet connected PC. (like mine)

    You could try
    www.motzarella.org

    You'd need to register first though.

    DVD of Ubuntu (Europe based)
    http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/ubuntu-cdim...gutsy/release/

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  3. Re: DVD repository

    OhioGuy wrote:

    > Also, folks have told me to get the DVD version download for Ubuntu.
    > Where is that found? *I guess it has all the dependencies & such that
    > people might have to download, and so would be good for an install on a
    > non-Internet connected PC. (like mine)

    I always download a CD image, never a DVD image.

    Anyway: http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/ has all images. A nice one:
    ubuntu-7.10-dvd-i386.iso

    Tip for a bittorrent client: utorrent (as you're posting from Windows). On
    Ubuntu, ktorrent (or transmission) is a nice torrent client.

    HTH

    de Kameel

+ Reply to Thread