Alacarte and trash icon - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Alacarte and trash icon - Ubuntu ; Hi all, i can't found alacarte into my ubuntu 7.10 is it hidden ? i know that it's installed but even if i go to application-accessories nothing happen and....... also the trash icon is vanished any help will be great ...

  1. Alacarte and trash icon

    Hi all,
    i can't found alacarte into my ubuntu 7.10
    is it hidden ?
    i know that it's installed but even if i go to application-accessories
    nothing happen
    and.......
    also the trash icon is vanished
    any help will be great
    thanks in advance

  2. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    Den Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:37:12 +0100 skrev The Kikkenz:

    > Hi all,
    > i can't found alacarte into my ubuntu 7.10 is it hidden ?
    > i know that it's installed but even if i go to application-accessories
    > nothing happen
    > and.......
    > also the trash icon is vanished
    > any help will be great
    > thanks in advance

    Have you tried alacarte in a terminal..?

    To get the icon visible, start gconf-editor and seek for trash (don't
    forget to seek in key-strings), one of the key's is about if you want to
    have the icon visible or not.

    /Anders

  3. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    The Kikkenz illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Hi all,
    > i can't found alacarte into my ubuntu 7.10
    > is it hidden ?
    > i know that it's installed but even if i go to application-accessories
    > nothing happen
    > and.......
    > also the trash icon is vanished
    > any help will be great
    > thanks in advance

    The trash icon is down to the right on your bottom gnome bar.

    The Alacarte menu editor hgas been renamed
    System -> Preferences -> Main Menu
    will bring it up for you.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  4. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:37:12 +0100, The Kikkenz wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > i can't found alacarte into my ubuntu 7.10 is it hidden ?
    > i know that it's installed but even if i go to application-accessories
    > nothing happen
    > and.......
    > also the trash icon is vanished
    > any help will be great
    > thanks in advance

    The easy way to solve this kind of problem is to fire up Synaptic and
    do a search for the program name. If it shows as installed,
    right-click on the package and select Properties. Then select the
    Installed Files tab. That lists all files installed by the
    package. Excutables get installed in paths ending in "bin". Most of
    the time they go into /bin, /usr/bin, or /usr/local/bin. This will
    also turn up additional utilities bundled in the package. While you're
    looking at the list, it's a good idea to see what kind of
    documentation gets installed. That usually goes into /usr/share/doc,
    and you may also see some manpages and info pages installed.

    If you're totally positive of the executable's name, you could also
    open a terminal and type "which programname". That will either display
    the path to the program or tell you it's not found.

  5. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    Moog ha scritto:
    > The Kikkenz illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> Hi all,
    >> i can't found alacarte into my ubuntu 7.10
    >> is it hidden ?
    >> i know that it's installed but even if i go to application-accessories
    >> nothing happen
    >> and.......
    >> also the trash icon is vanished
    >> any help will be great
    >> thanks in advance

    > The trash icon is down to the right on your bottom gnome bar.
    >
    > The Alacarte menu editor hgas been renamed
    > System -> Preferences -> Main Menu
    > will bring it up for you.

    That's the perfect answer !!
    fast, specific, few word
    another question please
    in 6.06 lts ubuntu i can't found the trash icon
    where the hell is going ???
    thanks again
    may i say ??........ **** the developer that don't say nothing about the
    renaming of alacarte

  6. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    The Kikkenz illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog ha scritto:
    >> The Kikkenz illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> i can't found alacarte into my ubuntu 7.10
    >>> is it hidden ?
    >>> i know that it's installed but even if i go to application-accessories
    >>> nothing happen
    >>> and.......
    >>> also the trash icon is vanished
    >>> any help will be great
    >>> thanks in advance

    >> The trash icon is down to the right on your bottom gnome bar.
    >>
    >> The Alacarte menu editor hgas been renamed
    >> System -> Preferences -> Main Menu
    >> will bring it up for you.
    >>

    > That's the perfect answer !!
    > fast, specific, few word
    > another question please
    > in 6.06 lts ubuntu i can't found the trash icon
    > where the hell is going ???
    > thanks again
    > may i say ??........ **** the developer that don't say nothing about the
    > renaming of alacarte

    OK. In that case you may just need to add a deleted items icon to your
    lower bar

    Right click the bottom bar,
    Select "Add to panel"
    Scroll through until you see the "Deleted Items" Icon. Select it then
    click the "add" button. Yor deleted items icon can the be moved to
    anywhere on the bar you want it. Right click it and untick "lock to
    panel" to do this

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  7. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    The Kikkenz wrote:
    > may i say ??........ **** the developer that don't say nothing about the
    > renaming of alacarte

    Not unless you're an asshole.

    It hasn't been renamed; it's still called alacarte. It's just called
    from a different location. Should you say, **** the Ubuntu developers
    for moving it to a new location?

    Use Terminal and open it from there, it'll run.

    --Benjamin Franklin

  8. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    johnny bobby bee ha scritto:
    > The Kikkenz wrote:
    >> may i say ??........ **** the developer that don't say nothing about
    >> the renaming of alacarte

    > Not unless you're an asshole.

    you're a fake
    it's not alacarte

    The Alacarte menu editor has been renamed
    System -> Preferences -> Main Menu
    so now is Main Menu

    > It hasn't been renamed; it's still called alacarte. It's just called
    > from a different location. Should you say, **** the Ubuntu developers
    > for moving it to a new location?

    yes u can
    but i don't care where they move, unless they don't change the name

    > Use Terminal and open it from there, it'll run.

    now i know

    peace

  9. Re: Alacarte and trash icon

    The Kikkenz wrote: