Surefire solution - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Surefire solution - Ubuntu ; Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently not everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is to simply not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on the few who derive ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

  1. Surefire solution

    Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently not
    everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is to simply
    not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on the few who
    derive childish pleasure out of feeding the trolls. Leave them all be,
    killfile them, and the world will be a (little bit) saner place.

    Just say ''.

    Jeff

  2. Re: Surefire solution

    > Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently
    > not
    > everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is to
    > simply not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on the
    > few who derive childish pleasure out of feeding the trolls. Leave
    > them all be, killfile them, and the world will be a (little bit)
    > saner place.

    Absolutely true. Since I've joined this new group it always amazes
    me:"Why people bother answering troll posts?"

    Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".

    Yes, do not feed the trolls.

  3. Re: Surefire solution

    * Vitorio Okio wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >> Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently
    >> not
    >> everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is to
    >> simply not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on the
    >> few who derive childish pleasure out of feeding the trolls. Leave
    >> them all be, killfile them, and the world will be a (little bit)
    >> saner place.

    > Absolutely true. Since I've joined this new group it always amazes
    > me:"Why people bother answering troll posts?"
    >
    > Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    > post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    > crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".
    >
    > Yes, do not feed the trolls.

    Welcome to Usenet

    --
    David

  4. Re: Surefire solution

    Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    > post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    > crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".

    "Frank" is so utterly stupid, and self-deluded enough to think that the
    rubbish (s)he spews into this NG is actually believed by /anyone,/ that
    it's fun to play with. (S)he hasn't realised that it was spotted as a
    troll by its' third post, but persists in trying to persuade people /much/
    more intelligent and /much/ better adjusted than (s)he is that "Vista" is
    an /operating/ /system/ rather than a restrictive and very badly written
    computer game!

    "Frank" /actually/ /believes/ that "Vista" contains a "new kernel" and isn't
    just XP with a shiny new desktop! What a fool!

    C.

  5. Re: Surefire solution

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >

    >>Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    >>post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    >>crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".

    > "Frank" is so utterly stupid, and self-deluded enough to think that the
    > rubbish (s)he spews into this NG is actually believed by /anyone,/ that
    > it's fun to play with.

    You're a moron who also just happens to be an idiot.

    (S)he hasn't realised that it was spotted as a
    > troll by its' third post, but persists in trying to persuade people /much/
    > more intelligent and /much/ better adjusted than (s)he is that "Vista" is
    > an /operating/ /system/ rather than a restrictive and very badly written
    > computer game!

    Hey bozo, the world runs on Windows...live with it loser.

    > "Frank" /actually/ /believes/ that "Vista" contains a "new kernel" and isn't
    > just XP with a shiny new desktop!

    You really are fukikin stupid aren't you!

    What a fool!

    Yes, you most certainly are!
    Frank

  6. Re: Surefire solution

    Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > ...Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    > post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    > crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".

    hehehe...I hit the nail right on the head didn't I...LOL!
    What a bunch of fukkin losers!
    Frank

  7. Re: Surefire solution

    jeff wrote:

    > Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently not
    > everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is to simply
    > not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on the few who
    > derive childish pleasure out of feeding the trolls. Leave them all be,
    > killfile them, and the world will be a (little bit) saner place.
    >
    > Just say ''.
    >
    > Jeff

    Uhhhh...kill file this entire ng and the world will be a better
    place...hahaha!
    Frank

  8. Re: Surefire solution

    Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > Yes, do not feed the trolls.

    Why not? It's fun to annoy a fool like "Frank". (S)he's so sure that
    "everyone runs Windows" that (s)he doesn't realise that the web is held
    together with Linux and Unix. It probably really upsets the moron that
    (s)he has to type *Unix* URLs into Internet Exploiter.

    C.

    ---
    Windows - a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

  9. Re: Surefire solution

    "Christopher Hunter" wrote in message
    news:G2muj.107191$801.87676@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, do not feed the trolls.

    > Why not? It's fun to annoy a fool like "Frank". (S)he's so sure that
    > "everyone runs Windows" that (s)he doesn't realise that the web is held
    > together with Linux and Unix.

    The web wouldn't go away if you removed unix as not everything uses unix or
    linux.
    You would but that would be an advantage well worth the loss of google.

  10. Re: Surefire solution

    Christopher Hunter schreef:
    > Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >
    >> Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    >> post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    >> crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".

    > "Frank" is so utterly stupid, and self-deluded enough to think that the
    > rubbish (s)he spews into this NG is actually believed by /anyone,/ that
    > it's fun to play with. (S)he

    It
    > hasn't realised that it was spotted as a
    > troll by its' third post, but persists in trying to persuade people /much/
    > more intelligent and /much/ better adjusted than (s)he

    it
    > is that "Vista" is
    > an /operating/ /system/ rather than a restrictive and very badly written
    > computer game!
    >
    > "Frank" /actually/ /believes/ that "Vista" contains a "new kernel" and isn't
    > just XP with a shiny new desktop! What a fool!
    >
    > C.

    Frank is lacking the balls of a man but also the grace of a woman.
    It runs Windows.

  11. Re: Surefire solution

    dennis@home schreef:

    > "Christopher Hunter" wrote in
    > message news:G2muj.107191$801.87676@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    >> Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, do not feed the trolls.

    >> Why not? It's fun to annoy a fool like "Frank". (S)he's so sure that
    >> "everyone runs Windows" that (s)he doesn't realise that the web is held
    >> together with Linux and Unix.

    > The web wouldn't go away if you removed unix

    Hmm I think you are short of a few minutes of study...

    > as not everything uses unix
    > or linux.

    No but the essentials do.

    > You would but that would be an advantage well worth the loss of google.

  12. Re: Surefire solution

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, do not feed the trolls.

    > Why not? It's fun to annoy a fool like "Frank". (S)he's so sure that
    > "everyone runs Windows" that (s)he doesn't realise that the web is held
    > together with Linux and Unix. It probably really upsets the moron that
    > (s)he has to type *Unix* URLs into Internet Exploiter.
    >
    > C.
    >
    > ---
    > Windows - a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

    You do not *annoy* a troll by responding to it, you *feed* it,
    encouraging it raise the level of noise and inanity.

    My recommendation, which I also strongly adhere to, is to killfile
    trolls *and anyone that feeds them*. Folks that are here to share Linux
    knowledge may take this advice. Folks who are here to play childish ego
    games will not.

    The whole point is that the serious Linux folks will be rid of the
    children, even as the kiddies continue to battle for
    I'm-more-immature-than-you honors.

    Jeff

  13. Re: Surefire solution

    "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message
    > dennis@home schreef:
    >>

    >> "Christopher Hunter" wrote in
    >> message news:G2muj.107191$801.87676@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...

    >>> Why not? It's fun to annoy a fool like "Frank". (S)he's so sure that
    >>> "everyone runs Windows" that (s)he doesn't realise that the web is held
    >>> together with Linux and Unix.

    >> The web wouldn't go away if you removed unix

    > Hmm I think you are short of a few minutes of study...
    >
    >> as not everything uses unix or linux.

    > No but the essentials do.

    Name one system that is essential that has to be unix, please?

  14. Re: Surefire solution

    Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:

    > Frank is lacking the balls of a man but also the grace of a woman.
    > It runs Windows.

    But I'm bending over kissing RS's hairy ass like you...LOL!
    Frank

  15. Re: Surefire solution

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >

    >>Yes, do not feed the trolls.

    > Why not? It's fun to annoy a fool like "Frank". (S)he's so sure that
    > "everyone runs Windows" that (s)he doesn't realise that the web is held
    > together with Linux and Unix. It probably really upsets the moron that
    > (s)he has to type *Unix* URLs into Internet Exploiter.
    >
    > C.
    >
    > ---
    > Windows - a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

    Think again you moron...cause I'm not talking about the web...which at
    best is 50% unix based...I'm talking about companies.
    You're rather stupid aren't you...LOL!
    Frank

  16. Re: Surefire solution

    jeff wrote:

    > The whole point is that the serious Linux folks will be rid of the
    > children, even as the kiddies continue to battle for
    > I'm-more-immature-than-you honors.
    >
    > Jeff

    Not until this entire open sores ****hole is shut down...until then it's
    'trolls-away"...LOL!
    Frank

  17. Re: Surefire solution

    "Frank" wrote in message
    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >> Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    >>>post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    >>>crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".

    >> "Frank" is so utterly stupid, and self-deluded enough to think that the
    >> rubbish (s)he spews into this NG is actually believed by /anyone,/ that
    >> it's fun to play with.

    > You're a moron who also just happens to be an idiot.

    The chances of that hey Frank !!!

  18. Re: Surefire solution

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:35:30 -0800, jeff wrote:

    > Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently not
    > everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is to simply
    > not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on the few who
    > derive childish pleasure out of feeding the trolls. Leave them all be,
    > killfile them, and the world will be a (little bit) saner place.
    >
    > Just say ''.
    >
    > Jeff

    Actually, silence does little to disuade them. Particularly in the case
    of 'frank' it is entertaining to push him just a little - usually does
    not take much and he deteriorates into a whining little ball of epithets
    - shows his true colors to the entire world.

  19. Re: Surefire solution

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message
    > > dennis@home schreef:
    > >>

    > >> "Christopher Hunter" wrote in
    > >> message news:G2muj.107191$801.87676@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...

    > >> The web wouldn't go away if you removed unix

    > > Hmm I think you are short of a few minutes of study...
    > >
    > >> as not everything uses unix or linux.

    > > No but the essentials do.

    > Name one system that is essential that has to be unix, please?

    SMTP, HTTP, NNTP, IRC, SIP, FTP, NTP, NS, DNS...

    Without *nix they'd all be ancient history. Winblows would crumble
    under the weight and Wintard admins would go postal and eat each other.

    Ok, so that last bit is a good reason for letting the information dirt
    road to take a Winblows detour for a couple hours... *laugh*

    https://www.mixmaster.it

  20. Re: Surefire solution

    ray wrote:
    > jeff wrote:
    >
    >> Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently
    >> not everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is
    >> to simply not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on
    >> the few who derive childish pleasure out of feeding the trolls.
    >> Leave them all be, killfile them, and the world will be a (little
    >> bit) saner place.
    >>
    >> Just say ''.

    > Actually, silence does little to disuade them. Particularly in the
    > case of 'frank' it is entertaining to push him just a little -
    > usually does not take much and he deteriorates into a whining
    > little ball of epithets - shows his true colors to the entire world.

    And in the process you clutter the newsgroup with many of your
    'pushes' and franks deteriorations. Just leave him alone and he
    will eventually die out, for some value of 'eventually'. That way
    everybody gains.

    Don't feed the trolls.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.