Surefire solution - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Surefire solution - Ubuntu ; dennis@home wrote: > > > "PeterKöhlmann" wrote in message > news:fpfpgt$1dm$01$1@news.t-online.com... > > >> Smart move. Just a little too late. You should have done that before >> reveiling your ignorance > > If you think you can win this ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 75 of 75

  1. Re: Surefire solution

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "PeterKöhlmann" wrote in message
    >

    >> Smart move. Just a little too late. You should have done that before
    >> reveiling your ignorance

    > If you think you can win this pissing contest you have started try posting
    > something original.

    I am not the ignorant twit who posts garbage like DNS root-servers "not
    essential, just very useful".

    That would be you, MD5-dennis.

    You are dumb as bread. A true Vista user.

    > Otherwise just give up.
    > What you post is meaningless drivel and everyone knows that, even your
    > chums.
    > Why don't you google mplamps

    Why should I? This topic is root-servers. A topic you obviously knew nothing
    about. Your usual tactic to try to send off someone on a completely
    irrelevent errand has never worked

    > and tell us what it is? Preferably in linux
    > advocacy and not here.

    Since when does a cretinous Vista user like you decide that a linux user
    should not post in a linux group?
    --
    You're not my type. For that matter, you're not even my species

  2. Re: Surefire solution

    >> > No but the essentials do.

    >> Name one system that is essential that has to be unix, please?

    > SMTP, HTTP, NNTP, IRC, SIP, FTP, NTP, NS, DNS...
    >
    > Without *nix they'd all be ancient history. Winblows would crumble
    > under the weight and Wintard admins would go postal and eat each other.
    >
    > Ok, so that last bit is a good reason for letting the information dirt
    > road to take a Winblows detour for a couple hours... *laugh*

    Answer the question the way it was asked.

  3. Re: Surefire solution

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:57:15 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:

    > I see the above generated troll answers from Dan C, Frank, and
    > dennis@home. All were PLONKED, so they take up no room on my
    > system. Don't know what conclusions I should draw from this.

    That you don't know how to plonk people since you saw their replies?

    --
    Some say that Pamela Anderson wouldn't be anybody without her tits.
    That's simply not true, she'd be Paris Hilton

  4. Re: Surefire solution

    jeff wrote:
    > Based on some of the threads that I see here recently, apparently not
    > everyone knows this... A surefire way to deal with trolls is to simply
    > not respond to them. The same approach, BTW, works on the few who
    > derive childish pleasure out of feeding the trolls. Leave them all be,
    > killfile them, and the world will be a (little bit) saner place.

    And so begins the longest thread this week. :-)

    --
    Wes Groleau

    It seems a pity that psychology should have
    destroyed all our knowledge of human nature.
    -- G. K. Chesterton

  5. Re: Surefire solution

    Joe wrote:
    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>> The best way to stop this is to complain to "Franks" ISP

    >> RoadRunner are notoriously bad at dealing with abuse complaints.
    >> That's why morons like "Frank" use them.

    > Not exactly. People use them because Time Warner is their cable
    > system, and they have no other good options. DSL is painfully
    > slow compared to what I get from RR. The only service that
    > would be able to beat the speed I am getting is Fios, and it
    > isn't available here yet...
    >
    > Frank being a troll has nothing to do with RR.

    However Frank being an unsuppressed crude troll has everything to
    do with RR.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  6. Re: Surefire solution

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> I see the above generated troll answers from Dan C, Frank, and
    >> dennis@home. All were PLONKED, so they take up no room on my
    >> system. Don't know what conclusions I should draw from this.

    > That you don't know how to plonk people since you saw their
    > replies?

    No, I never saw their replies. I only saw their headers.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  7. Re: Surefire solution

    On 2008-02-20, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> Frank being a troll has nothing to do with RR.

    > Not getting it disconnected is /all/ about RR!

    Perhaps, but who should the ISP give more respect to, a random usenet
    poster, or the guy forking over $50/Month for internet service? Cash
    talks...

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  8. Re: Surefire solution

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >>Christopher Hunter wrote:

    >>>RoadRunner are notoriously bad at dealing with abuse complaints.
    >>>That's why morons like "Frank" use them.

    >>Not exactly. People use them because Time Warner is their cable
    >>system, and they have no other good options. DSL is painfully
    >>slow compared to what I get from RR. The only service that
    >>would be able to beat the speed I am getting is Fios, and it
    >>isn't available here yet...
    >>
    >>Frank being a troll has nothing to do with RR.

    > However Frank being an unsuppressed crude troll has everything to
    > do with RR.

    Frank, you stupid lying linux moron, is the bearer of the truth. Often
    referred to as "the awful truth".
    I know, the truth scares the living **** out of you linturd idiots.
    Do yourself a favor and kill file this entire open sores ****hole of an
    ng...it would also be a 'green' thing to do and a public service.
    Frank

  9. Re: Surefire solution

    On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:01:16 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Trevor Best wrote:
    >> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>
    >>> I see the above generated troll answers from Dan C, Frank, and
    >>> dennis@home. All were PLONKED, so they take up no room on my
    >>> system. Don't know what conclusions I should draw from this.

    >> That you don't know how to plonk people since you saw their
    >> replies?

    > No, I never saw their replies. I only saw their headers.

    You should stop using Windows 98, you might not then be bothered by their
    headers either.

    --
    Some say that Pamela Anderson wouldn't be anybody without her tits.
    That's simply not true, she'd be Paris Hilton
    - Sarah Silverman

  10. Re: Surefire solution

    Dan C writes:

    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:05:27 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> Don't feed the trolls.

    > Fix your double signature block, dimwit. You've been asked to do this
    > numerous times by numerous people, and yet you refuse.
    >
    > A bigger hypocrite would be near impossible to find.
    >
    > Bugger off.

    Seconded.

  11. Re: Surefire solution

    Trevor Best writes:

    > On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:57:15 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> I see the above generated troll answers from Dan C, Frank, and
    >> dennis@home. All were PLONKED, so they take up no room on my
    >> system. Don't know what conclusions I should draw from this.

    > That you don't know how to plonk people since you saw their replies?

    That he's a gob****e busybody with zero idea of anything. He actually
    net nannies people that don't snip his double sig! Unbelievable
    hypocrisy. And as thick as two short planks to go with it. Someone
    posted a link to his behaviour in comp.lang.c where he appears to be
    barely tolerated by the others since he is, at most, correct once in
    about 100 posts. They call him "Chuck" there and correct him repeatedly
    and ask him to be a little more friendly to other posters. He is their
    court jester if you will and provides a little light relief from the
    daily grind.

  12. Re: Surefire solution

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> Trevor Best wrote:

    >>> That you don't know how to plonk people since you saw their
    >>> replies?

    >> No, I never saw their replies. I only saw their headers.

    > You should stop using Windows 98, you might not then be bothered
    > by their headers either.

    You apparently are not familiar with how Usenet works. Simplified,
    the reader requests a list of available new messages in a group.
    The server ships an edited summary of the headers of such. The
    reader can now request, or ignore, any message or messages. The OS
    has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  13. Re: Surefire solution

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:36:07 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Trevor Best wrote:
    >> CBFalconer wrote:

    >>> No, I never saw their replies. I only saw their headers.

    >> You should stop using Windows 98, you might not then be bothered
    >> by their headers either.

    > You apparently are not familiar with how Usenet works. Simplified,
    > the reader requests a list of available new messages in a group.
    > The server ships an edited summary of the headers of such. The
    > reader can now request, or ignore, any message or messages. The OS
    > has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

    It's more about the choice of newsreaders available to a particular
    platform, but there you go, since you plonked Dan C then I'll say it,
    bugger off win-droid. :-)

    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]:
    > Try the download section.

    and fix this sig

    --
    Some say that Pamela Anderson wouldn't be anybody without her tits.
    That's simply not true, she'd be Paris Hilton
    - Sarah Silverman

  14. Re: Surefire solution

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> Trevor Best wrote:

    >>> You should stop using Windows 98, you might not then be bothered
    >>> by their headers either.

    >> You apparently are not familiar with how Usenet works. Simplified,
    >> the reader requests a list of available new messages in a group.
    >> The server ships an edited summary of the headers of such. The
    >> reader can now request, or ignore, any message or messages. The OS
    >> has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

    > It's more about the choice of newsreaders available to a particular
    > platform, but there you go, since you plonked Dan C then I'll say it,
    > bugger off win-droid. :-)

    You are continuously exposing your ignorance. The above is a
    function of the protocols used between the news-server and the
    news-reader. You may notice that I am becoming less polite as you
    advance to pure boorishness.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  15. Re: Surefire solution

    CBFalconer writes:

    > Trevor Best wrote:
    >> CBFalconer wrote:

    >>> You apparently are not familiar with how Usenet works. Simplified,
    >>> the reader requests a list of available new messages in a group.
    >>> The server ships an edited summary of the headers of such. The
    >>> reader can now request, or ignore, any message or messages. The OS
    >>> has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

    >> It's more about the choice of newsreaders available to a particular
    >> platform, but there you go, since you plonked Dan C then I'll say it,
    >> bugger off win-droid. :-)

    > You are continuously exposing your ignorance. The above is a
    > function of the protocols used between the news-server and the
    > news-reader. You may notice that I am becoming less polite as you
    > advance to pure boorishness.
    >
    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]:
    > Try the download section.

    Two things : you are totally wrong, and you are posting with a double
    signature.

    No one gives a **** about the protocol : the newsreader in question
    HIDES that from you and different newsreaders do different things with
    that underlying protocol to provide a news reading "experience" for the
    end user.

    Do you never tire of being the butt boy of everywhere you contribute to?

    And fix your double sig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4