Surefire solution - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Surefire solution - Ubuntu ; "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message news:47bb50b5$0$14356$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Peter Köhlmann schreef: >> dennis@home wrote: >> >>> >>> "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message >>> news:47bafb99$0$14353$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... >>>> dennis@home schreef: >>> 8 >>> >>>>> Name one system that is essential that has ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

  1. Re: Surefire solution

    "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message
    > Peter Köhlmann schreef:
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message
    >>> 8<

    >>> They actually aren't essential, just very useful.

    >> Do you have *any* idea what the root servers are?
    >> Any at all?
    >> "not essential, just very useful". Good one, that

    > Hehe, the kid runs Windows so how would he know what 'root' stands for
    >>
    >> But then, you are a Vista user. It shows

    > Lack of education yet he mouths off in this group.

    You are another of those know it all users that don't really know anything
    and think you can intimidate others because you spout off crap. Well it
    doesn't work as so far you haven't shown a knowledge of anything worth
    while. You might confuse the newbie but not me. Come back after you have
    read and understand a few rfcs ( rfc 2549 should be about your level).

  2. Re: Surefire solution

    dennis@home schreef:

    > "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message
    >> Peter Köhlmann schreef:

    >>> Do you have *any* idea what the root servers are?
    >>> Any at all?
    >>> "not essential, just very useful". Good one, that

    >> Hehe, the kid runs Windows so how would he know what 'root' stands for
    >>>
    >>> But then, you are a Vista user. It shows

    >> Lack of education yet he mouths off in this group.

    > You are another of those know it all users that don't really know
    > anything and think you can intimidate others because you spout off crap.
    > Well it doesn't work as so far you haven't shown a knowledge of anything
    > worth while. You might confuse the newbie but not me. Come back after
    > you have read and understand a few rfcs ( rfc 2549 should be about your
    > level).

    I like the 23 minutes of thought since your previous post.

    But at least you found a way to use Google, or in your case maybe MSN
    Search.

    But don't take it too seriously, you're a far better kid than this MS
    chill going by the handle Frank.

  3. Re: Surefire solution

    Dirk T. Verbeek illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > <...>
    > But don't take it too seriously, you're a far better kid than this MS
    > chill going by the handle Frank.

    Dirk.

    Ignore this Dennis fella. He's only here to cause trouble.

    You're wasting your time.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  4. Re: Surefire solution

    > dennis@home schreef:
    >>

    >> "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message

    >>> Hehe, the kid runs Windows so how would he know what 'root' stands for

    >>> Lack of education yet he mouths off in this group.

    >> You are another of those know it all users that don't really know
    >> anything and think you can intimidate others because you spout off crap.
    >> Well it doesn't work as so far you haven't shown a knowledge of anything
    >> worth while. You might confuse the newbie but not me. Come back after you
    >> have read and understand a few rfcs ( rfc 2549 should be about your
    >> level).
    >>

    > I like the 23 minutes of thought since your previous post.

    Well I am watching a stargate sg1 dvd so you aren't going to get any quick
    And I think you didn't read the rfc.

    > But at least you found a way to use Google, or in your case maybe MSN
    > Search.
    >
    > But don't take it too seriously, you're a far better kid than this MS
    > chill going by the handle Frank.

    Maybe but as I designed network and comms equipment and systems for a living
    I had better know a bit more than Frank.

  5. Re: Surefire solution

    "Moog" wrote in message
    > Dirk T. Verbeek illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >
    >> <...>
    >> But don't take it too seriously, you're a far better kid than this MS
    >> chill going by the handle Frank.

    > Dirk.

    Dirk ignore this moog thingy he is a troll.
    He has this irrational belief that I attack his beloved linux even when I
    don't.
    Pretty stupid of him really.

    He also gets a bit wound up by the fact that I post from vista which is even
    more stupid of him.

  6. Re: Surefire solution

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote in message
    >> Peter Köhlmann schreef:

    >>> Do you have *any* idea what the root servers are?
    >>> Any at all?
    >>> "not essential, just very useful". Good one, that

    >> Hehe, the kid runs Windows so how would he know what 'root' stands for

    > Do you know how many root servers there are and where they are located for
    > each domain?
    > Maybe you want to tell us how long it takes to clear all the secondary and
    > tertiary dns caches after a primary fails?
    > Maybe you are the dumb one for using linux?
    > You sure aren't smart enough to choose it for its strengths.

    So you asked google what "root-servers" are, after you have shown your
    complete lack of knowledge.

    Smart move. Just a little too late. You should have done that before
    reveiling your ignorance
    --
    Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

  7. Re: Surefire solution

    Florian Diesch wrote:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >

    >> "Frank" is so utterly stupid, and self-deluded enough to think that the
    >> rubbish (s)he spews into this NG is actually believed by /anyone,/ that
    >> it's fun to play with.

    > It may be fun for you but annoys other people and makes this group
    > unreadable. Please stop it.

    The best way to stop this is to complain to "Franks" ISP
    --
    Hardware, n.:
    The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.

  8. Re: Surefire solution

    Florian Diesch wrote:

    > It may be fun for you but annoys other people and makes this group
    > unreadable. Please stop it.

    After hitting the morons 'round the head for a while, I just killfiled them!

    C.

    --
    Windows - a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

  9. Re: Surefire solution

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > The best way to stop this is to complain to "Franks" ISP

    RoadRunner are notoriously bad at dealing with abuse complaints. That's why
    morons like "Frank" use them.

    C.

    --
    Windows - a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

  10. Re: Surefire solution

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Most "high traffic" sites are run by *nix machines

    That should read "real traffic" sites!

    C.

    --
    Windows - a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

  11. Re: Surefire solution

    "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote:
    > dennis@home schreef:

    .... snip pointless junk ...

    > I like the 23 minutes of thought since your previous post.
    >
    > But at least you found a way to use Google, or in your case
    > maybe MSN Search.
    >
    > But don't take it too seriously, you're a far better kid than
    > this MS chill going by the handle Frank.

    However he insists on wasting bandwidth by carrying on with him.
    Thus he wins the order of the PLONK.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  12. Re: Surefire solution

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > ray wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> Actually, silence does little to disuade them. Particularly in the
    >> case of 'frank' it is entertaining to push him just a little -
    >> usually does not take much and he deteriorates into a whining
    >> little ball of epithets - shows his true colors to the entire world.

    > And in the process you clutter the newsgroup with many of your
    > 'pushes' and franks deteriorations. Just leave him alone and he
    > will eventually die out, for some value of 'eventually'. That
    > way everybody gains.
    >
    > Don't feed the trolls.

    I see the above generated troll answers from Dan C, Frank, and
    dennis@home. All were PLONKED, so they take up no room on my
    system. Don't know what conclusions I should draw from this.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  13. Re: Surefire solution

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:49:49 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > Absolutely true. Since I've joined this new group it always amazes
    > me:"Why people bother answering troll posts?"
    >
    > Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    > post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    > crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".

    Look at the size of this thread.

  14. Re: Surefire solution

    On 2008-02-20, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> The best way to stop this is to complain to "Franks" ISP

    > RoadRunner are notoriously bad at dealing with abuse complaints. That's why
    > morons like "Frank" use them.

    Not exactly. People use them because Time Warner is their cable
    system, and they have no other good options. DSL is painfully slow
    compared to what I get from RR. The only service that would be able
    to beat the speed I am getting is Fios, and it isn't available here
    yet...

    Frank being a troll has nothing to do with RR.

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  15. Re: Surefire solution

    jellybean stonerfish wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:49:49 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >

    >>Absolutely true. Since I've joined this new group it always amazes
    >>me:"Why people bother answering troll posts?"
    >>
    >>Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    >>post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    >>crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".
    >>

    > Look at the size of this thread.

    hehehe...well...just look at the number of idiots here...LOL!
    Frank

  16. Re: Surefire solution

    Joe wrote:
    > On 2008-02-20, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >>Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>

    >>>The best way to stop this is to complain to "Franks" ISP

    >>RoadRunner are notoriously bad at dealing with abuse complaints. That's why
    >>morons like "Frank" use them.

    > Not exactly. People use them because Time Warner is their cable
    > system, and they have no other good options. DSL is painfully slow
    > compared to what I get from RR. The only service that would be able
    > to beat the speed I am getting is Fios, and it isn't available here
    > yet...
    >
    > Frank being a troll has nothing to do with RR.

    I'm amazed at the "brain-trust' exhibited daily in this ng.
    Totally amazed!
    Frank

  17. Re: Surefire solution

    Joe wrote:

    > Frank being a troll has nothing to do with RR.

    Not getting it disconnected is /all/ about RR!

    C.

    --
    Windows - a poor proprietary client for a Unix world.

  18. Re: Surefire solution

    "PeterKöhlmann" wrote in message

    > Smart move. Just a little too late. You should have done that before
    > reveiling your ignorance

    If you think you can win this pissing contest you have started try posting
    something original.
    Otherwise just give up.
    What you post is meaningless drivel and everyone knows that, even your
    chums.
    Why don't you google mplamps and tell us what it is? Preferably in linux
    advocacy and not here.

  19. Re: Surefire solution

    "Christopher Hunter" wrote in message
    newsAPuj.120327$801.115417@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk.. .
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> Frank being a troll has nothing to do with RR.

    > Not getting it disconnected is /all/ about RR!

    If they disconnected people for being a troll *you* wouldn't be here.

    BTW blueyonder do disconnect for abuse so be careful that someone doesn't
    email Alex and have you removed.

    You did read the T&C that forbid you from using BY to annoy others, even in
    groups other than by.*?
    Read them as I would hate for you to end up on dial-up while you wait for
    DSL to be installed, that is a fate I wouldn't wish on my enemy.

  20. Re: Surefire solution

    "jellybean stonerfish" wrote in message
    news:ZLOuj.7004$Ru4.2630@newssvr19.news.prodigy.ne t...
    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:49:49 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:
    >

    >> Absolutely true. Since I've joined this new group it always amazes
    >> me:"Why people bother answering troll posts?"
    >>
    >> Just look at the size of the recent "The true definition of "Linux"
    >> post by some idiot named himself Frank. I just cannot believe this
    >> crap could produce such a lengthy "dispute".
    >>

    > Look at the size of this thread.

    Its not a problem to most users.. just kill the thread in your reader.
    The tools have been there for years to remove users or threads with ease on
    all readers I have used.

    I can't really understand why people contribute to a thread they know is
    going nowhere to complain about it continuing.
    It isn't going to stop Peter and friends lying and I am unlikely to let them
    get away with the slander, so either kill the thread or kill me, Peter and
    the rest. Killing the thread should be enough unless peter and co start
    another one.