Hardy Heron anyone? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Hardy Heron anyone? - Ubuntu ; Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet? -- live or leave, & let live. :-)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Hardy Heron anyone?

  1. Hardy Heron anyone?

    Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?

    --
    live or leave, & let live.
    :-)


  2. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    Yes.

    Holz wrote:
    > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?
    >


  3. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    Am Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:12:37 -0800 schrieb Holz:

    > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?


    Yes.

  4. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:58:11 -0500
    "Justin E. Miller" wrote:

    > Yes.

    I knew I should have been more specific :-)
    How do you like it? is at the stage it is worth looking at, or should I
    wait?
    --
    live or leave, & let live.
    :-)


  5. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    Holz illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?

    ..
    Yes.It's running perfectly here.

    One slight downsaide is that nautilus is struggling wih network
    locations at present. It's not a problem for me though as you can
    get around using smb: and will doubtless be fixed shortly.

    --
    Moog

    "If this is gonna be that kinda party I'm gonna stick my dick in the
    mashed potatoes"

  6. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    Holz a mis l'ide suivante :
    > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?

    No.

    --
    Belgische Ardennen http://users.kbc.skynet.be/fi001005 Ardennes Belge



  7. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    Holz wrote:

    > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?


    I've been running Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha versions (64-bit) for some weeks now.
    Things work OK. A few applications crashes now and then, which are
    automatically reported and thus probably useful.

    I have daily updates. Yesterday Firefox 3 became the default browser and
    Firefox 2 was uninstalled.

    Should you use it? Don't know. Depends on what you're looking for.

    de Kameel


  8. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    de Kameel wrote:

    > Holz wrote:
    >
    >> Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?

    >
    > I've been running Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha versions (64-bit) for some weeks now.
    > Things work OK. A few applications crashes now and then, which are
    > automatically reported and thus probably useful.
    >
    > I have daily updates. Yesterday Firefox 3 became the default browser and
    > Firefox 2 was uninstalled.
    >
    > Should you use it? Don't know. Depends on what you're looking for.
    >
    > de Kameel


    Seeing all the problems Holz seems to have with his stable release, I gotta
    question why s/he is looking to run a beta release at this time. Is this
    some leftover of Windows-think, where there always seems to be a pressing
    need for the "newest and the greatest"? Normally, I'll upgrade an o/s when
    I have a pressing need to do so. Where the newer release offers some fix
    not available in the older release. If the older is running without
    problems, why rush to upgrade?

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

  9. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:16:30 -0800, Holz wrote:

    > On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:58:11 -0500
    > "Justin E. Miller" wrote:
    >
    >> Yes.

    > I knew I should have been more specific :-) How do you like it? is at
    > the stage it is worth looking at, or should I wait?


    Well, it has not been released yet, it's still in beta. There are bound
    to be a few issues.

  10. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    Bernard Mercier wrote:

    > Holz a mis l'ide suivante :
    >> Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?

    > No.
    >


    NO :-)
    --
    Alain Beguin www.alain-beguin.be
    KNode Linux Ubuntu 7.10 Gnome

  11. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    ray vient de nous annoncer :
    > On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:50:53 +0100, Bernard Mercier wrote:


    >> Holz a mis l'ide suivante :
    >>> Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?

    >> No.


    > I'm quite sure that someone has.

    Someone must be first? ;-)

    --
    Belgische Ardennen http://users.kbc.skynet.be/fi001005 Ardennes Belge



  12. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?


    > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?
    >
    > --


    Yes, I've used it for a few weeks. All was well until this week when updates
    stopped Java working, and Firefox 3 arrived and the plugins all went up in
    smoke.

    It's still Alpha, so things are likely to break.

    Not long until April now though



  13. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:19:07 -0000
    "Euclid" wrote:

    >
    > > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?
    > >
    > > --

    >
    > Yes, I've used it for a few weeks. All was well until this week when
    > updates stopped Java working, and Firefox 3 arrived and the plugins
    > all went up in smoke.
    >
    > It's still Alpha, so things are likely to break.
    >
    > Not long until April now though
    >
    >

    Thanks. I guess I will wait with my testing.

    --
    live, or leave & let live.
    :-)


  14. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    ray wrote:
    > Well, it has not been released yet, it's still in beta.


    Nope. Still Alpha. Alpha 4, I believe.

    --
    As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
    glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours;
    and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

  15. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 07:29:15 -0800, NoStop wrote:

    > de Kameel wrote:
    >
    >> Holz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?

    >>
    >> I've been running Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha versions (64-bit) for some weeks
    >> now. Things work OK. A few applications crashes now and then, which are
    >> automatically reported and thus probably useful.
    >>
    >> I have daily updates. Yesterday Firefox 3 became the default browser
    >> and Firefox 2 was uninstalled.
    >>
    >> Should you use it? Don't know. Depends on what you're looking for.
    >>
    >> de Kameel

    >
    > Seeing all the problems Holz seems to have with his stable release, I
    > gotta question why s/he is looking to run a beta release at this time.
    > Is this some leftover of Windows-think, where there always seems to be a
    > pressing need for the "newest and the greatest"? Normally, I'll upgrade
    > an o/s when I have a pressing need to do so. Where the newer release
    > offers some fix not available in the older release. If the older is
    > running without problems, why rush to upgrade?


    Because being on the bleeding edge is fuuuuuunnnn, even if a bit painful
    sometimes...

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  16. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    NoStop wrote:

    >
    > Seeing all the problems Holz seems to have with his stable release, I gotta
    > question why s/he is looking to run a beta release at this time. Is this
    > some leftover of Windows-think, where there always seems to be a pressing
    > need for the "newest and the greatest"? Normally, I'll upgrade an o/s when
    > I have a pressing need to do so. Where the newer release offers some fix
    > not available in the older release. If the older is running without
    > problems, why rush to upgrade?
    >
    > Cheers.
    >


    I see that you blame your worthless piece of **** loser life on MS?
    What's wrong...did you fail their PF16 test? Did they tell you to keep
    trying...come back another time...read some more books...take some more
    classes...and you took it personally?
    Well...obviously your are just a ****ing loser!!!
    Live with it asshole...it is what it is. You're broke, desperate and
    really stupid...LOL!
    Great combo huh?
    That my friend ( you are my friend right?) is called the awful truth.
    You are one big loser.
    So just live with it!
    Frank

    oh, I almost forgot...CHEERS!!!

  17. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 07:29:15 -0800
    NoStop wrote:

    > why rush to upgrade?

    You need some comprehension classes. I said testing. Not on my
    production machine. Never. My post does not mention the word upgrade
    even once.


    --
    live, or leave & let live.
    :-)


  18. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    I tried the beta for 7.10, updated every day, the beta was horrible
    until the final version was released.


    ray wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:16:30 -0800, Holz wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:58:11 -0500
    >> "Justin E. Miller" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes.

    >> I knew I should have been more specific :-) How do you like it? is at
    >> the stage it is worth looking at, or should I wait?

    >
    > Well, it has not been released yet, it's still in beta. There are bound
    > to be a few issues.


  19. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    Holz wrote:
    > Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?
    >

    I just installed it myself. So far, only Thunderbird has given me
    problems. Other than that, I love it. Everything is just slightly faster.
    Jason

  20. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On 2008-02-18, Jason E. Dorfler wrote:
    > Holz wrote:
    >> Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?
    >>

    > I just installed it myself. So far, only Thunderbird has given me
    > problems. Other than that, I love it. Everything is just slightly faster.


    I have had a similar experience having used it since just before alpha
    4. A kernel upgrade broke access to my cd drive, sound is still
    obviously a work in progress but the system works over all. Not bad
    with 2 months to go still.

    Andrew

    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast