Hardy Heron anyone? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Hardy Heron anyone? - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:19:29 +1100 andrew wrote: > On 2008-02-18, Jason E. Dorfler wrote: > > Holz wrote: > >> Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet? > >> > > I just installed it myself. So ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    andrew wrote:

    > On 2008-02-18, Jason E. Dorfler wrote:
    > > Holz wrote:
    > >> Has any one here tried Hardy Heron yet?
    > >>

    > > I just installed it myself. So far, only Thunderbird has given me
    > > problems. Other than that, I love it. Everything is just slightly
    > > faster.

    > I have had a similar experience having used it since just before alpha
    > 4. A kernel upgrade broke access to my cd drive, sound is still
    > obviously a work in progress but the system works over all. Not bad
    > with 2 months to go still.
    >
    > Andrew

    My main concern would be cross over and Cisco VPN client, since I use
    both ont a daily basis. Other then that, I use Open Office, Galeaon and
    Claws.

    --
    live, or leave & let live.
    :-)

  2. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On 2008-02-18, Holz wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:19:29 +1100
    > andrew wrote:

    >> > I just installed it myself. So far, only Thunderbird has given me
    >> > problems. Other than that, I love it. Everything is just slightly
    >> > faster.

    >> I have had a similar experience having used it since just before alpha
    >> 4. A kernel upgrade broke access to my cd drive, sound is still
    >> obviously a work in progress but the system works over all. Not bad
    >> with 2 months to go still.

    > My main concern would be cross over and Cisco VPN client, since I use
    > both ont a daily basis. Other then that, I use Open Office, Galeaon and
    > Claws.

    I should perhaps stress that I am using Hardy Heron on a
    non-production partition so that nothing will be lost if it fails. My
    main work is done on another partition with a stable OS. It would be a
    good idea to wait for a month /after/ release before depending on
    Hardy.

    Andrew

    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

  3. Re: Hardy Heron anyone?

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:42:45 +1100
    andrew wrote:

    > I should perhaps stress that I am using Hardy Heron on a
    > non-production partition so that nothing will be lost if it fails. My
    > main work is done on another partition with a stable OS. It would be a
    > good idea to wait for a month /after/ release before depending on
    > Hardy.
    >
    > Andrew

    Likewise here. Separate machine for testing!

    --
    live, or leave & let live.
    :-)

+ Reply to Thread