You Tube - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on You Tube - Ubuntu ; Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk? Thanks, Alias...

  1. You Tube

    Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?

    Thanks,

    Alias

  2. Re: You Tube

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:52 +0100, Alias
    wrote:

    > Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?

    Try youtube-dl.

    There are also several Firefox plugins for downloading from YouTube
    and other sites..

    --
    PJR :-)

  3. Re: You Tube

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:52 +0100, Alias wrote:

    > Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?

    Go to Tools->Add Ons in firefox and then click on "Get Extensions" and
    look around a bit under the download management section, you'll be able
    to find what you want there.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  4. Re: You Tube

    "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    news:8cWdnXGzVeISCSjanZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:52 +0100, Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?

    > Go to Tools->Add Ons in firefox and then click on "Get Extensions" and
    > look around a bit under the download management section, you'll be able
    > to find what you want there.

    Specifically, you're looking for the 'download helper' extension. Works
    great!

  5. Re: You Tube

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:52 +0100, Alias wrote:

    > Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alias

    Install the Firefox Add-on UnPlug

    --
    Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done
    http://beginnerslinux.org

  6. Re: You Tube

    repo wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:52 +0100, Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Alias

    > Install the Firefox Add-on UnPlug

    Thanks, I got it.

    Alias

  7. Re: You Tube

    Alias schreef:
    > Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alias

    I usually fish them out of the Firefox cache.
    Just rename and give them an extension like .swf and you're done.

  8. Re: You Tube

    Alias writes:

    > Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?

    I personally like clive. It's in the repositories.

  9. Re: You Tube

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:06:33 +0200, "Dogma Discharge" wrote:

    Hey thanks guys, this gives new meaning to the word "slick" !

    >"Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    >news:8cWdnXGzVeISCSjanZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:52 +0100, Alias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?

    >> Go to Tools->Add Ons in firefox and then click on "Get Extensions" and
    >> look around a bit under the download management section, you'll be able
    >> to find what you want there.

    >Specifically, you're looking for the 'download helper' extension. Works
    >great!

  10. Re: You Tube

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu, Alias had the audacity to say that:

    > Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alias

    You can install recordmydesktop. Files are *huge*, but does what you want.

    *R* *H*
    --
    AWAKE! FEAR! FIRE! FOES! AWAKE!
    FEAR! FIRE! FOES!

  11. Re: You Tube

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:06:33 +0200, Dogma Discharge wrote:

    > "Stephan Rose" wrote in message
    > news:8cWdnXGzVeISCSjanZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:52 +0100, Alias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know a program that can copy the videos on You Tube to disk?

    >> Go to Tools->Add Ons in firefox and then click on "Get Extensions" and
    >> look around a bit under the download management section, you'll be able
    >> to find what you want there.

    > Specifically, you're looking for the 'download helper' extension. Works
    > great!

    Works on a shed load of other sites too.

    --
    Some say that Pamela Anderson wouldn't be anybody without her tits.
    That's simply not true, she'd be Paris Hilton

+ Reply to Thread