who have the realplayer or some other good media player for ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on who have the realplayer or some other good media player for ubuntu - Ubuntu ; I got realplayergold10.bin from real.com,but it does not fit ubuntu 7.10.I want to know which player is better than this.Who may give me a link of another realplayer version for ubuntu or other media player.Thanks!...

  1. who have the realplayer or some other good media player for ubuntu

    I got realplayergold10.bin from real.com,but it does not fit ubuntu
    7.10.I want to know which player is better than this.Who may give me a
    link of another realplayer version for ubuntu or other media player.Thanks!

  2. Re: who have the realplayer or some other good media player forubuntu

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:16:02 +0800, someone purporting to be kan3 scrawled
    firmly:

    > I got realplayergold10.bin from real.com,but it does not fit ubuntu
    > 7.10.I want to know which player is better than this.Who may give me a
    > link of another realplayer version for ubuntu or other media player.Thanks!

    What you really mean is that YOU havent got realplayer to run properly.

    Make sure it is executable (in properties/permissions) then open a
    terminal at its location and type ./realplayergold10.bin

    Otherwise i think mplayer or vlc player may play the files - they are both
    in synaptic.

  3. Re: who have the realplayer or some other good media player for ubuntu

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:16:02 +0800, kan3 wrote:

    > I got realplayergold10.bin from real.com,but it does not fit ubuntu
    > 7.10.I want to know which player is better than this.Who may give me a
    > link of another realplayer version for ubuntu or other media player.Thanks!

    MPlayer Firefox Plug-in should play a lot of RealMedia, unfortunately
    IME not all.

    What did you mean by doesn't fit?

    --
    Some say that Pamela Anderson wouldn't be anybody without her tits.
    That's simply not true, she'd be Paris Hilton

  4. Re: who have the realplayer or some other good media player for ubuntu

    In article , kan3 wrote:
    >I got realplayergold10.bin from real.com,but it does not fit ubuntu
    >7.10.I want to know which player is better than this.Who may give me a
    >link of another realplayer version for ubuntu or other media player.Thanks!

    There is a very comprehensive treatment of getting multimedia to Just Plain
    Work here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=661833

    It started out as a guide to streaming media, but a lot of effort went
    into Realplayer. I suggest following the directions from the beginning,
    though, as a lot of it involves UNinstalling things that are installed
    by default, and replacing versions of things that don't work right.
    I followed these directions, and I can stream and play things that didn't
    work under Windows.

    --
    Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
    pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the

+ Reply to Thread