KDE problems with accents - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on KDE problems with accents - Ubuntu ; I am unable to use accents in KDE and JAVA apps. When i try to write () i get (a). When i try to write () i get (`a). Characters like () and () work correctly. I've tried several combinations ...

  1. KDE problems with accents

    I am unable to use accents in KDE and JAVA apps.

    When i try to write () i get (a). When i try to write () i get (`a).
    Characters like () and () work correctly.

    I've tried several combinations in the Keyboard distribition section of
    Preferences (104-105 keyboards, deadkeys, nodeadkeys, etc...) without
    success.

    Accents work OK in apps such as Thunderbird and Firefox. And in all
    Gnome applications (i installed ubuntu-desktop, but i can't spend more
    that 2 minutes running gnome -personal bias-).

    In text consoles (ctrl-alt-f1..fn) and xterm also work correctly, but in
    konsole or yakuake they are not showing up.

    alex.

  2. Re: KDE problems with accents [FIXED]

    En/na alex ha escrit:

    > When i try to write () i get (a). When i try to write () i get (`a).
    > Characters like () and () work correctly.

    I edited /etc/default/locale and replaced:

    LANG="ca_ES.UTF-8@valencia"

    with:

    LANG="ca_ES.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL="ca_ES.UTF-8"

    But, I don't know if it was "valencia" or the missing LC_ALL variable
    which messed up my KDE.

  3. Re: KDE problems with accents

    alex wrote:

    > I am unable to use accents in KDE and JAVA apps.
    >
    > When i try to write (á) i get (a). When i try to write (*) i get (`a).
    > Characters like (ñ) and (ç) work correctly.
    >
    > I've tried several combinations in the Keyboard distribition section of
    > Preferences (104-105 keyboards, deadkeys, nodeadkeys, etc...) without
    > success.
    >
    > Accents work OK in apps such as Thunderbird and Firefox. And in all
    > Gnome applications (i installed ubuntu-desktop, but i can't spend more
    > that 2 minutes running gnome -personal bias-).
    >
    > In text consoles (ctrl-alt-f1..fn) and xterm also work correctly, but in
    > konsole or yakuake they are not showing up.
    >
    > alex.

    Try editing the layout in Kcontrol, i had the same problem (xorg.conf
    conflicted with KDE settings) just go to keyboard and pick your layout
    --
    «El demonio ha puesto un castigo sobre todas las cosas de la vida con las
    que disfrutamos. O son malas para la salud, o son malas para el alma, o nos

+ Reply to Thread