install Ubuntu into NTFS partition? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on install Ubuntu into NTFS partition? - Ubuntu ; On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:52:59 -0600, Joe wrote: >On 2008-02-15, John Bean wrote: >> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:33:12 -0800, "Timothy Daniels" >> wrote: >>>I'm now a student, not an >>>employed programmer. >> >> Ah, that explains everything. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 122 of 122

  1. Re: Timothy Daniels Takes A Pay Cut

    wrote:

    >On 2008-02-15, John Bean wrote:
    >> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:33:12 -0800, "Timothy Daniels"
    >> wrote:
    >>>I'm now a student, not an
    >>>employed programmer.

    >> Ah, that explains everything.
    >>

    >Not at all. When I was a student, I felt very compelled to do the
    >work myself to understand what was going on, rather than try to find
    >someone to hold my hand through simple tasks. If this doof gets out
    >of school with any kind of degree, that university should have it's
    >funding revoked.

    Unviversity? I hadn't even considered that, I mentally
    interpreted "student" as "schoolboy"... although here in the
    UK it's being suggested that even certain fast-food
    "restaurants" should be allowed to offer their own
    "academic" qualifications, perhaps they already do in other
    places.

    "I'd like a Ubuntu with virtual Vista please"

    "You want fries with that?"

    --
    John Bean

  2. Re: install Ubuntu into NTFS partition?

    * Joe wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > On 2008-02-15, SINNER wrote:
    >> * Joe wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>
    >>> Sure, but VMWare server is free, and much more flexible than vmware
    >>> player, so why wouldn't you use it instead?

    >> Smaller install? I dont need the complexity of server personally.
    >>

    > Fair enough. I don't find server all that complex, but I can
    > understand not needing the flexibility and liking the smaller
    > footprint. Of course, with disk space as cheap as it is now, I am
    > finding it harder and harder to come close to filling anything up. I
    > keep buying new disks just because they are on good sales (500G for
    > $95? Just friggin crazy), and now I have a couple TB of free space
    > between a couple PC's, and some NAS/SAN equipment...
    >
    > But I should assume that not everyone is so easily pushed into these
    > sales... ;-)

    I just picked up 2 320 gig drives for $60 each at fryes, so yes, I am a
    sucker for a sale also

    --
    David

+ Reply to Thread