uninstall avg antivirus for linux - problem! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on uninstall avg antivirus for linux - problem! - Ubuntu ; On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:42:19 +0100, Vitorio Okio wrote: > On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:42:55 +0000, Dragomir Kollaric wrote: > [...] > > this way i personally feel myself much safer. :-) I fully understand! Thanks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: uninstall avg antivirus for linux - problem!

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:42:19 +0100, Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:42:55 +0000, Dragomir Kollaric wrote:

    [...]
    > this way i personally feel myself much safer. :-)

    I fully understand! Thanks

  2. Re: uninstall avg antivirus for linux - problem!

    On 2008-02-14, Joe hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > On 2008-02-13, Dragomir Kollaric wrote:
    >> would have done it. Unless you run the route "./configure;
    >> make; make install" i.e. it was a manual install...
    >>
    >> But "make uninstall" too could sometimes remove a package,
    >> and (haven't done so myself so I'm not certain) in the end
    >> only the last directory where one run "make uninstall" would
    >> remain, and needs to be removed manually...

    > In this case, rather than 'make install', use checkinstall. It will
    > install the files and create a .deb file for you for future installs,
    > and allows synaptic to uninstall the app when you don't want it
    > anymore.

    Yeah, didn't use it that often myself when I used Debian proper.
    Thanks for the reminder, and yes for the few applications that I
    have to go the old-fashioned way, I'll use it.

    Dragomir Kollaric

  3. Re: uninstall avg antivirus for linux - problem!

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:42:19 +0100 (CET),
    Vitorio Okio wrote:
    [snip]

    > one file at a time. or if i want to remove an entire directory with all
    > it's content:
    >
    > sudo rm -vr /path/to/file/file_name
    >
    > this way i personally feel myself much safer. :-)

    If you want safer, use:

    sudo rm -ivr /path/to/file/file_name

    The 'i' will prompt you for each file, the 'v' may be slightly
    redundant at this point.

    Michael C.
    --
    mjchappell@verizon.net http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

    "I can not bring myself to believe that if knowledge presents danger,
    the solution is ignorance" - Isaac Asimov

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2