Disc manager - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Disc manager - Ubuntu ; Is there a Disc management program like the one in windows for Linux? Where you can see your partitions, delete partitions, format drives, etc. If its in Ubuntu 7.10 they must call it something else. I have clicked every tab ...

  1. Disc manager

    Is there a Disc management program like the one in windows for Linux?
    Where you can see your partitions, delete partitions, format drives,
    etc. If its in Ubuntu 7.10 they must call it something else. I have
    clicked every tab in the system menus trying to find it. I did find disc
    usage program but I don't think that's it. I realize there is probably
    some script you can type in and it will do everything, but I'm not that
    advanced yet.
    Thanks for any information.

  2. Re: Disc manager

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:10:31 -0800, Bman wrote:

    > Is there a Disc management program like the one in windows for Linux?
    > Where you can see your partitions, delete partitions, format drives,
    > etc. If its in Ubuntu 7.10 they must call it something else. I have
    > clicked every tab in the system menus trying to find it. I did find disc
    > usage program but I don't think that's it. I realize there is probably
    > some script you can type in and it will do everything, but I'm not that
    > advanced yet.
    > Thanks for any information.

    cfdisk

  3. Re: Disc manager

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:10:31 -0800, Bman wrote:

    > Is there a Disc management program like the one in windows for Linux?
    > Where you can see your partitions, delete partitions, format drives,

    Gparted when you install it look for it under System | Administration |
    Partition Editor.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  4. Re: Disc manager

    Bman wrote:
    > Is there a Disc management program like the one in windows for Linux?
    > Where you can see your partitions, delete partitions, format drives,
    > etc. If its in Ubuntu 7.10 they must call it something else. I have
    > clicked every tab in the system menus trying to find it. I did find disc
    > usage program but I don't think that's it. I realize there is probably
    > some script you can type in and it will do everything, but I'm not that
    > advanced yet.
    > Thanks for any information.

    There is a disk management utility in ubuntu however you have to
    installit after the fact. Systme> Administration>> Synapticpakage
    manager >> search gparted which is the same partition editor you use
    when you partition the disk in the installation wizard on the Live
    CD/DVD. Do a serrch and installthe package iether through apt-get
    install -y gparted or synaptic search gparted.

  5. Re: Disc manager

    Bman wrote:

    > Is there a Disc management program like the one in windows for Linux?
    > Where you can see your partitions, delete partitions, format drives,
    > etc. If its in Ubuntu 7.10 they must call it something else. I have
    > clicked every tab in the system menus trying to find it. I did find disc
    > usage program but I don't think that's it. I realize there is probably
    > some script you can type in and it will do everything, but I'm not that
    > advanced yet.
    > Thanks for any information.

    sudo apt-get install gparted

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

  6. Re: Disc manager

    Bman wrote:

    > Is there a Disc management program like the one in windows for Linux?
    > Where you can see your partitions, delete partitions, format drives,
    > etc. If its in Ubuntu 7.10 they must call it something else. I have
    > clicked every tab in the system menus trying to find it. I did find disc
    > usage program but I don't think that's it. I realize there is probably
    > some script you can type in and it will do everything, but I'm not that
    > advanced yet.
    > Thanks for any information.

    If you use Kubuntu or KDE in general, qtparted is the way to go, it has
    worked pretty nice for me

    --
    "El hombre que nada tiene aún puede tener fe" - Warhammer

+ Reply to Thread