keyboard setting borked - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on keyboard setting borked - Ubuntu ; I got a second LCD display yesterday and was playing with dual monitors, twinview etc using nvidia-settings. Somehow I seem to have borked my keyboard settings in xorg.conf as it's gone all American on me is there a quick and ...

  1. keyboard setting borked

    I got a second LCD display yesterday and was playing with dual monitors,
    twinview etc using nvidia-settings.

    Somehow I seem to have borked my keyboard settings in xorg.conf as it's
    gone all American on me

    is there a quick and easy way of resetting it to UK layout? preferably a
    GUI way?

  2. Re: keyboard setting borked

    Derek Turner wrote:

    > I got a second LCD display yesterday and was playing with dual monitors,
    > twinview etc using nvidia-settings.
    >
    > Somehow I seem to have borked my keyboard settings in xorg.conf as it's
    > gone all American on me

    What is it now thinking of invading more third world countries?

    > is there a quick and easy way of resetting it to UK layout? preferably a
    > GUI way?

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

  3. Re: keyboard setting borked

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:46:27 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:
    > Somehow I seem to have borked my keyboard settings in xorg.conf as it's
    > gone all American on me
    >
    > is there a quick and easy way of resetting it to UK layout? preferably a
    > GUI way?

    System - Preferences - Keyboard - Layouts - UK

    --
    Eric

  4. Re: keyboard setting borked

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:46:27 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:

    > I got a second LCD display yesterday and was playing with dual monitors,
    > twinview etc using nvidia-settings.
    >
    > Somehow I seem to have borked my keyboard settings in xorg.conf as it's
    > gone all American on me
    >
    > is there a quick and easy way of resetting it to UK layout? preferably a
    > GUI way?

    Ubuntu control panel, regional and accessibility, keyboard layout?

  5. Re: keyboard setting borked

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:46:27 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:
    >
    >> I got a second LCD display yesterday and was playing with dual monitors,
    >> twinview etc using nvidia-settings.
    >>
    >> Somehow I seem to have borked my keyboard settings in xorg.conf as it's
    >> gone all American on me
    >>
    >> is there a quick and easy way of resetting it to UK layout? preferably a
    >> GUI way?

    > Ubuntu control panel, regional and accessibility, keyboard layout?

    Well, I'm using the mint front end to control panel, but no that would
    not work. Had to add the UK layout but then couldn't select it. sudo
    gnome-keyboard-settings allowed me to add and select so obviously a
    permissions thing. Next start of X it complained that X said 'us' and
    gnome said 'gb'. ctrl-alt-F1, sudo nano xorg.conf, sudo shutdown -r now
    and we're back to being British.

    Odd. Not sure how I borked it but I've learned how to fix it!

+ Reply to Thread