Oxford at it again. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Oxford at it again. - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:16:10 -0700, O x f o r d wrote: > Here are wonderful "Video Based" headstarts to get you up and coding on > OSX in just a few hours.(snip) > Oxford again shows he ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Oxford at it again.

  1. Oxford at it again.

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:16:10 -0700, O x f o r d wrote:

    > Here are wonderful "Video Based" headstarts to get you up and coding on
    > OSX in just a few hours.(snip)
    >

    Oxford again shows he like to irritate people.



    --
    Rick

  2. Oxford: stop trolling.

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:00:50 -0700, O x f o r d wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >

    .... nothing worth reading.



    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Code for OSX Leopard - Coding Headstarts!

    Rick wrote:

    > ... nothing worth reading.


    ah, but there is PLENTY worth watching...

    http://developer.apple.com/codingheadstarts/index.html

    Rick, give it up, if I want to help Linux people, there is nothing you
    can do about it...

    You are just noise...

    ---

  4. Re: Oxford: stop trolling.

    Rick wrote:
    > O x f o r d wrote:


    > ... nothing worth reading.


    Rather than post negative remarks from you to an entire group
    about/against a particular individual, it would be more efficient to...

    - killfile the individual, so that you see nothing they post (and don't
    post negatively)
    - ignore the individual, as a part of your training to mentally filter
    (and don't post negatively)
    - do neither, but spare the group your remarks against the individual
    (and don't post negatively)

    Some people may only see your negative remarks because they have already
    kf/ed the persona you are bothering to badmouth.

    --
    Mike Easter


  5. Re: Oxford: stop trolling.

    "Mike Easter" wrote:

    > > ... nothing worth reading.

    >
    > Rather than post negative remarks from you to an entire group
    > about/against a particular individual, it would be more efficient to...
    >
    > - killfile the individual, so that you see nothing they post (and don't
    > post negatively)
    > - ignore the individual, as a part of your training to mentally filter
    > (and don't post negatively)
    > - do neither, but spare the group your remarks against the individual
    > (and don't post negatively)
    >
    > Some people may only see your negative remarks because they have already
    > kf/ed the persona you are bothering to badmouth.


    Rick hates anything that helps the UNIX cause, so just ignore him.

    -

  6. Re: Oxford: stop trolling.

    O x f o r d wrote:
    > "Mike Easter" wrote:
    >
    >>> ... nothing worth reading.

    >> Rather than post negative remarks from you to an entire group
    >> about/against a particular individual, it would be more efficient to...
    >>
    >> - killfile the individual, so that you see nothing they post (and don't
    >> post negatively)
    >> - ignore the individual, as a part of your training to mentally filter
    >> (and don't post negatively)
    >> - do neither, but spare the group your remarks against the individual
    >> (and don't post negatively)
    >>
    >> Some people may only see your negative remarks because they have already
    >> kf/ed the persona you are bothering to badmouth.

    >
    > Rick hates anything that helps the UNIX cause, so just ignore him.
    >
    > -

    If rick hate pro opnesoucre users than why in the hell is he allowed to
    newsgroup whore.

  7. Re: Oxford: stop trolling.

    O x f o r d wrote:

    > Rick hates anything that helps the UNIX cause, so just ignore him.


    You simply don't understand UNIX or programming. The Mach kernel (inside
    OSX) is BSD based. BSD is an even /less/ UNIX compatible OS flavour. It's
    an irrelevancy, and not used by serious computer users.

    Programming for OSX is much like programming for Windows. The prospect
    programmer is given little pieces of the API and is meant to hang their
    application on that. Apple simply /don't/ release enough details for a
    third party programmer to actually write anything /really/ useful. It's
    partly why Apple third party applications are as bad as Windows ones.

    C.


  8. Re: Code for OSX Leopard - Coding Headstarts!

    O x f o r d wrote:

    > if I want to help Linux people,


    You don't. You just blather on about some irrelevant operating system that
    has /nothing/ to do with Linux.

    OSX is bloated, slow and insecure compared to /proper/ POSIX compatible
    Linux. OSX is not /quite/ as bad as Windows Vista, but it's getting
    close...

    C.

  9. Oxford contiues trolling.

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:36:48 -0700, O x f o r d wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> ... nothing worth reading.

    >
    > ah, but there is PLENTY worth watching...
    >
    > http://developer.apple.com/codingheadstarts/index.html
    >
    > Rick, give it up, if I want to help Linux people, there is nothing you
    > can do about it...


    Let us know when you start helping.

    >
    > You are just noise...
    >

    You are just someone that likes pissing people off.





    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread