Using Kubuntu and well happy! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Using Kubuntu and well happy! - Ubuntu ; Hi all, Kubuntu 7.10 Had been using Opensuse 10.1 - 10.3 since Nov 2006 Installed Kubuntu last week and have been using it since. Seems to take up less footprint than Opensuse and I've all the same apps. Well done ...

  1. Using Kubuntu and well happy!

    Hi all,

    Kubuntu 7.10

    Had been using Opensuse 10.1 - 10.3 since Nov 2006

    Installed Kubuntu last week and have been using it since.

    Seems to take up less footprint than Opensuse and I've all the same apps.

    Well done Canonical!

    I've a mate who was throwing out a Pentium 1.5ghz with 256mb ram PC as
    he thought it was 'told old' to run Windows.

    He only uses if for net access so he's decided to keep it after seeing
    my Kubuntu install and we'll have another happy customer this coming Sat.

    toe

    http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

  2. Re: Using Kubuntu and well happy!

    On 2008-01-30, toedipper wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Kubuntu 7.10
    >
    > Had been using Opensuse 10.1 - 10.3 since Nov 2006
    >
    > Installed Kubuntu last week and have been using it since.
    >
    > Seems to take up less footprint than Opensuse and I've all the same apps.
    >
    > Well done Canonical!
    >
    > I've a mate who was throwing out a Pentium 1.5ghz with 256mb ram PC as
    > he thought it was 'told old' to run Windows.
    >
    > He only uses if for net access so he's decided to keep it after seeing
    > my Kubuntu install and we'll have another happy customer this coming Sat.

    I just wish they'd get flash working again in Konqueror. I downloaded
    a previous version's tarball this morning and am going to have to
    manually install that because the version in the repos is incompatible
    with Konqueror.

    I don't like breaking away from the repos.

    --
    -Toby