now what - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on now what - Ubuntu ; I got wine installed using the apt-get install. Everything looks ok. at least I have something called wine as an app. after installing wine, I placed the dreamweaver disk in my cd. I then went to a terminal window and ...

  1. now what

    I got wine installed using the apt-get install. Everything looks ok.
    at least I have something called wine as an app.
    after installing wine, I placed the dreamweaver disk in my cd.
    I then went to a terminal window and typed in 'wine dreamweaver-en.exe.
    got the following 'could not locate
    c:\\windows\\system32\dreamweaver-en.exe: module not found'

    what do I do now.

  2. Re: now what

    * frank wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > I got wine installed using the apt-get install. Everything looks ok.
    > at least I have something called wine as an app.
    > after installing wine, I placed the dreamweaver disk in my cd.
    > I then went to a terminal window and typed in 'wine dreamweaver-en.exe.
    > got the following 'could not locate
    > c:\\windows\\system32\dreamweaver-en.exe: module not found'
    >
    > what do I do now.

    You need to type the path to that exe on the CD.

    wine /mnt/cdrom/...

    or wherever you find dreamweaver-en.exe

    --
    David

  3. Re: now what

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:53:42 -0600, frank wrote:

    > I got wine installed using the apt-get install. Everything looks ok. at
    > least I have something called wine as an app. after installing wine, I
    > placed the dreamweaver disk in my cd. I then went to a terminal window
    > and typed in 'wine dreamweaver-en.exe. got the following 'could not
    > locate
    > c:\\windows\\system32\dreamweaver-en.exe: module not found'
    >
    > what do I do now.

    Quit with the wine. You want to use Windows apps, use Windows. Use
    Ubuntu apps with Ubuntu.

    --

    "We are operating on many levels here." - Ken Kesey

  4. Re: now what

    frank wrote:

    > I got wine installed using the apt-get install. Everything looks ok.
    > at least I have something called wine as an app.
    > after installing wine, I placed the dreamweaver disk in my cd.
    > I then went to a terminal window and typed in 'wine dreamweaver-en.exe.
    > got the following 'could not locate
    > c:\\windows\\system32\dreamweaver-en.exe: module not found'
    >
    > what do I do now.

    is the version that you have DreamweaverMX/8 ?
    "wine /correct_path_to/INSTALL_dreamweaver.exe"
    http://www.frankscorner.org/index.php?p=dreamweavermx

    also you can use crossover (not free)
    http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice/
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  5. Re: now what

    > Quit with the wine. You want to use Windows apps, use Windows. Use
    > Ubuntu apps with Ubuntu.

    Helpful - not...

  6. Re: now what

    In article , SINNER wrote:
    >* frank wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> I got wine installed using the apt-get install. Everything looks ok.
    >> at least I have something called wine as an app.
    >> after installing wine, I placed the dreamweaver disk in my cd.
    >> I then went to a terminal window and typed in 'wine dreamweaver-en.exe.
    >> got the following 'could not locate
    >> c:\\windows\\system32\dreamweaver-en.exe: module not found'
    >>
    >> what do I do now.
    >>

    >You need to type the path to that exe on the CD.
    >
    >wine /mnt/cdrom/...
    >
    >or wherever you find dreamweaver-en.exe

    ... and there is a wine specific news group too ...
    comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine

    HTH

+ Reply to Thread