digital speakers play in xp but not ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on digital speakers play in xp but not ubuntu - Ubuntu ; Dual booting Ubuntu and XP, I find that I can select digital output, and my Sound Blaster Audigy Live card has a connector for digital output, so I can play thru them in xp, but my install off the Live ...

  1. digital speakers play in xp but not ubuntu

    Dual booting Ubuntu and XP, I find that I can select digital output, and my
    Sound Blaster Audigy Live card has a connector for digital output, so I can
    play thru them in xp, but my install off the Live Ubuntu CD only will play
    sound thru a pair of analog speakers, but not my digital. I'm a newbie to
    linux, so is this an easy one, and if so please advise. thanks

    Al

  2. Re: digital speakers play in xp but not ubuntu

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:05:46 -0500, Botteon wrote:

    > Dual booting Ubuntu and XP, I find that I can select digital output, and
    > my Sound Blaster Audigy Live card has a connector for digital output, so
    > I can play thru them in xp, but my install off the Live Ubuntu CD only
    > will play sound thru a pair of analog speakers, but not my digital. I'm
    > a newbie to linux, so is this an easy one, and if so please advise.
    > thanks
    >
    > Al

    Try using alsamixer to control the outputs of your Sound Blaster card.

  3. Re: digital speakers play in xp but not ubuntu

    "General Schvantzkopf" wrote in message
    news:MsydnWXKNKRGFD3anZ2dnUVZ_gKdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:05:46 -0500, Botteon wrote:
    >
    >> Dual booting Ubuntu and XP, I find that I can select digital output, and
    >> my Sound Blaster Audigy Live card has a connector for digital output, so
    >> I can play thru them in xp, but my install off the Live Ubuntu CD only
    >> will play sound thru a pair of analog speakers, but not my digital. I'm
    >> a newbie to linux, so is this an easy one, and if so please advise.
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> Al

    > Try using alsamixer to control the outputs of your Sound Blaster card.

    Holy Cow, I actually found it in a search in my Ubuntu Add/Remove Programs,
    installed it, and after some fiddling, my Boston Digitals are blasting my
    cellar! Thanks so much for the help!

+ Reply to Thread