Ubuntu is a worhtless POS... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu is a worhtless POS... - Ubuntu ; ray wrote: > On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:19:02 -0800, Frank wrote: > > >>ray wrote: >> >>>>That is one thing you're obviously good for...spell >>>>checker...thanks...but I'm sure I'm never misunderstood. >>> >>> >>>Evidently you are! You went to great ...

  1. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    ray wrote:

    >>>Evidently you are! You went to great lengths to explain that when you
    >>>said "your ng" you really did not mean that it belonged to you.

    >>Grow up ray, you're starting to sound like a little ol'lady. Frank

    > I guess it would "take one to know one".

    Hahaha...so you're really stupidly childish, huh?
    Well...thanks for the heads up...LOL!
    Frank

  2. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    CBFalconer writes:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >> Wank the Village Idiot wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not according to your financial statement you posted. You're broke!

    >> Where, dickhead? /My/ financial statements are /my/ business, but
    >> I'll tell you one thing - my *net* income last year was seven
    >> digits, and that's real Pounds, not your collapsing dollar.

    > Your previous answer to (PLONKED here) frank was quite effective.
    > Continuing the nonsense is non-productive. And please don't make
    > such silly alterations to attribution lines.
    >
    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]:
    > Try the download section.

    Please stop telling people how to post until you learn how to do it
    yourself.

    ,----
    `----

  3. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Wank the fool wrote:

    > Obviously, you've never been to America.

    Just got back - for the second time this year. Unfortunately, I have to go
    there about eight times a year. Luckily, I won't have to go there anymore
    soon - the economy is collapsing as oil prices rise - the USA will join the
    rest of the third world in a few years, and there'll be little left for me
    to deal with...

    C.

  4. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Wank the fool wrote:
    >

    >>Obviously, you've never been to America.

    > Just got back - for the second time this year. Unfortunately, I have to go
    > there about eight times a year. Luckily, I won't have to go there anymore
    > soon - the economy is collapsing as oil prices rise - the USA will join the
    > rest of the third world in a few years, and there'll be little left for me
    > to deal with...
    >
    > C.

    So in addition to be a self absorbed asshole you're also a big mouth
    American hating bigot.
    How wonderful!
    Frank

  5. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:46:26 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > So in addition to be a self absorbed asshole you're also a big mouth
    > American hating bigot.

    Are you a typical american?

  6. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Mark South wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:46:26 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> So in addition to be a self absorbed asshole you're also a big mouth
    >> American hating bigot.

    > Are you a typical american?

    Thankfully, no.

    Frank is a typical jerk and his nationality has nothing to do with it.

    Alias, an American born in the USA but living in Spain.

  7. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Mark South wrote:

    > On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:46:26 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>So in addition to be a self absorbed asshole you're also a big mouth
    >>American hating bigot.

    > Are you a typical american?

    Define typical?
    Frank

  8. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Alias wrote:

    > Mark South wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:46:26 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>> So in addition to be a self absorbed asshole you're also a big mouth
    >>> American hating bigot.

    >> Are you a typical american?

    > Thankfully, no.

    Define typical?

    > Frank is a typical jerk and his nationality has nothing to do with it.

    Oh is the wittle lying linux troll got his wittle panties all in a bunch?

    > Alias, an American born in the USA but living in Spain.

    hehehe...well, we all know how much you love America (NOT!) don't we mr
    liar, mr troll.
    Frank

  9. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Frank wrote:

    > So you are an American hater!

    No I'm not.

    > I knew it! You're not at all good at hiding it.

    You're wrong about that, just like /everything/ else.

    > I also detest your lies and distortions concerning MS and Vista and
    > America.

    *Nothing* that I have written has been inaccurate or incorrect.

    > You're an ugly European...oh sorry...ugly Brit.

    I'm /not/ ugly, and I'm /not/ a "Brit", though I am a European.

    > You are an MS hating, American hating bigot aren't you?

    No. I don't like MS - they've lied, stolen and cheated. Their business
    methods are obscene and (in /every/ territory except the USA) illegal. MS
    have *never* realeased a product that worked - even back in the 70s when
    Bill stole the Basic he sold as "Microsoft Basic" for the Altair.

    I don't like what the USA has become. It /was/ the greatest country in the
    world, but it lost its pre-eminence when successive governments screwed up
    the country. The collapsing dollar, the race riots, the murder rate, the
    drug addiction, and the high prices are all symptomatic of the malaise that
    has been destroying the USA. The Arabs that /really/ "hate" the USA are
    laughing at you - they don't need to attack you - they can just watch you
    crumble without any outside intervention.

    > Just consider the proportion of the country that is /only/
    >> served by road transport, and that transport is increasing in cost
    >> /daily!/

    > You haven't spent much time in America have you?

    Probably as much as you.

    > And all you know are ex-patriots who also share your distorted, hateful
    > ignorant views.

    Again, you're /entirely/ wrong. The only really intelligent Americans are
    expatriot ones - they've left the dross like you behind. They also have a
    greater patriotism and love of the USA than you do, but can't bear to see
    the mess it has become, and want to educate their children properly. Any
    country that can elect a certifiable moron as president *twice* deserves
    all it gets.

    >> The $100 barrel of oil is /great/ for the rest of the world, but
    >> completely ****s the USA.

    > Suggest you take your crystal ball back to where you bought it and get a
    > refund. If you think America is "****ed", then you're even dumber than
    > originally thought.

    The USA is finished - it just hasn't stopped twitching yet.

    C.

  10. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Wank the fool wrote:
    >
    >> Obviously, you've never been to America.

    > Just got back - for the second time this year. Unfortunately, I have to go
    > there about eight times a year. Luckily, I won't have to go there anymore
    > soon - the economy is collapsing as oil prices rise - the USA will join the
    > rest of the third world in a few years, and there'll be little left for me
    > to deal with...
    >
    > C.

    When America stops using that expensive oil and switches to an all
    electric economy (using Linux) We will have beaten the MicroSoft and
    Muslim fanatics once and for all.

    After 25+ years in IT, and yes as a WIndows System Administrator, my
    home computers all run Linux (Ubuntu desktop here) and I don't miss a
    thing except the daily must reboots and the expenses of supporting an OS
    that after 25 years is still not stable enough to be truly reliable.

    I cannot understand why all of you Linux users would wate your energy
    and time trying to convince someone why Linux is better than Vista (or
    any other flavor of Windows) when the proof is in the OS itself.

    FM
    Quantum Mechanics R & D

    Yes Virgina, their is life after Windows dies

  11. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    "FM - No static at all" wrote in message

    I don't miss a
    > thing except the daily must reboots and the expenses of supporting an OS
    > that after 25 years is still not stable enough to be truly reliable.

    Weren't a very good system admin were you?

  12. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    "FM - No static at all" wrote in message

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >> Wank the fool wrote:
    >>
    >>> Obviously, you've never been to America.

    >> Just got back - for the second time this year. Unfortunately, I have to
    >> go
    >> there about eight times a year. Luckily, I won't have to go there
    >> anymore
    >> soon - the economy is collapsing as oil prices rise - the USA will join
    >> the
    >> rest of the third world in a few years, and there'll be little left for
    >> me
    >> to deal with...
    >>
    >> C.

    > When America stops using that expensive oil and switches to an all
    > electric economy (using Linux) We will have beaten the MicroSoft and
    > Muslim fanatics once and for all.
    >
    > After 25+ years in IT, and yes as a WIndows System Administrator, my home
    > computers all run Linux (Ubuntu desktop here) and I don't miss a thing
    > except the daily must reboots and the expenses of supporting an OS that
    > after 25 years is still not stable enough to be truly reliable.

    If you have to reboot your windows systems that frequently you must be a
    cr@p administrator.

    > I cannot understand why all of you Linux users would wate your energy and
    > time trying to convince someone why Linux is better than Vista (or any
    > other flavor of Windows) when the proof is in the OS itself.

    The OS doesn't matter its the applications that people actually run.
    As an admin I would have thought you would have known that.
    Are you still an admin or have you been found out?

  13. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    "stfu" wrote in message
    news:cS3rj.136592$rl3.57318@fe02.news.easynews.com ...

    > "FM - No static at all" wrote in message
    >>

    > I don't miss a
    >> thing except the daily must reboots and the expenses of supporting an OS
    >> that after 25 years is still not stable enough to be truly reliable.
    >>

    > Weren't a very good system admin were you?

    If I had to reboot this Vista machine more than once a month I would be
    worried.

    If I were admin I would fix the problem.
    However in these days of "global warming" it might be better to turn the
    machines off at night anyway.

  14. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    FM - No static at all wrote:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >> Wank the fool wrote:
    >>
    >>> Obviously, you've never been to America.

    >> Just got back - for the second time this year. Unfortunately, I have
    >> to go
    >> there about eight times a year. Luckily, I won't have to go there
    >> anymore
    >> soon - the economy is collapsing as oil prices rise - the USA will
    >> join the
    >> rest of the third world in a few years, and there'll be little left
    >> for me
    >> to deal with...
    >>
    >> C.

    > When America stops using that expensive oil and switches to an all
    > electric economy (using Linux) We will have beaten the MicroSoft and

    How can I get Linux to power my washer?

    > Muslim fanatics once and for all.
    >
    > After 25+ years in IT, and yes as a WIndows System Administrator, my
    > home computers all run Linux (Ubuntu desktop here) and I don't miss a
    > thing except the daily must reboots and the expenses of supporting an OS
    > that after 25 years is still not stable enough to be truly reliable.
    >
    > I cannot understand why all of you Linux users would wate your energy
    > and time trying to convince someone why Linux is better than Vista (or
    > any other flavor of Windows) when the proof is in the OS itself.
    >
    > FM
    > Quantum Mechanics R & D
    >
    > Yes Virgina, their is life after Windows dies

  15. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Jim
    mailto: j.g.edmondson at att dot net

    > Wank the fool wrote:
    >
    >> Obviously, you've never been to America.
    >>

    > Just got back - for the second time this year. Unfortunately, I have
    > to go there about eight times a year. Luckily, I won't have to go
    > there anymore soon - the economy is collapsing as oil prices rise -
    > the USA will join the rest of the third world in a few years, and
    > there'll be little left for me to deal with...
    >
    > C.

    economic cycles ebb and flow ..., always have, always will

    in reality, Europe is joining the third world by assimilation - low birthrates
    and high immmigration rates equal the end of the culture as you know it

    call US when you wake up to your new reality

  16. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Jim Edmondson wrote:

    > economic cycles ebb and flow ..., always have, always will

    Not this time 'round. The US economy is /entirely/ predicated on cheap
    fuel. /There/ /is/ /no/ /more/ /cheap/ /fuel!/ When you wake up to that
    fact, it'll be too late. It probably already /is/ too late.

    > in reality, Europe is joining the third world by assimilation - low
    > birthrates and high immmigration rates equal the end of the culture as you
    > know it

    *Wrong!* There is *no* immigration where I choose to live (as there isn't
    in most of Europe). There's also nothing wrong with the birth rate here,
    either. We're /very/ comfortable with our standard of living, and have
    made /proper/ provision for the end of oil.

    > call US when you wake up to your new reality

    We won't be able to - your phones won't work!

    C.

  17. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    dennis@home wrote:

    > If I had to reboot this Vista machine more than once a month I would be
    > worried.

    You obviously got the special "friend of Bill" version of Vista - everybody
    else has that crap crash at least once a day.

    > If I were admin I would fix the problem.

    You can't. Vista is closed-source rubbish, and the fundamental flaws in
    that "operating system" can't even /be/ /examined/ by any "admin".

    > However in these days of "global warming" it might be better to turn the
    > machines off at night anyway.

    "Global Warming" is a non-existant threat that /your/ politicians are
    selling to you to justify increased taxes and outrageous fuel prices.
    There was /much/ /more/ "global warming" between 1720 an 1775 - /before/
    the industrial revolution - the tree ring records demonstrate that /very/
    effectively.

    C.

  18. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    "Christopher Hunter" wrote in message
    news:Ymxrj.71860$801.46891@fe1.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> If I had to reboot this Vista machine more than once a month I would be
    >> worried.

    > You obviously got the special "friend of Bill" version of Vista -
    > everybody
    > else has that crap crash at least once a day.

    So you keep saying.. however the facts differ from your lies.
    The sooner you realize that only your "friends" humor you the better off you
    will be.

    >> If I were admin I would fix the problem.

    > You can't. Vista is closed-source rubbish, and the fundamental flaws in
    > that "operating system" can't even /be/ /examined/ by any "admin".
    >
    >> However in these days of "global warming" it might be better to turn the
    >> machines off at night anyway.

    > "Global Warming" is a non-existant threat that /your/ politicians are
    > selling to you to justify increased taxes and outrageous fuel prices.
    > There was /much/ /more/ "global warming" between 1720 an 1775 - /before/
    > the industrial revolution - the tree ring records demonstrate that /very/
    > effectively.

    That may be the only thing we will ever agree on.
    Shame that your belief in the same thing devalues my beliefs so much.
    So much that I may have to start believing in GW if you don't.

    > C.

  19. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Jim Edmondson wrote:

    > in reality, Europe is joining the third world by assimilation - low
    > birthrates and high immmigration rates equal the end of the culture as you
    > know it

    Yep. Get ready for a Europe with a majority Muslim population in another
    decade or so.

  20. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > Jim Edmondson wrote:
    >
    >> in reality, Europe is joining the third world by assimilation - low
    >> birthrates and high immmigration rates equal the end of the culture as you
    >> know it

    > Yep. Get ready for a Europe with a majority Muslim population in another
    > decade or so.

    Not in Spain. The fastest growing minority here is from Latin America
    and China. And this is a country that was ruled by Muslims for hundreds
    of years.

    Alias