Ubuntu is a worhtless POS... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu is a worhtless POS... - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:49:21 +0000, ray wrote: > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:30:23 -0800, Frank wrote: > >> ray wrote: >> >>> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:08:14 -0800, Frank wrote: >>> >>> >>>>ray wrote: >>>> >>>> ...

  1. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:49:21 +0000, ray wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:30:23 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> ray wrote:

    >>> As a matter of fact, I have.

    >> Hummm...where...in BestBuy?

    > Actually, in DOD.
    >

    >> Frank

    > I would be quite willing to bet a considerable sum that my experience
    > with MS greatly exceeds yours with Linux. You may as well give up - you
    > can't win.

    I'm *so* jealous!! I've used XP quite a bit, but so far I haven't had the
    opportunity to use Vista. Not even a BestBuy opportunity. I've been
    stuck with having to use my Ubuntu system for ages. Boo hoo.

    If/when I do eventually get the chance to try out Vista, I'm well aware
    that the experience may cause me to scrape the Linux off my computer. And
    I'm not gonna be one of these folks who opine that Vista's a sad POS when
    they haven't tried it. I am going to acknowledge the possibility of pigs
    flying. After all, pigs may fly.

    --

    "They say: 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they
    ought to say is: 'Evil prevails.'" - Yuri Orlov

  2. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Wank wrote:

    I'm smart enough to install ubuntu,

    You're not smart enough, however, to spell correctly. Dickhead.

    You /certainly/ aren't "smart" enough to install /anything/ - give up.

    C.

  3. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Wank wrote:
    >
    > I'm smart enough to install ubuntu,
    >
    > You're not smart enough, however, to spell correctly. Dickhead.
    >
    > You /certainly/ aren't "smart" enough to install /anything/ - give up.
    >
    > C.

    What's wrong you broke lying linux loser?
    You got the message loud and clear!
    Frank

  4. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    >>*Wank wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>>How would you know ray...seeing as how you've never used Vista in a
    >>>production environment?

    > *Nobody* uses Vista in a "production environment" unless they're /really/
    > stupid. It's so badly broken that it can't be used for business, and the
    > DRM prevents its home use.

    How would a broke POS lying linux loser like you know anything at all
    about Vista, the very best OS available today that bums like you can't
    even afford!
    Idiot!
    Frank

  5. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    ray wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:30:23 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>ray wrote:

    >>>As a matter of fact, I have.

    >>Hummm...where...in BestBuy?

    > Actually, in DOD.

    DOD uses Vista? Sorry but, I don't believe that. In fact, I'd be
    surprised if the DOD wasn't still using W2K or even OS/2.
    I thought you said you retired yrs ago...long before Vista was RTM.

    >>Frank

    > I would be quite willing to bet a considerable sum that my experience
    > with MS greatly exceeds yours with Linux.

    Possibly so, but not buy much. I've only been testing and playing around
    with linux disrtos for about 10 yrs now. That's how I know just how
    little progress it's really made.

    You may as well give up - you
    > can't win.

    Hahaha...I've already won pal. I never get into fights I've not already
    won...LOL!
    Sorry!
    Frank

  6. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    firebrand wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:49:21 +0000, ray wrote:

    >>>Hummm...where...in BestBuy?

    >>Actually, in DOD.
    >>

    >>>Frank

    >>I would be quite willing to bet a considerable sum that my experience
    >>with MS greatly exceeds yours with Linux. You may as well give up - you
    >>can't win.

    > I'm *so* jealous!! I've used XP quite a bit, but so far I haven't had the
    > opportunity to use Vista. Not even a BestBuy opportunity. I've been
    > stuck with having to use my Ubuntu system for ages. Boo hoo.
    >
    > If/when I do eventually get the chance to try out Vista, I'm well aware
    > that the experience may cause me to scrape the Linux off my computer. And
    > I'm not gonna be one of these folks who opine that Vista's a sad POS when
    > they haven't tried it. I am going to acknowledge the possibility of pigs
    > flying. After all, pigs may fly.

    Oh how cute...flying pigs!
    Well, on the other hand, linux, any of the 350+ distos, cause they're
    basically all the same, may be ready for prime time when minkie come
    flying out of your rectum...hahaha!
    Frank

  7. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:42:45 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > ray wrote:

    >>>Hummm...where...in BestBuy?

    >> Actually, in DOD.
    >>

    > DOD uses Vista? Sorry but, I don't believe that. In fact, I'd be
    > surprised if the DOD wasn't still using W2K or even OS/2. I thought you
    > said you retired yrs ago...long before Vista was RTM.

    Hey frankie - have you ever heard of a consultant?

    >>>Frank

    >> I would be quite willing to bet a considerable sum that my experience
    >> with MS greatly exceeds yours with Linux.

    > Possibly so, but not buy much. I've only been testing and playing around
    > with linux disrtos for about 10 yrs now. That's how I know just how
    > little progress it's really made.
    >
    > You may as well give up - you
    >> can't win.

    > Hahaha...I've already won pal. I never get into fights I've not already
    > won...LOL!
    > Sorry!
    > Frank

    That's why you usually resolve into a crying, cursing, whimpering mass
    before it's over.

  8. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    ray wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:42:45 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>ray wrote:

    >>>Actually, in DOD.
    >>>

    >>DOD uses Vista? Sorry but, I don't believe that. In fact, I'd be
    >>surprised if the DOD wasn't still using W2K or even OS/2. I thought you
    >>said you retired yrs ago...long before Vista was RTM.

    > Hey frankie - have you ever heard of a consultant?

    Who hasn't heard of or been a consultant. That's usually means you're
    unemployed...hahaha!
    So what does that have to do with your working in the DOD on DOD
    computers, huh?

    >>>I would be quite willing to bet a considerable sum that my experience
    >>>with MS greatly exceeds yours with Linux.

    >>Possibly so, but not buy much. I've only been testing and playing around
    >>with linux disrtos for about 10 yrs now. That's how I know just how
    >>little progress it's really made.
    >>
    >>You may as well give up - you
    >>
    >>>can't win.

    >>Hahaha...I've already won pal. I never get into fights I've not already
    >>won...LOL!
    >>Sorry!
    >>Frank

    > That's why you usually resolve into a crying, cursing, whimpering mass
    > before it's over.

    Not in my life time pal.
    Frank

  9. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Wank wrote:

    > What's wrong you broke

    Richer than you, dickhead.

    > lying

    Don't be a silly little boy.

    > linux

    Still can't spell, dickhead? Try *Linux*

    > loser?

    Hardly. I live /very/ comfortably in a country with a stable economy. I
    have a beautiful wife, a highly paid job that I enjoy, a comfortable
    home /that/ /I/ /own/ and generally enjoy life - I could certainly not be
    described as a "loser".

    > You got the message loud and clear!

    What message? Do you mean "loudly and clearly"? Your written English amply
    demonstrates either your lack of education or your stupidity. Perhaps you
    should go away and grow up. After all, Daddy will be really annoyed when
    he discovers what you've been doing with his computer...

    C.

  10. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:19:10 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > ray wrote:

    >>>DOD uses Vista? Sorry but, I don't believe that. In fact, I'd be
    >>>surprised if the DOD wasn't still using W2K or even OS/2. I thought you
    >>>said you retired yrs ago...long before Vista was RTM.

    >> Hey frankie - have you ever heard of a consultant?

    > Who hasn't heard of or been a consultant. That's usually means you're
    > unemployed...hahaha!
    > So what does that have to do with your working in the DOD on DOD
    > computers, huh?

    >>>Possibly so, but not buy much. I've only been testing and playing
    >>>around with linux disrtos for about 10 yrs now. That's how I know just
    >>>how little progress it's really made.

    Quite frankly, I think you're either lying, insane or simply stupid. I
    can see no rational reason for a sane reasonably intelligent person to
    'play around' for 10 years with a product which he sees as useless and
    with no future.

    >>>You may as well give up - you

    >>>Hahaha...I've already won pal. I never get into fights I've not already
    >>>won...LOL!
    >>>Sorry!
    >>>Frank

    >> That's why you usually resolve into a crying, cursing, whimpering mass
    >> before it's over.

    > Not in my life time pal.
    > Frank

    Gee - I must have misread all your previous responses in mpwvg.

  11. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Wank wrote:
    >

    >>What's wrong you broke

    > Richer than you, dickhead.

    Not according to your financial statement you posted. You're broke!

    >>lying

    > Don't be a silly little boy.
    >

    >>linux

    > Still can't spell, dickhead? Try *Linux*

    It's linux dickhead! Or do you prefer urbuttoo...LOL!

    >>loser?

    > Hardly. I live /very/ comfortably in a country with a stable economy. I
    > have a beautiful wife, a highly paid job that I enjoy, a comfortable
    > home /that/ /I/ /own/ and generally enjoy life - I could certainly not be
    > described as a "loser".

    Sure...

    >>You got the message loud and clear!

    > What message? Do you mean "loudly and clearly"?

    No I mean loud & clear butt munch!

    Your written English amply
    > demonstrates either your lack of education or your stupidity.

    Sorry jerkoff...I've proly got more formal education that you but I'll
    never confuse education with intelligence.

    Perhaps you
    > should go away and grow up.

    Go screw yourself you pompus ass!

    After all, Daddy will be really annoyed when
    > he discovers what you've been doing with his computer...

    You ****wit moron loser...my Dad has been deceased for yrs.
    I just love bitch slapping your fukkin fanatical linux ass all over this ng.
    Frank

    oh and cheers!

  12. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    ray wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:19:10 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>ray wrote:

    >>>Hey frankie - have you ever heard of a consultant?

    >>Who hasn't heard of or been a consultant. That's usually means you're
    >>unemployed...hahaha!
    >>So what does that have to do with your working in the DOD on DOD
    >>computers, huh?

    > Quite frankly, I think you're either lying, insane or simply stupid. I
    > can see no rational reason for a sane reasonably intelligent person to
    > 'play around' for 10 years with a product which he sees as useless and
    > with no future.

    Hope...it's all based on hope ray. Surly you not so stupid that you
    can't see it...it's right in front of you! New releases just about ever
    six months? The hope that maybe...just maybe...the next one will be the
    one. Over 350+ distros...surly one of them will get it right and be the one!
    I guess I don't easily give up...but the promise of linux has never and
    maybe will never...be fulfilled.
    You know and I know and millions of others know that to be true.
    Otherwise linux would have a much, much larger share of the desktop.
    I just deleted RH 8 after a few weeks ride. Same ****...different day.
    Good ol'sos.
    Bummers! Maybe next time.
    But you know what really fries my ass ray...people coming over to my ng
    and taking a crap...for no reason whatsoever.
    That's tantamount to a declaration of war in my eyes!

    >>>That's why you usually resolve into a crying, cursing, whimpering mass
    >>>before it's over.

    >>Not in my life time pal.
    >>Frank

    > Gee - I must have misread all your previous responses in mpwvg.

    Maybe you could point out where I was crying and turned into a
    whimpering mass, huh?
    Oh I do love to curse out the liars and trolls...I just love to!!!
    The use of the vernacular can be very strong!
    Frank

  13. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Frank wrote:

    > But you know what really fries my ass ray...people coming over to my ng
    > and taking a crap...for no reason whatsoever.
    > That's tantamount to a declaration of war in my eyes!

    "My ng"? You don't own an "ng". You do lie, insult, use profanity and
    bluster in *every* news group you post in.

    Alias

  14. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:10:21 -0800, Frank wrote:

    > ray wrote:

    >>>Who hasn't heard of or been a consultant. That's usually means you're
    >>>unemployed...hahaha!
    >>>So what does that have to do with your working in the DOD on DOD
    >>>computers, huh?

    >> Quite frankly, I think you're either lying, insane or simply stupid. I
    >> can see no rational reason for a sane reasonably intelligent person to
    >> 'play around' for 10 years with a product which he sees as useless and
    >> with no future.

    > Hope...it's all based on hope ray. Surly you not so stupid that you
    > can't see it...it's right in front of you! New releases just about ever
    > six months? The hope that maybe...just maybe...the next one will be the
    > one. Over 350+ distros...surly one of them will get it right and be the
    > one! I guess I don't easily give up...but the promise of linux has never
    > and maybe will never...be fulfilled.

    One definition of insanity is continually repeating the same experiment
    and always hoping for a new outcome.

    > You know and I know and millions of others know that to be true.
    > Otherwise linux would have a much, much larger share of the desktop. I
    > just deleted RH 8 after a few weeks ride. Same ****...different day.
    > Good ol'sos.
    > Bummers! Maybe next time.
    > But you know what really fries my ass ray...people coming over to my ng
    > and taking a crap...for no reason whatsoever. That's tantamount to a
    > declaration of war in my eyes!

    I am so SORRY!! I did not realize that you owned alt.os.linux.ubuntu!

    >>>Not in my life time pal.
    >>>Frank

    >> Gee - I must have misread all your previous responses in mpwvg.

    > Maybe you could point out where I was crying and turned into a
    > whimpering mass, huh?
    > Oh I do love to curse out the liars and trolls...I just love to!!! The
    > use of the vernacular can be very strong! Frank

    "Horse****! You're a fukkin liar or else you have no idea what you're
    talking about. Proly the latter. Urbuttoo could not even recognize my
    Matrox P750 video card.
    POS os...a real toy!
    Frank"

    Taken directly from your response in thread "2 more newb questions".

  15. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Alias wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> But you know what really fries my ass ray...people coming over to my
    >> ng and taking a crap...for no reason whatsoever.
    >> That's tantamount to a declaration of war in my eyes!

    > "My ng"? You don't own an "ng". You do lie, insult, use profanity and
    > bluster in *every* news group you post in.
    >
    > Alias

    That went right over your fanatical head and you didn't even have to
    duck, did you?
    Frank

  16. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    ray wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:10:21 -0800, Frank wrote:
    >

    >>ray wrote:

    >>>Quite frankly, I think you're either lying, insane or simply stupid. I
    >>>can see no rational reason for a sane reasonably intelligent person to
    >>>'play around' for 10 years with a product which he sees as useless and
    >>>with no future.

    >>Hope...it's all based on hope ray. Surly you not so stupid that you
    >>can't see it...it's right in front of you! New releases just about ever
    >>six months? The hope that maybe...just maybe...the next one will be the
    >>one. Over 350+ distros...surly one of them will get it right and be the
    >>one! I guess I don't easily give up...but the promise of linux has never
    >>and maybe will never...be fulfilled.

    > One definition of insanity is continually repeating the same experiment
    > and always hoping for a new outcome.

    So by that definition linux is insane?
    You know, you could be right!

    >>You know and I know and millions of others know that to be true.
    >>Otherwise linux would have a much, much larger share of the desktop. I
    >>just deleted RH 8 after a few weeks ride. Same ****...different day.
    >>Good ol'sos.
    >>Bummers! Maybe next time.
    >>But you know what really fries my ass ray...people coming over to my ng
    >>and taking a crap...for no reason whatsoever. That's tantamount to a
    >>declaration of war in my eyes!

    > I am so SORRY!! I did not realize that you owned alt.os.linux.ubuntu!

    I do? Amazing...how did that happen?

    >>>Gee - I must have misread all your previous responses in mpwvg.

    >>Maybe you could point out where I was crying and turned into a
    >>whimpering mass, huh?
    >>Oh I do love to curse out the liars and trolls...I just love to!!! The
    >>use of the vernacular can be very strong! Frank

    > "Horse****! You're a fukkin liar or else you have no idea what you're
    > talking about. Proly the latter. Urbuttoo could not even recognize my
    > Matrox P750 video card.
    > POS os...a real toy!
    > Frank"
    >
    > Taken directly from your response in thread "2 more newb questions".

    So you can copy/paste with ubuntu?
    Great! Is that a sign of progress?
    Frank

  17. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    * Frank wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >> One definition of insanity is continually repeating the same experiment
    >> and always hoping for a new outcome.

    > So by that definition linux is insane?
    > You know, you could be right!

    Giving life to an inanimate object is another definition...

    Since Linux is not alive, how can it be insane?

    --
    David

  18. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Frank wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>
    >>> But you know what really fries my ass ray...people coming over to my
    >>> ng and taking a crap...for no reason whatsoever.
    >>> That's tantamount to a declaration of war in my eyes!

    >> "My ng"? You don't own an "ng". You do lie, insult, use profanity and
    >> bluster in *every* news group you post in.
    >>
    >> Alias

    > That went right over your fanatical head and you didn't even have to
    > duck, did you?
    > Frank

    You don't own an "ng". End of story.

    Alias

  19. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    Alias wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:

    >>> "My ng"? You don't own an "ng". You do lie, insult, use profanity and
    >>> bluster in *every* news group you post in.
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >> That went right over your fanatical head and you didn't even have to
    >> duck, did you?
    >> Frank

    > You don't own an "ng". End of story.

    He does own the much deserved title of "village idiot". But like G.W. Bush
    says, it's an ownership society. (just thinking of another notorious
    village idiot)

    > Alias

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

  20. Re: Ubuntu is a worhtless POS...

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:34:02 +0100, Alias wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:

    >>> "My ng"? You don't own an "ng". You do lie, insult, use profanity and
    >>> bluster in *every* news group you post in.
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >> That went right over your fanatical head and you didn't even have to
    >> duck, did you?
    >> Frank

    > You don't own an "ng". End of story.
    >
    > Alias