Update Killed My Wireless - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Update Killed My Wireless - Ubuntu ; My wireless works perfectly when I boot 2.6.15-29-686 With yesterday's update to .51, wireless will not work. wicd ubuntu dapper I get the message SIOCGIFFLAGS error I have found several references to this error, but none that helps. Since it ...

  1. Update Killed My Wireless

    My wireless works perfectly when I boot 2.6.15-29-686

    With yesterday's update to .51, wireless will not work.

    wicd
    ubuntu dapper

    I get the message SIOCGIFFLAGS error

    I have found several references to this error, but none that helps.

    Since it is due to the update, the solution should be quick and simple,
    but I have not found it.

    Help would be appreciated.

    CSSJR

    --
    If we do not wish to lose our freedom, we must learn to tolerate our
    neighbor's right to freedom even though he might express that freedom

  2. Re: Update Killed My Wireless

    Hello Claude

    Claude S. Sutton, Jr wrote:
    > My wireless works perfectly when I boot 2.6.15-29-686
    >
    > With yesterday's update to .51, wireless will not work.
    >
    > wicd
    > ubuntu dapper
    >
    > I get the message SIOCGIFFLAGS error

    things like this hapen, when the naming of the interface changes. Take a
    look at the output of dmesg or /var/log/syslog to find out, which device
    get's assigned to your wireless-card

    > I have found several references to this error, but none that helps.

    which references?

    > Since it is due to the update, the solution should be quick and simple,
    > but I have not found it.

    downgrade should be a solution :-)

    cu

    Marco