OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product - Ubuntu ; http://syncmyride.com/#/home/ notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that explains a lot about ford doesn't it? -- Chris...

  1. OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    --
    Chris

  2. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    > http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >

    > notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    > explains a lot about ford doesn't it?

    At the same time FORD is taking a lesson from the
    RIAA in saying you don't own your pictures of
    your car, they do.
    http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402
    caver1

  3. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:20:26 -0500, caver1 wrote:

    > Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    >> http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >>

    >> notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    >> explains a lot about ford doesn't it?
    >>

    > At the same time FORD is taking a lesson from the RIAA in saying you
    > don't own your pictures of your car, they do.
    > http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402 caver1

    WOW

    if the world wasnt going down hill so fast i'd say at this point i've
    read it all, but at the rate things are going.............tomorrow will
    have something even worse!

    thats just insane!

    --
    Chris

  4. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:20:26 -0500, caver1 wrote:
    >
    >> Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    >>> http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >>>

    >>> notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    >>> explains a lot about ford doesn't it?
    >>>

    >> At the same time FORD is taking a lesson from the RIAA in saying you
    >> don't own your pictures of your car, they do.
    >> http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402 caver1

    > WOW
    >
    > if the world wasnt going down hill so fast i'd say at this point i've
    > read it all, but at the rate things are going.............tomorrow will
    > have something even worse!
    >
    > thats just insane!

    It's greed.
    caver1

  5. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    In <4790b2bc$0$7219$4c368faf@roadrunner.com> caver1:

    [Snip...]

    > It's greed.

    The most recent outbreak of this M$ plague in Silicon Valley:

    The problem typically arises when a social network, say, offers its
    users the ability to import the list of contacts they've accumulated
    on Microsoft Hotmail.

    Since the summer, my friends tell me, Mister Softie has been sending
    cease-and-desist letters to startups that try to do this. These
    nastygrams are typically followed up by a meeting with Microsoft reps,
    who then try a couple different approaches to get the startup to
    integrate Messenger into their service.

    The thrust of the term sheets, he said, was to create a process
    whereby Hotmail and other Windows Live data could be shared securely
    with third parties. Added Hall: "There are models for federation where
    you can trust other services--and that's what we're trying to do with
    our partners."

    Thats what doesn't make sense to me. If this is such a security
    problem, why do Google and Yahoo let their users take their contacts
    with them?

    More:

    http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...-mister-softie

  6. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:53:47 +0000, Christopher D. Thompson wrote:

    > http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >

    > notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    > explains a lot about ford doesn't it?

    So Ford's multimedia/info crap is powered by M$ ? What does that 'explain'
    about Ford?

  7. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    Harold Stevens wrote:
    > In <4790b2bc$0$7219$4c368faf@roadrunner.com> caver1:
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    >> It's greed.

    > The most recent outbreak of this M$ plague in Silicon Valley:
    >
    > The problem typically arises when a social network, say, offers its
    > users the ability to import the list of contacts they've accumulated
    > on Microsoft Hotmail.
    >
    > Since the summer, my friends tell me, Mister Softie has been sending
    > cease-and-desist letters to startups that try to do this. These
    > nastygrams are typically followed up by a meeting with Microsoft reps,
    > who then try a couple different approaches to get the startup to
    > integrate Messenger into their service.
    >
    > The thrust of the term sheets, he said, was to create a process
    > whereby Hotmail and other Windows Live data could be shared securely
    > with third parties. Added Hall: "There are models for federation where
    > you can trust other services--and that's what we're trying to do with
    > our partners."
    >
    > Thats what doesn't make sense to me. If this is such a security
    > problem, why do Google and Yahoo let their users take their contacts
    > with them?
    >
    > More:
    >
    > http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...-mister-softie

    That's like if you decide to change phone
    companies you wouldn't be allowed to call anyone
    that you previously called using the first company.
    caver1

  8. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:08:07 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:53:47 +0000, Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    >
    >> http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >>

    >> notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    >> explains a lot about ford doesn't it?

    > So Ford's multimedia/info crap is powered by M$ ? What does that
    > 'explain' about Ford?

    Ford, spelled phonetically----Fix Or Repair Daily

  9. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:52:44 +0000, a wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:08:07 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:53:47 +0000, Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >>>

    >>> notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    >>> explains a lot about ford doesn't it?

    >> So Ford's multimedia/info crap is powered by M$ ? What does that
    >> 'explain' about Ford?

    > Ford, spelled phonetically----Fix Or Repair Daily

    Oh ok wasn't thinking along those lines not being a Ford owner.

  10. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:53:47 +0000, Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    >
    >> http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >>

    >> notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    >> explains a lot about ford doesn't it?

    > So Ford's multimedia/info crap is powered by M$ ? What does that 'explain'
    > about Ford?

    That a driver will have to reboot his Ford while driving down the freeway?

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

  11. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:53:47 +0000, Christopher D. Thompson wrote:

    > http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >

    > notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    > explains a lot about ford doesn't it?

    well i do know ford has looked into other os es for that. but none worked
    the way they wanted. so they where stuck using ms. i have been told there
    are a few people who help make that unit did not want to use them but no
    other way around it.

    --
    /home/paul/sig.txt

  12. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:07:46 -0500, caver1 wrote:

    >Christopher D. Thompson wrote:

    >>> At the same time FORD is taking a lesson from the RIAA in saying you
    >>> don't own your pictures of your car, they do.
    >>> http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402 caver1

    >> WOW
    >>
    >> if the world wasnt going down hill so fast i'd say at this point i've
    >> read it all, but at the rate things are going.............tomorrow will
    >> have something even worse!
    >>
    >> thats just insane!
    >>

    >It's greed.
    >caver1

    It's sick...

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:10:15 +0000, NoStop wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:53:47 +0000, Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://syncmyride.com/#/home/
    >>>

    >>> notice the "powered by Microsoft" thing (in the upper left)...now that
    >>> explains a lot about ford doesn't it?

    >> So Ford's multimedia/info crap is powered by M$ ? What does that 'explain'
    >> about Ford?

    > That a driver will have to reboot his Ford while driving down the freeway?
    >
    > Cheers.

    And answer "Are you sure" before deploying the air bag.

    Your car has performed an illegal U-Turn and will be shut down, we are
    sorry for the inconvenience. Preparing Police report, please wait.

    --
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect,
    even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    Cole's Law: Thinly sliced cabbage.

  14. Re: OT: for those of you who were considering a FORD product

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:34:43 +0000, Trevor Best wrote:

    >> That a driver will have to reboot his Ford while driving down the
    >> freeway?
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    > And answer "Are you sure" before deploying the air bag.
    >
    > Your car has performed an illegal U-Turn and will be shut down, we are
    > sorry for the inconvenience. Preparing Police report, please wait.

    NOW that was funny!!!!!!!!!

    I wonder does the windshield turn into "the blue screen of death" just
    before a crash?

    --
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread