Seems the current kmilo package is borked. Uninstall it and install the
previous package 3.5.6. The problem was not really specific to any brand
of keyboard.

kmilo_3.5.6-0ubuntu2_i386.deb for most intel/amd users.

The widgets for the smaller OSD are still in use so if you would like
the larger OSD you'll have to retro back to the previous version.
I like the smaller OSD myself.

Note; this did not fix the mute button problem on my newer Logitech
EX-110 but I can't recall it ever working so it may be an issue with
how it's set up rather than borked script in the newer kmilo source.