Help...........Samsung SCX4521F - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Help...........Samsung SCX4521F - Ubuntu ; hi all, any help for this printer ? i'm not able to set up and i'm going crazy........ i'm using ubuntu 6.06 and i need a "step by step" help , if you can this are my first steps in ...

  1. Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    hi all,
    any help for this printer ?
    i'm not able to set up and i'm going crazy........
    i'm using ubuntu 6.06 and i need a "step by step" help , if you can
    this are my first steps in ubuntu's world
    thanks in advance

  2. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    /* K *\ Ýrta:
    > hi all,
    > any help for this printer ?

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...rintersSamsung

    ;-)
    warp

  3. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    http://www.elijahlofgren.com/ubuntu/#scx-4521f

    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager g3tpi

  4. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    *Nonostante Echelon*: fmnd1k$2bin$1@news.t-online.hu,
    csola ha buttato li:
    > /* K *\ Ýrta:
    >> hi all,
    >> any help for this printer ?

    > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...rintersSamsung
    >
    > ;-)
    > warp

    doesn't work

  5. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    *Nonostante Echelon*: 13oue58no45jm12@corp.supernews.com,
    twager ha buttato lý:
    > /* K *\ wrote:
    >> hi all,
    >> any help for this printer ?
    >> i'm not able to set up and i'm going crazy........
    >> i'm using ubuntu 6.06 and i need a "step by step" help , if you can
    >> this are my first steps in ubuntu's world
    >> thanks in advance
    >>

    > http://www.elijahlofgren.com/ubuntu/#scx-4521f

    this works,
    but it's so hard........
    windows: put the disc into, press install, that's it
    linux: very hard work, sometimes with no sense....
    many thanks anyway

  6. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    /* K *\ wrote:
    > *Nonostante Echelon*: 13oue58no45jm12@corp.supernews.com,
    > twager ha buttato lý:
    >> /* K *\ wrote:
    >>> hi all,
    >>> any help for this printer ?
    >>> i'm not able to set up and i'm going crazy........
    >>> i'm using ubuntu 6.06 and i need a "step by step" help , if you can
    >>> this are my first steps in ubuntu's world
    >>> thanks in advance
    >>>

    >> http://www.elijahlofgren.com/ubuntu/#scx-4521f

    > this works,
    > but it's so hard........
    > windows: put the disc into, press install, that's it
    > linux: very hard work, sometimes with no sense....
    > many thanks anyway

    I cannot comment on Windows as I do not use it but you will find after a
    few days Linux will get easier as you get used to it...Plenty of help
    on this group so just ask if you get stuck...

    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager g3tpi

  7. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    *Nonostante Echelon*: 13ov14o9hkhn7b6@corp.supernews.com,
    twager ha buttato lý:
    > /* K *\ wrote:
    >> *Nonostante Echelon*: 13oue58no45jm12@corp.supernews.com,
    >> twager ha buttato lý:
    >>>>

    >>> http://www.elijahlofgren.com/ubuntu/#scx-4521f

    >> this works,
    >> but it's so hard........
    >> windows: put the disc into, press install, that's it
    >> linux: very hard work, sometimes with no sense....
    >> many thanks anyway
    >>

    > I cannot comment on Windows as I do not use it but you will find
    > after a few days Linux will get easier as you get used to it...Plenty
    > of help on this group so just ask if you get stuck...

    so kindly........
    thanks

  8. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    On 2008-01-17, /* K *\ hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > *Nonostante Echelon*: 13oue58no45jm12@corp.supernews.com,
    > twager ha buttato l├Č:
    >> /* K *\ wrote:
    >>> hi all,
    >>> any help for this printer ?
    >>> i'm not able to set up and i'm going crazy........
    >>> i'm using ubuntu 6.06 and i need a "step by step" help , if you can
    >>> this are my first steps in ubuntu's world
    >>> thanks in advance
    >>>

    >> http://www.elijahlofgren.com/ubuntu/#scx-4521f

    > this works,
    > but it's so hard........
    > windows: put the disc into, press install, that's it
    > linux: very hard work, sometimes with no sense....

    Yo anonymous dude, PLEASE COMPLAIN TO SAMSUNG, as they are
    responsible for this situation,and *NOT* the people creating
    Open Software, like *Ubuntu. IF Samsung or any producer
    WANT TO SELL their hardware, then it is their freaking
    responsibility to *PROVIDE* DRIVERS, and the *EASY* means to
    include it in *ANY* OS!

    "Easy" well if the driver for the Printer is included, then
    installing a Printer in *Ubuntu* is a peace of cake.

    > many thanks anyway

    glad I could help you sort it out who the real cause for your
    problems are.

    Dragomir Kollaric
    --
    "Slackware" is a word used by the Hopi tribe and means:
    "white man has too much leisure time at his hands. "

  9. Re: Help...........Samsung SCX4521F

    /* K *\ illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > *Nonostante Echelon*: 13oue58no45jm12@corp.supernews.com,
    > twager ha buttato l├Č:
    >> /* K *\ wrote:
    >>> hi all,
    >>> any help for this printer ?
    >>> i'm not able to set up and i'm going crazy........
    >>> i'm using ubuntu 6.06 and i need a "step by step" help , if you can
    >>> this are my first steps in ubuntu's world
    >>> thanks in advance
    >>>

    >> http://www.elijahlofgren.com/ubuntu/#scx-4521f

    > this works,

    Good

    > but it's so hard........

    But it works....

    > windows: put the disc into, press install, that's it

    No disc? What do you do then?

    > linux: very hard work, sometimes with no sense....

    That's due to the manuafacturer, not Linux.

    > many thanks anyway

    You'll think these sort of things are second nature before long.
    Persevere.

    If you remember your early times with Windows, you'll have done things
    that didn't make sense then too and no doubt come across problems that
    you couldn't solve. There's a whole industry of "help" that has
    evolved around MS software.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"