Running Gwenview in Ubuntu? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Running Gwenview in Ubuntu? - Ubuntu ; In article , Moog wrote: >Paul Ciszek illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: >> >> In article , >> Moog wrote: >>> >>>It may be time to opt for the whole desktop >>> >>>$ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop I finally did this, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 42 of 42

  1. Re: Running Gwenview in Ubuntu?

    In article <5ve0raF1m4kpmU4@mid.individual.net>,
    Moog wrote:
    >Paul Ciszek illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>
    >> In article <5v824uF1jjc9gU3@mid.individual.net>,
    >> Moog wrote:
    >>>
    >>>It may be time to opt for the whole desktop
    >>>
    >>>$ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

    I finally did this, and when I had to choose between something
    called gdm and something called kdm, I chose gdm on the assumption
    that it had something to do with Gnome and that Gnome would still
    be the dominant desktop. I hope that was the right call.

    Hmmm, Gwenview still doesn't run. Though the errors have
    gotten simpler:

    ~$ gwenview
    kbuildsycoca running...
    KCrash: Application 'gwenview' crashing...

    --
    Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
    pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the

  2. Re: Running Gwenview in Ubuntu?

    Paul Ciszek illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > In article <5ve0raF1m4kpmU4@mid.individual.net>,
    > Moog wrote:
    >>Paul Ciszek illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > I finally did this, and when I had to choose between something
    > called gdm and something called kdm, I chose gdm on the assumption
    > that it had something to do with Gnome and that Gnome would still
    > be the dominant desktop. I hope that was the right call.
    >
    > Hmmm, Gwenview still doesn't run. Though the errors have
    > gotten simpler:
    >
    > ~$ gwenview
    > kbuildsycoca running...
    > KCrash: Application 'gwenview' crashing...

    I'm at a loss to suggest anything other than look for an alternative
    until the situation is solved. I see a few big reports based on your
    error message via google.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"