Asus Eee PC - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Asus Eee PC - Ubuntu ; rubberduck wrote: > It works really great. I have installed eeexubuntu on mine rather than > the Xandros and everything works except the microphone, but i'll fix that > later. > much recomended... I read that these machines are scheduled ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: Asus Eee PC

    rubberduck wrote:
    > It works really great. I have installed eeexubuntu on mine rather than
    > the Xandros and everything works except the microphone, but i'll fix that
    > later.
    > much recomended...

    I read that these machines are scheduled to come down to $199 depending
    on the model. I plan on snapping one up after the price cuts. Very
    exciting concept.
    -Pete

  2. Re: Asus Eee PC

    rubberduck wrote:

    >It works really great. I have installed eeexubuntu on mine rather than
    >the Xandros and everything works except the microphone, but i'll fix that
    >later.
    >much recomended...

    Can someone tell me if the stock eePC comes with Wine
    the emulator?

    I would like to run the newsgroup app Agent under it...
    hence the question.

  3. Re: Asus Eee PC

    wrote in message
    > rubberduck wrote:
    >
    >>It works really great. I have installed eeexubuntu on mine rather than
    >>the Xandros and everything works except the microphone, but i'll fix that
    >>later.
    >>much recomended...

    > Can someone tell me if the stock eePC comes with Wine
    > the emulator?
    >
    > I would like to run the newsgroup app Agent under it...
    > hence the question.

    I'll check with SO this evening. I don't think it does.

    Ed

  4. Re: Asus Eee PC

    "Ed Edelenbos" wrote in message

    > wrote in message
    >> rubberduck wrote:
    >>
    >>>It works really great. I have installed eeexubuntu on mine rather than
    >>>the Xandros and everything works except the microphone, but i'll fix that
    >>>later.
    >>>much recomended...

    >> Can someone tell me if the stock eePC comes with Wine
    >> the emulator?
    >>
    >> I would like to run the newsgroup app Agent under it...
    >> hence the question.

    > I'll check with SO this evening. I don't think it does.
    >
    > Ed

    That I can find... no.

  5. Re: Asus Eee PC

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:22:02 -0600, me@privacy.net wrote:

    >rubberduck wrote:
    >
    >>It works really great. I have installed eeexubuntu on mine rather than
    >>the Xandros and everything works except the microphone, but i'll fix that
    >>later.
    >>much recomended...

    >Can someone tell me if the stock eePC comes with Wine
    >the emulator?

    I think you will find wine is not an emulator

    >I would like to run the newsgroup app Agent under it...
    >hence the question.

  6. Re: Asus Eee PC

    "Ed Edelenbos" wrote:

    >>> Can someone tell me if the stock eePC comes with Wine
    >>> the emulator?
    >>>
    >>> I would like to run the newsgroup app Agent under it...
    >>> hence the question.

    >> I'll check with SO this evening. I don't think it does.
    >>
    >> Ed

    >That I can find... no.

    Hmm so the eePC does NOT have WINE, correct?

  7. Re: Asus Eee PC

    * wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> I'll check with SO this evening. I don't think it does.
    >>>
    >>> Ed

    >>That I can find... no.

    > Hmm so the eePC does NOT have WINE, correct?

    Cant you just install it?

    --
    David

  8. Re: Asus Eee PC

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:43:34 +0000, SINNER wrote:

    > * wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>>That I can find... no.

    >> Hmm so the eePC does NOT have WINE, correct?
    >>

    > Cant you just install it?

    Google must be too hard for them. I typed in "eee pc wine" and the
    first search result was an excellent step-by-step howto complete with
    a screenshot at each step:

    http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:wine

  9. Re: Asus Eee PC

    "Spinner" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:43:34 +0000, SINNER wrote:
    >
    >> * wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> Hmm so the eePC does NOT have WINE, correct?
    >>>

    >> Cant you just install it?

    > Google must be too hard for them. I typed in "eee pc wine" and the
    > first search result was an excellent step-by-step howto complete with
    > a screenshot at each step:
    >
    > http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:wine

    Being a newbie, I only checked to see if it was there. It's good to know it
    can be installed.

    Ed

  10. Re: Asus Eee PC

    Spinner wrote:

    >Google must be too hard for them. I typed in "eee pc wine" and the
    >first search result was an excellent step-by-step howto complete with
    >a screenshot at each step:
    >
    >http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:wine

    Wow thanks so much!

+ Reply to Thread