what filter would help to keep it out - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on what filter would help to keep it out - Ubuntu ; I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group. I wish they kill him finally. :-) Could any body make a suggestion, please?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. what filter would help to keep it out

    I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.

    I wish they kill him finally. :-)

    Could any body make a suggestion, please?

  2. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:33:14 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    > "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.
    >
    > I wish they kill him finally. :-)
    >
    > Could any body make a suggestion, please?

    Edit your Score file and put this in it:
    [*]
    Score:: =-9999
    Subject: MI5

  3. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    Vitorio Okio writes:

    > I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    > "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.
    >
    > I wish they kill him finally. :-)
    >
    > Could any body make a suggestion, please?

    Yes. Configure a kill key.

  4. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    Vitorio Okio wrote in

    > I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    > "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.
    >
    > I wish they kill him finally. :-)
    >
    > Could any body make a suggestion, please?

    You won't as long as you use Pan.

    Use slrn instead, and you will find it fairly easy to block him.

    Better yet, subscribe to news.individual.net which not only filters this
    moron out but about another 100 tons of sludge you would never have to see
    again.

  5. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:46:12 -0600, Dan C wrote:

    > Score:: =-9999
    > Subject: MI5
    > Subject: M.I.5

    If it would be so simple. On my screen right now I see 11 different
    versions of these 3 characters.

    This bastard is really creative. He uses different delimiters, variant
    spacing and so on. The the possible versions number of his posts subjects
    is nearly infinite.

    I guess MI5 is having hard time persecuting him. :-)

  6. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:07:16 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:46:12 -0600, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> Score:: =-9999
    >> Subject: MI5
    >> Subject: M.I.5

    > If it would be so simple. On my screen right now I see 11 different
    > versions of these 3 characters.

    It is that simple. The "." (period) above matches all characters. Do
    like I said, and see it work.

  7. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    Vitorio Okio writes:

    > On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:46:12 -0600, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> Score:: =-9999
    >> Subject: MI5
    >> Subject: M.I.5

    > If it would be so simple. On my screen right now I see 11 different
    > versions of these 3 characters.
    >
    > This bastard is really creative. He uses different delimiters, variant
    > spacing and so on. The the possible versions number of his posts subjects
    > is nearly infinite.
    >
    > I guess MI5 is having hard time persecuting him. :-)

    Also consider that the more effort you go to, the more likely it is you
    will lose another post which you might be interested in....

  8. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:46:12 -0600, Dan C wrote:

    > Edit your Score file and put this in it:
    >
    >[*]
    > Score:: =-9999
    > Subject: MI5
    > Subject: M.I.5

    Thanks that works well.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  9. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:33:14 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:

    > I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this "MI5P
    > persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.
    >
    > I wish they kill him finally. :-)
    >
    > Could any body make a suggestion, please?

    Forward his posts to MI5 and help them persecute him some more?

  10. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On 2008-01-01, elaich <|@|.|> wrote:

    [...]

    > Use slrn instead, and you will find it fairly easy to block him.
    >
    > Better yet, subscribe to news.individual.net which not only filters this
    > moron out but about another 100 tons of sludge you would never have to see
    > again.

    I agree 100% that the two best friends you can have on Usenet are slrn
    and individual.net. At times some sludge drifts through their filters
    but they correct this within hours. Best €10 I have ever spent :-)

    As for slrn, it handsomely repays the effort in learning to use it.

    Andrew
    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

  11. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    andrew writes:

    > On 2008-01-01, elaich <|@|.|> wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> Use slrn instead, and you will find it fairly easy to block him.
    >>
    >> Better yet, subscribe to news.individual.net which not only filters this
    >> moron out but about another 100 tons of sludge you would never have to see
    >> again.

    > I agree 100% that the two best friends you can have on Usenet are slrn
    > and individual.net. At times some sludge drifts through their filters
    > but they correct this within hours. Best €10 I have ever spent :-)
    >
    > As for slrn, it handsomely repays the effort in learning to use it.
    >
    > Andrew

    Mozarella is a good (free) server choice too. It seems to me that they
    are also updating their SPAM filters regularly since I never see any of
    this junk either. Or use leafnode and use its filtering - also a nice
    way to understand more networking and daemon/scheduling on Linux.

    As, if not more, powerful as SLRN is also Gnus.

  12. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On 2008-01-02, Hadron wrote:

    [...]

    > Mozarella is a good (free) server choice too. It seems to me that they
    > are also updating their SPAM filters regularly since I never see any of
    > this junk either. Or use leafnode and use its filtering - also a nice
    > way to understand more networking and daemon/scheduling on Linux.
    >
    > As, if not more, powerful as SLRN is also Gnus.

    I will have to admit that my brief foray into Gnus showed a /very/
    powerful and vastly extensible program. But I prefer a tighter focus
    on just news where Gnus is really an extension of emacs, and I was not
    prepared to delve into emacs.

    In Australia we have Fords and Holdens, in Linux there is vim and
    emacs so perhaps there is also slrn and gnus, although slrn and tin
    would be a closer comparison.

    Andrew
    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

  13. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    andrew writes:

    > On 2008-01-02, Hadron wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> Mozarella is a good (free) server choice too. It seems to me that they
    >> are also updating their SPAM filters regularly since I never see any of
    >> this junk either. Or use leafnode and use its filtering - also a nice
    >> way to understand more networking and daemon/scheduling on Linux.
    >>
    >> As, if not more, powerful as SLRN is also Gnus.

    > I will have to admit that my brief foray into Gnus showed a /very/
    > powerful and vastly extensible program. But I prefer a tighter focus
    > on just news where Gnus is really an extension of emacs, and I was not
    > prepared to delve into emacs.

    A shame as that's where the power and beauty of the emacs philosophy
    really kicks in. e.g I recently integrated weblogger so now I can
    instantly blog from emails or news, at the same time ssh with X
    forwarding from an eshell, compile and debug, bring up emacs interfaces
    to bablefish, local dictionaries, beagle or IRC servers - all tied in
    neatly together with the same editing key stroke, buffer management,
    between session management, the text based org-mode, the muse mode for
    publishing documents in different formats etc. It becomes a way of life
    :-;

    It *is* hard to get to grips with because it is a vast program, but I
    would heartily recommend this book:

    http://safari.oreilly.com/0596006489

    Without a doubt the biggest issue are apparent "dumb" key bindings. But
    it becomes apparent after a while just why they ARE like they are and
    when you realise that and are used to them you would never change a thing.

    > In Australia we have Fords and Holdens, in Linux there is vim and
    > emacs so perhaps there is also slrn and gnus, although slrn and tin
    > would be a closer comparison.

    No :-; vim+slrn+a.n.other v emacs ....

  14. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    Vitorio Okio wrote:
    > I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    > "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.
    >
    > I wish they kill him finally. :-)
    >
    > Could any body make a suggestion, please?

    Well I can suggest some sure fire methods, and that is either

    1:- A daisey cutter.

    2:- A 60 megatone tactical nuclear weapon.

    3:- Hitman.

    4:- MI5 actualy killing the prick.

    5:- Car accident from no where.

    6:- Pushed onto a train track.

    7:- Poisen.

    8:- Gasing.

    9:- Hanging.

    10:-Kicked to death by Saturday night drunks.

    11:-Put on the Jeremy Kyle show.

    12:-An order from the Queen to be beheaded.

    13:-Shot at dorn or at any other part of the day.

    14:-Taken to an all soft walled room never to be let out EVER.

    15:-Taken to Space by NASA and accidently let out.

    16:-Tell him to jump over some Underground rails, the Police will do the
    rest.

    One of those should do it.

    Mike.

  15. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 23:27:40 +0000, elaich wrote:

    > You won't as long as you use Pan.

    I use Pan. I don't see his posts unless some twit quotes him.

  16. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    Vitorio Okio wrote in

    > I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    > "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

  17. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    elaich wrote:
    > Vitorio Okio wrote in
    >
    >> I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    >> "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.

    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

    Yikes! Wonder what he's like in person?

    Don't the British call someone like this "a nutter"?

    Dave

  18. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
    > elaich wrote:
    >> Vitorio Okio wrote in
    >>
    >>> I cannot come with any effective rule that would block for ever this
    >>> "MI5P persecuted" idiot of my view while reading this news group.

    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

    > Yikes! Wonder what he's like in person?
    >
    > Don't the British call someone like this "a nutter"?
    >
    > Dave

    Yes a "nutter" for sure.

    Mike.

  19. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:57:02 -0500, mr.b wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 23:27:40 +0000, elaich wrote:
    >
    >> You won't as long as you use Pan.

    > I use Pan. I don't see his posts unless some twit quotes him.

    I use Pan also and the regex posted here yesterday filters quoted articles
    also.

  20. Re: what filter would help to keep it out

    Primax wrote:

    > CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
    >> elaich wrote:
    >>> Vitorio Okio wrote in

    >>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

    >> Yikes! Wonder what he's like in person?
    >>
    >> Don't the British call someone like this "a nutter"?
    >>
    >> Dave

    > Yes a "nutter" for sure.

    Nuttier than a year of squirrel poo :-)

    --