Root priviledges booting off of CD? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Root priviledges booting off of CD? - Ubuntu ; When I boot Ubuntu off of the CD, I am denied permission to do some things. Is there a root password for the CD version? -- Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is pciszek at panix dot com ...

  1. Root priviledges booting off of CD?

    --
    Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
    pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."

  2. Re: Root priviledges booting off of CD?

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 19:36:43 +0000, Paul Ciszek wrote:

    > When I boot Ubuntu off of the CD, I am denied permission to do
    > some things. Is there a root password for the CD version?

    use 'sudo whatevercommand' - no, there is not a root password.

+ Reply to Thread