Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type? - Ubuntu ; According to "mount", my encrypted portion is the following "type": reiserfs (rw,loop=/dev/loop0,encryption=twofish256,acl,user_xattr) This is not my main Linux drive, it is another tertiary drive. So, once I have installed Ubuntu on my system, will I be able to mount this ...

  1. Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type?

    According to "mount", my encrypted portion is the following "type":

    reiserfs (rw,loop=/dev/loop0,encryption=twofish256,acl,user_xattr)

    This is not my main Linux drive, it is another tertiary drive. So,
    once I have installed Ubuntu on my system, will I be able to mount
    this encrypted partition? If so, what would the command look like?

    --
    Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
    pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."

  2. Re: Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type?

    Paul Ciszek wrote:
    > According to "mount", my encrypted portion is the following "type":
    >
    > reiserfs (rw,loop=/dev/loop0,encryption=twofish256,acl,user_xattr)
    >
    > This is not my main Linux drive, it is another tertiary drive. So,
    > once I have installed Ubuntu on my system, will I be able to mount
    > this encrypted partition? If so, what would the command look like?

    There has been support for reiserfs in the linux kernel for a long time.
    You normally mount partitions with the mount command. Not sure about
    encrypted partitions. Check your boot scripts - all file systems are
    mounted right after init, so the command that mounts them will be there.

    --
    artix
    http://www.abstractart.ws _Abstract Art Directory_

  3. Re: Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type?

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 18:22:05 +0000, Paul Ciszek wrote:

    > this encrypted partition? If so, what would the command look like?

    If you need more support, you can ask Mr. Reiser to help you before he
    gets executed :-(
    http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/.../ff_hansreiser

    --
    :-)

  4. Re: Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type?

    Holz wrote:
    > Paul Ciszek wrote:
    >
    >> this encrypted partition? If so, what would the command look like?

    > If you need more support, you can ask Mr. Reiser to help you before
    > he gets executed :-(
    >
    > http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/.../ff_hansreiser

    I think you will find that German law has advanced beyond the 'off
    with his head' mechanism.

    Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten

  5. Re: Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type?

    CBFalconer schreef:
    > Holz wrote:
    >> Paul Ciszek wrote:
    >>
    >>> this encrypted partition? If so, what would the command look like?

    >> If you need more support, you can ask Mr. Reiser to help you before
    >> he gets executed :-(
    >>
    >> http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/.../ff_hansreiser

    > I think you will find that German law has advanced beyond the 'off
    > with his head' mechanism.

    Where does German Law come into this?
    (From the article: "this jail 40 miles east of San Francisco")

  6. Re: Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type?

    "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote:
    > CBFalconer schreef:
    >> Holz wrote:

    >>> If you need more support, you can ask Mr. Reiser to help you before
    >>> he gets executed :-(
    >>>
    >>> http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/.../ff_hansreiser

    >> I think you will find that German law has advanced beyond the 'off
    >> with his head' mechanism.

    > Where does German Law come into this?
    > (From the article: "this jail 40 miles east of San Francisco")

    Well, at least one of us is wrong. :-) I understood he was in a
    German jail pending trial.

    Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten

  7. Re: Does Ubuntu support this filesystem type?

    "Dirk T. Verbeek" writes:

    > CBFalconer schreef:
    >> Holz wrote:

    >>> If you need more support, you can ask Mr. Reiser to help you before
    >>> he gets executed :-(
    >>>
    >>> http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/.../ff_hansreiser

    >> I think you will find that German law has advanced beyond the 'off
    >> with his head' mechanism.
    >>

    > Where does German Law come into this?
    > (From the article: "this jail 40 miles east of San Francisco")

    You are talking to Mr CBFalconer. He never reads anything before making
    claims about the contents.

+ Reply to Thread