LG cell phone connection - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on LG cell phone connection - Ubuntu ; Ubuntu 7.1 here. I have a LG VX8300 cell phone and a CDMA data cable. Using BITPIM I can recognized the phone but not the connection. Seems I need a driver. I've searched but cannot find such driver. Am I ...

  1. LG cell phone connection

    Ubuntu 7.1 here.

    I have a LG VX8300 cell phone and a CDMA data cable. Using BITPIM I can
    recognized the phone but not the connection. Seems I need a driver.

    I've searched but cannot find such driver.

    Am I missing something? Anyone able to help?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: LG cell phone connection

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 15:44:26 +0000, franz frippl wrote:

    > Ubuntu 7.1 here.
    >

    > I have a LG VX8300 cell phone and a CDMA data cable. Using BITPIM I can
    > recognized the phone but not the connection. Seems I need a driver.
    >
    > I've searched but cannot find such driver.
    >
    > Am I missing something? Anyone able to help?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Is this data cable USB?

  3. Re: LG cell phone connection

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:46:06 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 15:44:26 +0000, franz frippl wrote:
    >
    >> Ubuntu 7.1 here.
    >>

    >> I have a LG VX8300 cell phone and a CDMA data cable. Using BITPIM I
    >> can recognized the phone but not the connection. Seems I need a
    >> driver.
    >>
    >> I've searched but cannot find such driver.
    >>
    >> Am I missing something? Anyone able to help?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Is this data cable USB?

    Yes. When I plug it into the USB port and the phone, the phone charges.
    When I do a hardware check, it shows up on the list. It's when I run
    Bitpim that the port is not recognized.

+ Reply to Thread