Kernel Panic - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Kernel Panic - Ubuntu ; Hello, I've followed some intructions given on a forum, which taught that : sudo gedit /etc/usplash.conf Then I've edited the screen as 1024 768 (my screen). I then typed : sudo update-initramfs -u And since that, I'm not able to ...

  1. Kernel Panic

    Hello,

    I've followed some intructions given on a forum, which taught that :
    sudo gedit /etc/usplash.conf

    Then I've edited the screen as 1024 768 (my screen).

    I then typed : sudo update-initramfs -u

    And since that, I'm not able to start my computer, I've got this message :

    kernel panic - not syncing : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on
    unknown-block (0,0)

    What can I do ?

    Thank you

    Arnaud (France)

  2. Re: Kernel Panic

    Go to www.google.com and enter this as search criteria;

    'kernel panic - not syncing : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on
    unknown-block (0,0)'

    I just did and there seems to be a lot of reading that can be done
    on the topic of your problem.

    I'm sure there are some boot parameters that you can edit in your startup
    menu that will allow you to get back into your o/s so you can reverse what
    you did if you just read some of the results of the google search.

+ Reply to Thread