Boot sequence not what I was expecting - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Boot sequence not what I was expecting - Ubuntu ; "R" wrote in message news:84adnYwsN7hR3OfanZ2dnUVZ8qeknZ2d@bt.com... > Hi all. > A while back I asked how to change the boot sequence to XP instead of > Ubuntu. ste parker gave a good indication in his reply of what I was > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Boot sequence not what I was expecting CHEERS GUYS

    "R" wrote in message news:84adnYwsN7hR3OfanZ2dnUVZ8qeknZ2d@bt.com...
    > Hi all.
    > A while back I asked how to change the boot sequence to XP instead of
    > Ubuntu. ste parker gave a good indication in his reply of what I was
    > supposed to do so I looked at the file and saw that I have the
    > following...

    4 WORKS

    ok!

  2. Re: Boot sequence not what I was expecting...FOLLOW UP

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:46:49 GMT
    NoStop wrote:

    > > And in my experience it gets counted as the actual "title" line is not
    > > commented out. It did up to 7.04, Don't use grub now to duel boot Gusty
    > > so can't check with my current setup.
    > >
    > > Ram

    > You could be right. In any case, it's only the default and if he experiences
    > problems, it's easy enough to choose what os to boot and go back and fix
    > it.

    It does get counted, you get an error message if you allow it to time
    out on that option. Nothing that a 3 fingered salute and and some deft
    arrow key work couldn't cure :-)

    --
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

  3. Re: Boot sequence not what I was expecting CHEERS GUYS

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:15:31 -0000
    "R" wrote:

    > "R" wrote in message news:84adnYwsN7hR3OfanZ2dnUVZ8qeknZ2d@bt.com...
    > > Hi all.
    > > A while back I asked how to change the boot sequence to XP instead of
    > > Ubuntu. ste parker gave a good indication in his reply of what I was
    > > supposed to do so I looked at the file and saw that I have the
    > > following...

    > 4 WORKS

    Told you it would...

    ....after Ram corrected me :-)

    --
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

  4. Re: Boot sequence not what I was expecting CHEERS GUYS

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:15:31 -0000
    > "R" wrote:
    >
    >> "R" wrote in message news:84adnYwsN7hR3OfanZ2dnUVZ8qeknZ2d@bt.com...
    >>> Hi all.
    >>> A while back I asked how to change the boot sequence to XP instead of
    >>> Ubuntu. ste parker gave a good indication in his reply of what I was
    >>> supposed to do so I looked at the file and saw that I have the
    >>> following...

    >> 4 WORKS

    > Told you it would...
    >

    > ...after Ram corrected me :-)