evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up - Ubuntu ; Hello, My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being, but close to -> has changed the window to an always full screen start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open ...

  1. evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    Hello,

    My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being, but
    close to -> has changed the window to an always full screen
    start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open evince first
    and open a pdf file then.
    The menu bar has gone then too.

    Reboot and reinstall does not help.

    Suggestions?

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Loads inexpensive, nice usable xoftware ... (^-^)

  2. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    xubunt6 writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being,
    > but close to -> has changed the window to an always full
    > screen start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open
    > evince first and open a pdf file then.
    > The menu bar has gone then too.
    >
    > Reboot and reinstall does not help.
    >
    > Suggestions?

    Yes.

    Try telling us what pdf viewer you use .....

  3. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    Hadron wrote:
    > xubunt6 writes:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being,
    >> but close to -> has changed the window to an always full
    >> screen start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open
    >> evince first and open a pdf file then.
    >> The menu bar has gone then too.
    >>
    >> Reboot and reinstall does not help.
    >>
    >> Suggestions?

    > Yes.
    >
    > Try telling us what pdf viewer you use .....

    Sorry, ... Evince 0.5.2

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Loads inexpensive, nice usable xoftware ... (^-^)

  4. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    xubunt6 writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> xubunt6 writes:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being,
    >>> but close to -> has changed the window to an always full
    >>> screen start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open
    >>> evince first and open a pdf file then.
    >>> The menu bar has gone then too.
    >>>
    >>> Reboot and reinstall does not help.
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions?

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> Try telling us what pdf viewer you use .....

    > Sorry, ... Evince 0.5.2

    try F11

    --
    You may my glories and my state dispose,
    But not my griefs; still am I king of those.

  5. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    Hadron wrote:
    > xubunt6 writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Yes.
    >>>
    >>> Try telling us what pdf viewer you use .....

    >> Sorry, ... Evince 0.5.2

    > try F11

    And it works. I tried alt F11, (and alt whatever) but that did not work....
    Thanks!

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Loads inexpensive, nice usable xoftware ... (^-^)

  6. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    xubunt6 wrote:

    > My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being, but
    > close to -> has changed the window to an always full screen
    > start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open evince first
    > and open a pdf file then.
    > The menu bar has gone then too.
    >
    > Reboot and reinstall does not help.
    >
    > Suggestions?

    delete the file "~/.gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml." away
    and start the pdf viewer again.
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  7. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    EOS wrote:
    > xubunt6 wrote:
    >
    >> My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being, but
    >> close to -> has changed the window to an always full screen
    >> start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open evince first
    >> and open a pdf file then.
    >> The menu bar has gone then too.
    >>
    >> Reboot and reinstall does not help.
    >>
    >> Suggestions?

    > delete the file "~/.gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml." away
    > and start the pdf viewer again.

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind. F11 worked too.

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Loads inexpensive, nice usable xoftware ... (^-^)

  8. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    EOS writes:

    > xubunt6 wrote:
    >
    >> My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being, but
    >> close to -> has changed the window to an always full screen
    >> start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open evince first
    >> and open a pdf file then.
    >> The menu bar has gone then too.
    >>
    >> Reboot and reinstall does not help.
    >>
    >> Suggestions?

    > delete the file "~/.gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml." away
    > and start the pdf viewer again.

    And what other side affects do you see from doing that rather extreme
    action?

  9. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    Hadron wrote:
    > EOS writes:
    >
    >> xubunt6 wrote:
    >>
    >>> My pdf viewer is screwed up. With some (unknown) fast key not being, but
    >>> close to -> has changed the window to an always full screen
    >>> start up when you double click a pdf file. Or when you open evince first
    >>> and open a pdf file then.
    >>> The menu bar has gone then too.
    >>>
    >>> Reboot and reinstall does not help.
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions?

    >> delete the file "~/.gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml." away
    >> and start the pdf viewer again.

    > And what other side affects do you see from doing that rather extreme
    > action?

    Extreme action?

    If you mean pressing: -> that is the shortcut key for
    walking through the 4 desktops.

    As far as F11: it ended a sort of slideshow / full screen window of Evince.

    --

    Xubunt6

    "Xubuntu 6 - (bubbling around, sometimes ...)."
    Loads inexpensive, nice usable xoftware ... (^-^)

  10. Re: evince - pdf viewer widow screwed up

    xubunt6 writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> EOS writes:

    >>> delete the file "~/.gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml." away
    >>> and start the pdf viewer again.

    >> And what other side affects do you see from doing that rather extreme
    >> action?

    > Extreme action?
    >
    > If you mean pressing: -> that is the shortcut key for
    > walking through the 4 desktops.

    No I don't mean that. I was replying to the last post - not to you.

    > As far as F11: it ended a sort of slideshow / full screen window of
    > Evince.

    Yes I know - I told you what to press :-;

+ Reply to Thread