tune2fs - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on tune2fs - Ubuntu ; I know how to use tune2fs to delay a forced check or even force a check of the filesystem and I also use bonager to warn me when one is pending. What bonager doesn't do is tell me which partition ...

  1. tune2fs

    I know how to use tune2fs to delay a forced check or even force a check
    of the filesystem and I also use bonager to warn me when one is pending.

    What bonager doesn't do is tell me which partition needs the check, I
    currently have 3 ext3 partitions /, /home and /mnt/multimedia now when
    the multimedia one wants checking, instead of having to wait while
    booting I could just umount it and check it manually and do other stuff
    while it's cranking away.

    Question is, is there a way to view the mount count on a device, the
    man page on tune2fs only has options to set these things as far as I
    can see, not view them.

    --
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

  2. Re: tune2fs

    Trevor Best wrote:

    > Question is, is there a way to view the mount count on a device, the
    > man page on tune2fs only has options to set these things as far as I
    > can see, not view them.

    # tune2fs -l /dev/hda1 | grep 'Mount count'

    --
    inox

  3. Re: tune2fs

    Trevor Best writes:

    > I know how to use tune2fs to delay a forced check or even force a check
    > of the filesystem and I also use bonager to warn me when one is pending.
    >
    > What bonager doesn't do is tell me which partition needs the check, I
    > currently have 3 ext3 partitions /, /home and /mnt/multimedia now when
    > the multimedia one wants checking, instead of having to wait while
    > booting I could just umount it and check it manually and do other stuff
    > while it's cranking away.
    >
    > Question is, is there a way to view the mount count on a device, the
    > man page on tune2fs only has options to set these things as far as I
    > can see, not view them.

    e.g

    tune2fs -l /dev/sda7

  4. Re: tune2fs

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:05:28 GMT
    inox wrote:

    > Trevor Best wrote:
    >
    > > Question is, is there a way to view the mount count on a device, the
    > > man page on tune2fs only has options to set these things as far as I
    > > can see, not view them.

    > # tune2fs -l /dev/hda1 | grep 'Mount count'

    thanks

    --
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

  5. Re: tune2fs

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:08:04 +0100
    Hadron wrote:

    > Trevor Best writes:
    >
    > > I know how to use tune2fs to delay a forced check or even force a check
    > > of the filesystem and I also use bonager to warn me when one is pending.
    > >
    > > What bonager doesn't do is tell me which partition needs the check, I
    > > currently have 3 ext3 partitions /, /home and /mnt/multimedia now when
    > > the multimedia one wants checking, instead of having to wait while
    > > booting I could just umount it and check it manually and do other stuff
    > > while it's cranking away.
    > >
    > > Question is, is there a way to view the mount count on a device, the
    > > man page on tune2fs only has options to set these things as far as I
    > > can see, not view them.

    > e.g
    >
    > tune2fs -l /dev/sda7

    thanks, I see where I went wrong, I was looking for a variation of -c

    --
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

  6. Re: tune2fs

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:01:34 +0000, Trevor Best wrote:

    > On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:08:04 +0100
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best writes:
    >>
    >> > I know how to use tune2fs to delay a forced check or even force a check
    >> > of the filesystem and I also use bonager to warn me when one is pending.
    >> >
    >> > What bonager doesn't do is tell me which partition needs the check, I
    >> > currently have 3 ext3 partitions /, /home and /mnt/multimedia now when
    >> > the multimedia one wants checking, instead of having to wait while
    >> > booting I could just umount it and check it manually and do other stuff
    >> > while it's cranking away.
    >> >
    >> > Question is, is there a way to view the mount count on a device, the
    >> > man page on tune2fs only has options to set these things as far as I
    >> > can see, not view them.

    >> e.g
    >>
    >> tune2fs -l /dev/sda7

    > thanks, I see where I went wrong, I was looking for a variation of -c

    might have to sudo first.

+ Reply to Thread