clean terminal - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on clean terminal - Ubuntu ; I see that the command remains stored in the terminal also if I turn off the computer. Is it right? May I clean this commands?...

  1. clean terminal

    I see that the command remains stored in the terminal also if I turn off
    the computer.
    Is it right?
    May I clean this commands?

  2. Re: clean terminal

    Daniel NA wrote:
    > I see that the command remains stored in the terminal also if I turn off
    > the computer.
    > Is it right?
    > May I clean this commands?

    What do you mean by "the command remains stored in the terminal" ?

    --
    artix
    http://www.abstractart.ws _Abstract Art Directory_

  3. Re: clean terminal

    artix wrote:

    > Daniel NA wrote:
    >> I see that the command remains stored in the terminal also if I turn off
    >> the computer.
    >> Is it right?
    >> May I clean this commands?

    > What do you mean by "the command remains stored in the terminal" ?

    He is meaning the cmd-history

    Enter "history" in a terminal, you'll see the last x commands

    And yes, "history clear" will erase them
    --
    Microsoft: which revised Eula do you want to accept today?

  4. Re: clean terminal

    artix wrote:
    > What do you mean by "the command remains stored in the terminal" ?

    Ya, those 3 sentences were highly difficult to understand. I think the
    OP means bash history. But I can't be sure. As such, how could anybody
    possibly help.

    To the OP. If it is bash history you're talking about. Just comment the
    line (HISTSIZE) in ~/.bashrc:
    #HISTSIZE=

    And remove the file ~/.bash_history

    --Benjamin Franklin

  5. Re: clean terminal

    artix writes:

    > Daniel NA wrote:
    >> I see that the command remains stored in the terminal also if I turn
    >> off the computer.
    >> Is it right?
    >> May I clean this commands?

    > What do you mean by "the command remains stored in the terminal" ?

    Swap "remove this" for "remove these" in the last line and I assume he
    wants to turn off bash history between sessions.

    See here for details on how it works and different approaches for
    maintaining bash history:

    http://searchenterpriselinux.techtar...213815,00.html

  6. Re: clean terminal

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:26:30 +0100
    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Microsoft: which revised Eula do you want to accept today?

    heh

    --
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

  7. Re: clean terminal

    artix wrote:
    > Daniel NA wrote:
    >
    >> I see that the command remains stored in the terminal also if I
    >> turn off the computer. Is it right? May I clean this commands?

    > What do you mean by "the command remains stored in the terminal" ?

    I suspect he is referring to the command history, accessed via up
    arrow etc.

    Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten

  8. Re: clean terminal

    thank you for your effort to reply to me.
    I write a command in the terminal.
    I close the terminal with exit.
    I turn off the computer.
    Tomorrow I have the commands of yesterday clicking on the up-arrows in my
    keyboard.

    This evening I try your suggestions. Thank you!

  9. Re: clean terminal

    on Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:26:30 +0100, Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Enter "history" in a terminal, you'll see the last x commands
    > And yes, "history clear" will erase them

    thank you.

  10. Re: clean terminal

    on Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:30:05 +0100, Hadron writes:
    > Swap "remove this" for "remove these" in the last line and I assume he
    > wants to turn off bash history between sessions.
    > See here for details on how it works and different approaches for
    > maintaining bash history: [cut]

    thank you.
    I have not well understood what is bash. I read it as soon as possible.

+ Reply to Thread