Firewall - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Firewall - Ubuntu ; jebblue writes: > On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:36:36 -0500, CBFalconer wrote: > >> Having just skipped through this mess by a cursory examination of every >> second article, let me point out how you can achieve the same. Simply ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

  1. Re: Firewall

    jebblue writes:

    > On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:36:36 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> Having just skipped through this mess by a cursory examination of every
    >> second article, let me point out how you can achieve the same. Simply
    >> PLONK Hadron. Have the disposition be 'mark read'. That way the article
    >> will not be downloaded, and the only thing that will show up is the
    >> existance of the nuisance. :-)
    >>

    > I tend to agree based on the latter part of the conversation.

    Thats a shame. Maybe you could reread and take into account NoStop's
    agenda to stir **** at every opportunity. I am not knocking "OSS". I am
    pointing out that OSS is Windows AND Linux and having the source is no
    guarentee of anything for the average small company.

    The time for familiarisation for any sizeable C/C++ project is
    considerable. The ability to produce a functional and bug free addition
    is more so.

    Yes, NOStop would like to suggest he could "knock it up in an hour". But
    what is "it"? That is the question.

  2. Re: Firewall

    Hadron wrote:

    > jebblue writes:
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:36:36 -0500, CBFalconer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Having just skipped through this mess by a cursory examination of every
    >>> second article, let me point out how you can achieve the same. Simply
    >>> PLONK Hadron. Have the disposition be 'mark read'. That way the article
    >>> will not be downloaded, and the only thing that will show up is the
    >>> existance of the nuisance. :-)
    >>>

    >> I tend to agree based on the latter part of the conversation.

    > Thats a shame. Maybe you could reread and take into account NoStop's
    > agenda to stir **** at every opportunity. I am not knocking "OSS". I am
    > pointing out that OSS is Windows AND Linux and having the source is no
    > guarentee of anything for the average small company.
    >
    > The time for familiarisation for any sizeable C/C++ project is
    > considerable. The ability to produce a functional and bug free addition
    > is more so.
    >
    > Yes, NOStop would like to suggest he could "knock it up in an hour". But
    > what is "it"? That is the question.

    I never made any such claim. I said that if you're going to moan and groan
    about the inadequacies of the OSS software you use, YOU can always get the
    source code and improve upon it. You don't see me moaning and groaning
    about the software that I use.

    Cheers.

    --
    Boot It Up!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kql8cWqiv8

  3. Re: Firewall

    Hadron wrote:

    > CBFalconer writes:
    >
    >> NoStop wrote:
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>

    >> ... snip ...
    >>>
    >>> Guess you and "your company" don't have the ability? Is that what
    >>> you're saying?

    > Err, in many cases yes. Your point is? Or are you such a big headed
    > wanker, as I suspect, that you feel you can take ANY piece of OSS and
    > then modify it to your needs in a short, predictable and economic time
    > scale? You are living in clous cuckoo land.
    >
    > And THEN, of course, you have the issues of the GPL. There is a reason
    > why so many companies wont touch it you know.

    >>> What packages are not? Please be more specific rather than just
    >>> hurl your **** around here like you so often do.

    > Lots of them.
    >
    > Remember we are talking quick turn around times for REAL business
    > needs. if you need examples of OSS in mothballs then you really are
    > clueless.
    >
    > You should also note that I am not knocking OSS here. As I said, I
    > contribute and use solely OSS at the moment.
    >

    >>> Cheers.
    >>>
    >>> PS. Yes, you can indeed **** off. In fact, for the betterment of
    >>> the Ubuntu community in this newsgroup - I'll offer you a
    >>> challenge. If you **** off, I'll do the same. I'll be waiting.
    >>> Please let me know when you intend to **** off.

    >> Having just skipped through this mess by a cursory examination of
    >> every second article, let me point out how you can achieve the
    >> same. Simply PLONK Hadron. Have the disposition be 'mark read'.
    >> That way the article will not be downloaded, and the only thing
    >> that will show up is the existance of the nuisance. :-)

    > If ever there was an indicator that NoStop is a waste of space then
    > support from Mr CBFalconer is surely it.

    So now you're going to blame me because CBFalconer has come up with a
    suggestion that rids readers from having to read YOUR bull****? I can't
    control what he posts and you know that. What a conniving warped p.o.s. you
    have turned out to be Hardon. But, many of us, already noticed some time
    ago.

    Cheers.

    --
    Boot It Up!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kql8cWqiv8

  4. Re: Firewall

    NoStop writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> CBFalconer writes:

    >>> ... snip ...

    >> Err, in many cases yes. Your point is? Or are you such a big headed
    >> wanker, as I suspect, that you feel you can take ANY piece of OSS and
    >> then modify it to your needs in a short, predictable and economic time
    >> scale? You are living in clous cuckoo land.
    >>
    >> And THEN, of course, you have the issues of the GPL. There is a reason
    >> why so many companies wont touch it you know.

    >> Lots of them.
    >>
    >> Remember we are talking quick turn around times for REAL business
    >> needs. if you need examples of OSS in mothballs then you really are
    >> clueless.
    >>
    >> You should also note that I am not knocking OSS here. As I said, I
    >> contribute and use solely OSS at the moment.

    >>> Having just skipped through this mess by a cursory examination of
    >>> every second article, let me point out how you can achieve the
    >>> same. Simply PLONK Hadron. Have the disposition be 'mark read'.
    >>> That way the article will not be downloaded, and the only thing
    >>> that will show up is the existance of the nuisance. :-)

    >> If ever there was an indicator that NoStop is a waste of space then
    >> support from Mr CBFalconer is surely it.

    > So now you're going to blame me because CBFalconer has come up with a
    > suggestion that rids readers from having to read YOUR bull****? I can't
    > control what he posts and you know that. What a conniving warped p.o.s. you
    > have turned out to be Hardon. But, many of us, already noticed some time
    > ago.

    You twist, you turn, but you cant escape the truth. Nothing I said was
    "anti OSS".

    As for him "coming up with suggestions", don't make me laugh. That guy
    cant even configure his newsreader properly. In addition he uses
    Windows. Please don't make me laugh. He, like you, is another tin foil
    hat wearing dork.

    I notice you didn't come back with how quickly you can convert an OSS
    C++ project to your needs.

    You're a dickhead. You like to try an position yourself in some sort of
    l33t mantle but it doesn't work. You insult and lie and hope the truth
    will go unnoticed e.g as when you started bagging Moog for not wanting
    to give out his WPA key. In this case you are trying to make out I am
    "anti OSS" when it should be apparent to anyone with half a brain that
    I am not. I do not, however, think that ALL of it is good. And I still
    maintain a lot of it is CRAP.

    Now go away.

  5. Re: Firewall

    Yet more ****wittery from Quack The Troll.

    > What a conniving warped p.o.s. you have turned out to be Hardon. But, many of
    > us, already noticed some time ago.

    From replies I've seen, quite a few have.

    --
    It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.

  6. Re: Firewall

    Hadron wrote:

    > NoStop writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Err, in many cases yes. Your point is? Or are you such a big headed
    >>> wanker, as I suspect, that you feel you can take ANY piece of OSS and
    >>> then modify it to your needs in a short, predictable and economic time
    >>> scale? You are living in clous cuckoo land.
    >>>
    >>> And THEN, of course, you have the issues of the GPL. There is a reason
    >>> why so many companies wont touch it you know.

    >>> Lots of them.
    >>>
    >>> Remember we are talking quick turn around times for REAL business
    >>> needs. if you need examples of OSS in mothballs then you really are
    >>> clueless.
    >>>
    >>> You should also note that I am not knocking OSS here. As I said, I
    >>> contribute and use solely OSS at the moment.

    >>> If ever there was an indicator that NoStop is a waste of space then
    >>> support from Mr CBFalconer is surely it.

    >> So now you're going to blame me because CBFalconer has come up with a
    >> suggestion that rids readers from having to read YOUR bull****? I can't
    >> control what he posts and you know that. What a conniving warped p.o.s.
    >> you have turned out to be Hardon. But, many of us, already noticed some
    >> time ago.

    > You twist, you turn, but you cant escape the truth. Nothing I said was
    > "anti OSS".
    >
    > As for him "coming up with suggestions", don't make me laugh. That guy
    > cant even configure his newsreader properly. In addition he uses
    > Windows. Please don't make me laugh. He, like you, is another tin foil
    > hat wearing dork.
    >
    > I notice you didn't come back with how quickly you can convert an OSS
    > C++ project to your needs.
    >
    > You're a dickhead. You like to try an position yourself in some sort of
    > l33t mantle but it doesn't work. You insult and lie and hope the truth
    > will go unnoticed e.g as when you started bagging Moog for not wanting
    > to give out his WPA key. In this case you are trying to make out I am
    > "anti OSS" when it should be apparent to anyone with half a brain that
    > I am not. I do not, however, think that ALL of it is good. And I still
    > maintain a lot of it is CRAP.
    >
    > Now go away.

    I already challenged you in this respect. I said I'd go away if you also
    agree to go away. Well?

    Cheers.

    --
    Boot It Up!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kql8cWqiv8

  7. Re: Firewall

    Hadron wrote:

    > You should also note that I am not knocking OSS here. As I said, I
    > contribute and use solely OSS at the moment.

    OK. Put up or shut up (and **** off). Which OSS projects are you leading
    at the moment?

    HAH!

    C.

  8. Re: Firewall

    Christopher Hunter writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> You should also note that I am not knocking OSS here. As I said, I
    >> contribute and use solely OSS at the moment.

    > OK. Put up or shut up (and **** off). Which OSS projects are you leading
    > at the moment?
    >
    > HAH!
    >
    > C.

    I don't "lead" any OSS projects at the moment. And I never claimed to. I
    see you're absorbing NoStop#s tactics of lie upon lie and twist upon
    twist. I said I contribute to OSS projects - primarily on SW I use daily.

    Weren't you boasting the other day how you wrote half the code in Vista
    so know how crap it is? Which bits?

  9. Re: Firewall

    Hadron wrote:

    > Christopher Hunter writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> You should also note that I am not knocking OSS here. As I said, I
    >>> contribute and use solely OSS at the moment.

    >> OK. Put up or shut up (and **** off). Which OSS projects are you
    >> leading at the moment?
    >>
    >> HAH!
    >>
    >> C.

    > I don't "lead" any OSS projects at the moment.

    Are you trying to suggest that you did in the past? Which ones? Really, I'd
    be very interested in seeing a polished OSS software release and by
    listening to you whine about how bad so much of it is, I'd expect yours to
    be perfect.

    > And I never claimed to. I
    > see you're absorbing NoStop#s tactics of lie upon lie and twist upon
    > twist.

    Where have I lied? It is you that twist around subjects. Especially when
    you're called on it.

    > I said I contribute to OSS projects - primarily on SW I use daily.

    And what is this contribution besides whining about it's lack of "features"?
    Or is your contribution simply filing bug reports through the automated
    system that some software provides? And no, spreading your bull**** on
    Usenet does not embody contributing to OSS projects.

    > Weren't you boasting the other day how you wrote half the code in Vista
    > so know how crap it is? Which bits?

    There he goes. Twisting again. Another Chubby Checker this Hardon fella is.

    Cheers.

    --
    Boot It Up!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kql8cWqiv8

  10. Re: Firewall

    On Sunday 30 Dec 2007 3:03 pm, NoStop wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > Hadron Quack the Troll wrote:

    >> You twist, you turn, but you cant escape the truth. Nothing I said was
    >> "anti OSS".

    >> I do not, however, think that ALL of it is good. And I still
    >> maintain a lot of it is CRAP.

    Spot the flaw.

    The great majority of Windows application SW
    is eons better than it's OSS copy or alternative.

    From: Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC
    Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007
    Yeah, spoken like a true, real "linux lover" there.

    --
    It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.
    Here we go, then: 10, 9, 8, 6, 5--
    --Holly - Red Dwarf--

  11. Re: Firewall

    Hadron wrote:

    > Christopher Hunter writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> You should also note that I am not knocking OSS here. As I said, I
    >>> contribute and use solely OSS at the moment.

    >> OK. Put up or shut up (and **** off). Which OSS projects are you
    >> leading at the moment?
    >>
    >> HAH!
    >>
    >> C.

    > I don't "lead" any OSS projects at the moment. And I never claimed to. I
    > see you're absorbing NoStop#s tactics of lie upon lie and twist upon
    > twist. I said I contribute to OSS projects - primarily on SW I use daily.

    Good. In that case it will be easy for you to point out the mailing lists
    you frequent and contribute to.
    You know, so one can verify your claim. After all, your credibility is way
    low

    > Weren't you boasting the other day how you wrote half the code in Vista
    > so know how crap it is? Which bits?

    Please supply the Msg-ID for this claim of yours, Hadron Quark.
    Or is that just another one of your claims you completely, fully made up out
    of full cloth?

  12. Re: Firewall

    On Sunday 30 Dec 2007 3:27 pm, NoStop wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Christopher Hunter writes:

    >>> OK. Put up or shut up (and **** off). Which OSS projects are you
    >>> leading at the moment?

    What contributions has he made, & to *which* applications, which distro, & under
    *what* name?
    Can these applications to which he "contributes" be downloaded by anyone?

    >>> HAH!
    >>>
    >>> C.

    >> I don't "lead" any OSS projects at the moment.

    > Are you trying to suggest that you did in the past? Which ones? Really, I'd
    > be very interested in seeing a polished OSS software release and by
    > listening to you whine about how bad so much of it is, I'd expect yours to
    > be perfect.

    Yes, hence the questions above.

    >> And I never claimed to. I
    >> see you're absorbing NoStop#s tactics of lie upon lie and twist upon
    >> twist.

    > Where have I lied? It is you that twist around subjects. Especially when
    > you're called on it.

    Most trolls do.

    >> I said I contribute to OSS projects - primarily on SW I use daily.
    >>

    > And what is this contribution besides whining about it's lack of "features"?
    > Or is your contribution simply filing bug reports through the automated
    > system that some software provides? And no, spreading your bull**** on
    > Usenet does not embody contributing to OSS projects.
    >
    >> Weren't you boasting the other day how you wrote half the code in Vista
    >> so know how crap it is? Which bits?

    > There he goes. Twisting again. Another Chubby Checker this Hardon fella is.

    Heh!

    --
    It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.
    Here we go, then: 10, 9, 8, 6, 5--
    --Holly - Red Dwarf--

  13. Re: Firewall

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:11:40 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > I don't "lead" any OSS projects at the moment. And I never claimed to. I
    > see you're absorbing NoStop#s tactics of lie upon lie and twist upon
    > twist. I said I contribute to OSS projects - primarily on SW I use daily.

    OK, simple question: Which OSS projects do you "contribute" to? Links to
    project pages/credits would be nice.

    It's a simple question. Will you answer it?

  14. Re: Firewall

    Dan C writes:

    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:11:40 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I don't "lead" any OSS projects at the moment. And I never claimed to. I
    >> see you're absorbing NoStop#s tactics of lie upon lie and twist upon
    >> twist. I said I contribute to OSS projects - primarily on SW I use daily.

    > OK, simple question: Which OSS projects do you "contribute" to? Links to
    > project pages/credits would be nice.
    >
    > It's a simple question. Will you answer it?

    I have done so in the past. I would also point out that answering
    questions here is also contributing. Quite frankly I don't feel the need
    to prove anything to the halfwits from COLA (or yourself) who are only
    happy when they are jumping on nOObs and "windiots". Having said that I
    have posted links before. Tough titty if you missed them. Frankly, I
    couldn't give a flying **** what the likes of Peter Koehlmann, Willy
    Boaster, CHunter, yourself or Harold think. You are simply of no
    consequence. I can compare my input in this and other groups to any one
    of you and come out on top. Sure, I like a rumble with the slightly
    thicker members of the COLA elite but that's just a small diversion from
    real daily work.

    Have a nice day now!

    ps I thought better of you than siding with that marvel of technical
    ability Christopher Hunter - Window programmer extraordinaire (isn't it
    funny how the professional windows programmers here are the most
    vociferous - its the same as with Peter Koehlmann). Hypocrites the lot
    of them.

  15. Re: Firewall

    Hadron wrote:

    > Dan C writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:11:40 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't "lead" any OSS projects at the moment. And I never claimed to. I
    >>> see you're absorbing NoStop#s tactics of lie upon lie and twist upon
    >>> twist. I said I contribute to OSS projects - primarily on SW I use
    >>> daily.

    >> OK, simple question: Which OSS projects do you "contribute" to? Links
    >> to project pages/credits would be nice.
    >>
    >> It's a simple question. Will you answer it?

    > I have done so in the past.

    Yes, you have evaded this question several times by now

    > I would also point out that answering
    > questions here is also contributing. Quite frankly I don't feel the need
    > to prove anything to the halfwits from COLA (or yourself) who are only
    > happy when they are jumping on nOObs and "windiots".

    In other words, you were lying
    You have never contributed anything to any OSS project ever

    > Having said that I have posted links before. Tough titty if you missed
    > them.

    Oh, you are lying *again* now?

    > Frankly, I
    > couldn't give a flying **** what the likes of Peter Koehlmann, Willy
    > Boaster, CHunter, yourself or Harold think.

    But you do. You feel the need to constantly lie, make up claims about other
    people constantly and generally try to be the worst asshole ever to have
    haunded the ubuntu group

    > You are simply of no consequence. I can compare my input in this and other
    > groups to any one of you and come out on top.

    That is, if it were true. Naturally, it is not. You are lying

    < snip more Hadron Quark bile >
    --
    Machine-Independent, adj.:
    Does not run on any existing machine.

  16. Re: Firewall

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:16:53 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    >> OK, simple question: Which OSS projects do you "contribute" to? Links to
    >> project pages/credits would be nice.

    > I have done so in the past. I would also point out that answering
    > questions here is also contributing. Quite frankly I don't feel the need
    > to prove anything to the halfwits from COLA (or yourself) who are only
    > happy when they are jumping on nOObs and "windiots". Having said that I
    > have posted links before. Tough titty if you missed them.

    Yeah. That's what I thought you'd say. Translation: there *are* no real
    projects which you contribute to.

    Why can't you just take the time to repost a link or two, proving that you
    are not just spouting off? It would have taken less time than the
    disclaimer (above) did to write. It would also give you a little
    credibility, at very little "cost" to you. Hard to understand why you
    wouldn't do it.

    > ps I thought better of you than siding with that marvel of technical
    > ability Christopher Hunter - Window programmer extraordinaire (isn't it
    > funny how the professional windows programmers here are the most
    > vociferous - its the same as with Peter Koehlmann). Hypocrites the lot
    > of them.

    I didn't "side" with anyone. Christopher Hunter is one of the bigger
    blowhards around, and I don't even bother reading his drivel.

  17. Re: Firewall

    On Sunday 30 Dec 2007 5:01 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Dan C writes:

    >>> OK, simple question: Which OSS projects do you "contribute" to? Links
    >>> to project pages/credits would be nice.
    >>>
    >>> It's a simple question. Will you answer it?

    >> I have done so in the past.

    > Yes, you have evaded this question several times by now
    >
    >> I would also point out that answering
    >> questions here is also contributing. Quite frankly I don't feel the need
    >> to prove anything to the halfwits from COLA (or yourself) who are only
    >> happy when they are jumping on nOObs and "windiots".

    > In other words, you were lying
    > You have never contributed anything to any OSS project ever

    The "halfwits from COLA" who have degrees & qualifications, things which Quack
    despises because *he* doesn't have any.

    >> Having said that I have posted links before. Tough titty if you missed
    >> them.

    > Oh, you are lying *again* now?

    Must be. Quite a few people seem to have missed that post.

    >> Frankly, I
    >> couldn't give a flying **** what the likes of Peter Koehlmann, Willy
    >> Boaster, CHunter, yourself or Harold think.

    > But you do. You feel the need to constantly lie, make up claims about other
    > people constantly and generally try to be the worst asshole ever to have
    > haunded the ubuntu group
    >
    >> You are simply of no consequence. I can compare my input in this and other
    >> groups to any one of you and come out on top.

    > That is, if it were true. Naturally, it is not. You are lying.

    Not surprising, he hardly does anything *but* lie. He's also no credibility.