password on start - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on password on start - Ubuntu ; is possible to avoid to write login and password when Ubuntu 7.10 starts? Leaving the password only for sudo and similar....

  1. password on start

    is possible to avoid to write login and password when Ubuntu 7.10 starts?
    Leaving the password only for sudo and similar.

  2. Re: password on start

    Daniel NA wrote:
    > is possible to avoid to write login and password when Ubuntu 7.10 starts?
    > Leaving the password only for sudo and similar.

    System/Administration/Log in/Security tab/Enable automatic log in/choose
    your user name.

    Alias

  3. Re: password on start

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:59:59 +0100 (CET)
    Daniel NA wrote:

    > is possible to avoid to write login and password when Ubuntu 7.10 starts?
    > Leaving the password only for sudo and similar.

    Yes, in the gnome desktop:

    Syetem -> Administration -> Login Window

    Go to the security tab, enable automatic or timed login. I prefer
    timed, gives me a chance to log in as someone else if need be.

    --
    Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

  4. Re: password on start

    thank you for your replies.
    In Italian is: Sistema, Amministrazione, Finestra di accesso, Sicurezza,
    Abilitare accesso automatico or temporizzato.

  5. Re: password on start

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:59:59 +0100, Daniel NA wrote:

    > is possible to avoid to write login and password when Ubuntu 7.10
    > starts? Leaving the password only for sudo and similar.

    Yes, is.

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  6. Re: password on start

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:18:00 -0600, Joe wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:59:59 +0100, Daniel NA wrote:
    >
    >> is possible to avoid to write login and password when Ubuntu 7.10
    >> starts? Leaving the password only for sudo and similar.

    > Yes, is.

    System | Administration | Login Window click on the Security Tab and
    click on Enable Automatic Login checkbox.

+ Reply to Thread