Slow Nautilus...?? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Slow Nautilus...?? - Ubuntu ; Hi Guys, My Nautilus file manager (2.14.3-0ubuntu1) became vry slow and jerky in recent months, when moving the mouse. I decided to try Krusader 1.60.1... last night, using Synaptic. After installing it, both Nautilus and Krusader are now running great ...

  1. Slow Nautilus...??

    Hi Guys,

    My Nautilus file manager (2.14.3-0ubuntu1) became vry slow and
    jerky in recent months, when moving the mouse.

    I decided to try Krusader 1.60.1... last night, using Synaptic.

    After installing it, both Nautilus and Krusader are now running
    great at top speed! Elated, of course, but...
    ???

    I'm using Gnome Dapper 6.06 LTS, AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 3800+,
    and 32 bit OS.

    Keep up the good work.
    Ed.

  2. Re: Slow Nautilus...??

    Ed wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > My Nautilus file manager (2.14.3-0ubuntu1) became vry slow and
    > jerky in recent months, when moving the mouse.
    >
    > I decided to try Krusader 1.60.1... last night, using Synaptic.
    >
    > After installing it, both Nautilus and Krusader are now running
    > great at top speed! Elated, of course, but...
    > ???
    >
    > I'm using Gnome Dapper 6.06 LTS, AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 3800+,
    > and 32 bit OS.
    >
    > Keep up the good work.
    > Ed.

    It's just a wild guess, but I get this log file nautilus-debug-log.txt
    Writing a debugging trail is a good way of slowing down a program.
    I'm using Ubuntu 7.10, en whatever version of nautilus that implies.

+ Reply to Thread