Ubuntu 7.10 Installation Problem - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 7.10 Installation Problem - Ubuntu ; I recently received the Official Ubuntu 7.10 release disc. Try as I might, I can not get it to load onto my Acer Aspire 1362 Laptop, not even in demo mode. I have also tried Ubuntu 6.06 LTS which does ...

  1. Ubuntu 7.10 Installation Problem

    I recently received the Official Ubuntu 7.10 release disc.

    Try as I might, I can not get it to load onto my Acer Aspire 1362
    Laptop, not even in demo mode.

    I have also tried Ubuntu 6.06 LTS which does load correctly but I can
    not find a way of getting the Pluscom drivers installed to make the
    WiFi work, that is why I was trying 7.10

    Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated

    Kindest regards,

    James

  2. Re: Ubuntu 7.10 Installation Problem

    the_constructor wrote:
    > I recently received the Official Ubuntu 7.10 release disc.
    >
    > Try as I might, I can not get it to load onto my Acer Aspire 1362
    > Laptop, not even in demo mode.
    >
    > I have also tried Ubuntu 6.06 LTS which does load correctly but I can
    > not find a way of getting the Pluscom drivers installed to make the
    > WiFi work, that is why I was trying 7.10
    >
    > Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated
    >
    > Kindest regards,
    >
    > James

    I just received the disks for both Ubuntu and Kubuntu and neither one
    worked. I had to download the ISO and use that, which worked great.

  3. Re: Ubuntu 7.10 Installation Problem

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:05:18 +0000, the_constructor wrote:

    > I recently received the Official Ubuntu 7.10 release disc.
    >
    > Try as I might, I can not get it to load onto my Acer Aspire 1362
    > Laptop, not even in demo mode.

    How does it 'not load'? What happens? Have you tried 'cheat codes' -
    noscsi and noacpi often work.

    > I have also tried Ubuntu 6.06 LTS which does load correctly but I can
    > not find a way of getting the Pluscom drivers installed to make the
    > WiFi work, that is why I was trying 7.10
    >
    > Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated
    >
    > Kindest regards,
    >
    > James

  4. Re: Ubuntu 7.10 Installation Problem

    "ray" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.12.27.16.00.46.752778@zianet.com...
    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:05:18 +0000, the_constructor wrote:
    >
    >> I recently received the Official Ubuntu 7.10 release disc.
    >>
    >> Try as I might, I can not get it to load onto my Acer Aspire 1362
    >> Laptop, not even in demo mode.

    > How does it 'not load'? What happens? Have you tried 'cheat codes' -
    > noscsi and noacpi often work.
    >

    >> I have also tried Ubuntu 6.06 LTS which does load correctly but I can
    >> not find a way of getting the Pluscom drivers installed to make the
    >> WiFi work, that is why I was trying 7.10
    >>
    >> Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated
    >>
    >> Kindest regards,
    >>
    >> James

    It gets to the point where it states that my video card is not asupported @
    1024 x 768 and asks that it can continue in 800 x 600. press continue and
    the program just stops.

    Kindest regards,

    James

+ Reply to Thread