Black screen after install of proprietary ATI driver - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Black screen after install of proprietary ATI driver - Ubuntu ; Finally managed an update to 7.10 and then I accepted to use a proprietary ATI driver. Lo and behold: black screen just after grub. What do I do now? Regards/Bjarne...

  1. Black screen after install of proprietary ATI driver

    Finally managed an update to 7.10 and then I accepted to use a
    proprietary ATI driver.
    Lo and behold: black screen just after grub.
    What do I do now?

    Regards/Bjarne

  2. Re: Black screen after install of proprietary ATI driver

    Knoppix is just the fix:
    old ATI driver ("ati") pasted into xorg.conf

    Merry Christmas!

+ Reply to Thread