Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there? - Ubuntu ; Peter Köhlmann writes: > Hadron wrote: > >> Tim Smith writes: >> >>> In article , >>> Peter Kohlmann wrote: >>>> > What about posting WPA keys. >>>> >>>> I don't care about your idiotic WPA keys. Your dumbass trolling ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 65 of 65

  1. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Smith writes:

    >>> Stop evading, Peter. You say Hadron is wrong. Hadron says publishing
    >>> one's WPA key is bad from a security point of view. It follows that
    >>> your position is that publishing one's WPA key is not bad from a
    >>> security point of view. Can you justify that position?

    >> I would be interested in Peter's clarification on this one. He does
    >> indeed seem to maintain that publishing ones WPA key is indeed "fine"
    >> since Linux will protect him.

    > Please explain where I have said anything like that.
    >
    > As usual, you and your ilk (Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" for example) put
    > words into other peoples mouth to further your agenda.
    > It will be interesting how much more dishonest you will get
    >
    >> Ignoring the obvious stupidity of him ignoring the misuse of his router,

    > Please explain where my "router is misused", as I never talked about any
    > keys at all.
    >
    >> I would be interested in the reasons he thinks it's "ok" to publish ones
    >> WPA key.

    > I would be interested in the reasons you cretin think it is OK to
    > misinterpret peoples post to this extend

    Oh Poor Peter. He can give it. But he can't take it. Tell me why you are
    here in the Ubuntu NG again Peter? All you do is hold hands with other
    useless cretins like Harold and Willy and have never, ever posted a
    single piece which could in any way be construed as helping a new Ubuntu
    user. Go back to COLA. You know you love it when you argue with such
    luminaries as Roy Spamowitz and Mark Kent.

  2. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Hadron wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> I would be interested in Peter's clarification on this one. He does
    >>> indeed seem to maintain that publishing ones WPA key is indeed "fine"
    >>> since Linux will protect him.

    >> Please explain where I have said anything like that.
    >>
    >> As usual, you and your ilk (Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" for example) put
    >> words into other peoples mouth to further your agenda.
    >> It will be interesting how much more dishonest you will get
    >>
    >>> Ignoring the obvious stupidity of him ignoring the misuse of his router,

    >> Please explain where my "router is misused", as I never talked about any
    >> keys at all.
    >>
    >>> I would be interested in the reasons he thinks it's "ok" to publish ones
    >>> WPA key.

    >> I would be interested in the reasons you cretin think it is OK to
    >> misinterpret peoples post to this extend

    > Oh Poor Peter. He can give it. But he can't take it. Tell me why you are
    > here in the Ubuntu NG again Peter? All you do is hold hands with other
    > useless cretins like Harold and Willy and have never, ever posted a
    > single piece which could in any way be construed as helping a new Ubuntu
    > user. Go back to COLA.

    I was teh first to actually help the OP.
    And that is just *one* of several posts where I did help people here.

    That you prefer to ignore that is your problem. And it shows *again* what
    kind of dishonest twit you really are

    > You know you love it when you argue with such
    > luminaries as Roy Spamowitz and Mark Kent.

    Irrelevant, even if it were true. Those two don't post here, so why do you
    constantly drag peoples names up which are unknown here?

    Do you really think people are stupid enough to not recognize that?
    Tell you what, Hadron Quark: People are not nearly as stupid as you need
    them to be
    --
    To start your shiny new Core II Duo in Gameboy mode just enter
    C:\win

  3. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Köhlmann writes:

    >>> Please explain where I have said anything like that.
    >>>
    >>> As usual, you and your ilk (Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" for example) put
    >>> words into other peoples mouth to further your agenda.
    >>> It will be interesting how much more dishonest you will get

    >>> Please explain where my "router is misused", as I never talked about any
    >>> keys at all.

    >>> I would be interested in the reasons you cretin think it is OK to
    >>> misinterpret peoples post to this extend

    >> Oh Poor Peter. He can give it. But he can't take it. Tell me why you are
    >> here in the Ubuntu NG again Peter? All you do is hold hands with other
    >> useless cretins like Harold and Willy and have never, ever posted a
    >> single piece which could in any way be construed as helping a new Ubuntu
    >> user. Go back to COLA.

    > I was teh first to actually help the OP.
    > And that is just *one* of several posts where I did help people here.
    >
    > That you prefer to ignore that is your problem. And it shows *again* what
    > kind of dishonest twit you really are

    It had already been answered far more accurately and you didn't actually
    address the main issue. You neglected the fact that he was asking about
    clearing the history between sessions. I'm pretty damn sure I answered
    (correctly) before you. Oops. I didn't bother to correct you since you
    were trying. And I have better things to do than follow your every
    world.

    >> You know you love it when you argue with such
    >> luminaries as Roy Spamowitz and Mark Kent.

    > Irrelevant, even if it were true. Those two don't post here, so why do you
    > constantly drag peoples names up which are unknown here?

    Because you were too until you brought your own "advocacy" in here.

    > Do you really think people are stupid enough to not recognize that?
    > Tell you what, Hadron Quark: People are not nearly as stupid as you need
    > them to be

    I don't "need" people to be anything than responsible and conclusive to
    facts and explanations as opposed to hot air and rhetoric that you and
    your kind spout.

    Anyway, back you go. Bye!

  4. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Hadron wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    < snip >

    >>> Oh Poor Peter. He can give it. But he can't take it. Tell me why you are
    >>> here in the Ubuntu NG again Peter? All you do is hold hands with other
    >>> useless cretins like Harold and Willy and have never, ever posted a
    >>> single piece which could in any way be construed as helping a new Ubuntu
    >>> user. Go back to COLA.

    >> I was teh first to actually help the OP.
    >> And that is just *one* of several posts where I did help people here.
    >>
    >> That you prefer to ignore that is your problem. And it shows *again* what
    >> kind of dishonest twit you really are

    > It had already been answered far more accurately

    Wrong. I was the *first* one to answer it with /any/ advice.
    And I answered more than an hour before *you*

    > and you didn't actually address the main issue.
    > You neglected the fact that he was asking about clearing the history
    > between sessions.

    You mean, "history clear" does not work?
    After all, the question was "May I clean this commands?"
    Please explain, in detail, why "history clear" does not what the OP wants to
    do

    > I'm pretty damn sure I answered (correctly) before you.

    Nope. I answered before you. And your "answer" would work, but it was asking
    the OP to browse for far more info than simply clearing his history buffer

    > Oops. I didn't bother to correct you since you were trying.

    Oh, please do. Enlighten all those brave ubuntu using people here
    why "history clear" is *wrong* and does not solve the problem.
    After all, you try to help a little, don't you?
    And "correcting" me would certainly do that, too, don't you agree?

    > And I have better things to do than follow your every world.

    Ah yes. But then you have certainly pulled your claim of "and have never,
    ever posted a single piece which could in any way be construed as helping a
    new Ubuntu user" out of your ass, as usual?

    How come that you can claim such obvious bull****, and then explain it
    with "And I have better things to do than follow your every world", Hadron
    Quark?

    >>> You know you love it when you argue with such
    >>> luminaries as Roy Spamowitz and Mark Kent.

    >> Irrelevant, even if it were true. Those two don't post here, so why do
    >> you constantly drag peoples names up which are unknown here?

    > Because you were too until you brought your own "advocacy" in here.

    The "mommy, he has done that too" defense.
    Gods, even *if* you were right, it is about the dumbest explanation
    possible. The posters here simply don't know who (or what) those two guys
    are. Your dragging in their names does nothing but muddy the waters

    >> Do you really think people are stupid enough to not recognize that?
    >> Tell you what, Hadron Quark: People are not nearly as stupid as you need
    >> them to be

    > I don't "need" people to be anything than responsible and conclusive to
    > facts and explanations

    That *has* to be the reason that so many people here have recognized what
    you are doing, Hadron Quark

    > as opposed to hot air and rhetoric that you and your kind spout.
    >
    > Anyway, back you go. Bye!

    Oh, the cowards cop out.
    How very surprising
    --
    There are two kinds of people in this world: the kind that divides
    everybody into two kinds of people, and everybody else

  5. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    In article ,
    Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    > > I would be interested in the reasons he thinks it's "ok" to publish ones
    > > WPA key.

    > I would be interested in the reasons you cretin think it is OK to
    > misinterpret peoples post to this extend

    1. Hadron says publishing your WPA key is bad from a security standpoint.

    2. You say Hadron is wrong.

    It follows that your position is that it is not bad from a security
    standpoint to publish your WPA key. If that is not your position, then
    #2 must be incorrect. Which is it? Was Hadron right, or do you think
    publish the key is OK?

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread