Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there? - Ubuntu ; Tim Smith wrote: > You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. HQ's *never* right. It's a congenital defect. C....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

  1. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome.

    HQ's *never* right. It's a congenital defect.

    C.

  2. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >> > What's you WPA key, Peter?
    >> >

    >> Get lost. Your defending of Hadron gets tiresome

    > You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. Admit he was right,
    > or show that your really believe he was wrong: post your WPA key.

    What are you blubbering about? I have said nothing at all about any WAP key

    Get off that booze fast, you drunken imbecile
    You are nearly as idiotic as that lunatic Hadron

    --
    It's not about, 'Where do you want to go today?' It's more like,
    'Where am I allowed to go today?'

  3. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 27 Dec 2007 16:39:51 GMT
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >> > Yea, 'cause getting bent out of shape over Moog not giving you his wpa
    >> > key and banging on about radio moscow was a real grow'd up thing to do.

    >> It's a joke. Isn't it?
    >> I don't understand what the guys problem is.

    > AFAIK he's married and gets bitchy like this once a month, I'll
    > leave it to you, Watson :-)

    Aaaah. The "decorators" are in.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  4. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    NoStop illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > <..>
    > Unless everyone in his neighbourhood knows who "Moog" is

    That has been my nickname for over 25 years. I am known as "Moog" by Friends,
    Family, Acquaintances, Neighbours and even some people that I don't
    know or have never met. This is by association wih others. I am fairly
    active in my community and have promoted ubuntu and this newsgroup
    within it.

    In which case, should I post my WPA key?

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  5. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    In article ,
    Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    > > You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. Admit he was right,
    > > or show that your really believe he was wrong: post your WPA key.
    > >

    > What are you blubbering about? I have said nothing at all about any WAP key
    >
    > Get off that booze fast, you drunken imbecile
    > You are nearly as idiotic as that lunatic Hadron

    Someone said that posting a WPA key was not a security problem. Hadron
    disagreed. Someone agreed with Hadron. You jumped insulting them for
    agreeing with Hadron. We can infer that you disagree with Hadron, and
    therefore think Hadron is wrong and posting one's WPA key is not a
    security risk. So, what's your key? Or was Hadron right after all? Or
    did you just decide to insult someone without actually bothering to know
    what the thread was about?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith writes:

    > In article <4vjc45-7h.ln1@news.individual.net>,
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> > it's worse than that. If anyone is stupid enough to use WEP it is like a
    >> > red rag to a bull. People who know what they are doing can crack it in
    >> > seconds. Ditto for the "doubly safe" users who put MAC filters on. It's
    >> > garbage. WEP is the only half way secure setup.

    >> This was supposed, of course, to say WPA.

    > You've got WEP and WPA mixed up. WEP is the bad one. WPA is the good
    > one.

    hence I said "that was supposed to say WPA". The last line.

  7. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith writes:

    >> > What's you WPA key, Peter?
    >> >

    >> Get lost. Your defending of Hadron gets tiresome

    > You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. Admit he was right,
    > or show that your really believe he was wrong: post your WPA key.

    Peter is an idiot. He really hasn't a clue. He has one agenda - harass
    and annoy. I sometimes wonder if he even uses Linux. We already know he
    is a professional Windows SW developers.

  8. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > In article ,
    > Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    >> > You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. Admit he was right,
    >> > or show that your really believe he was wrong: post your WPA key.
    >> >

    >> What are you blubbering about? I have said nothing at all about any WAP key
    >>
    >> Get off that booze fast, you drunken imbecile
    >> You are nearly as idiotic as that lunatic Hadron

    > Someone said that posting a WPA key was not a security problem. Hadron
    > disagreed. Someone agreed with Hadron. You jumped insulting them for
    > agreeing with Hadron. We can infer that you disagree with Hadron, and
    > therefore think Hadron is wrong and posting one's WPA key is not a
    > security risk. So, what's your key? Or was Hadron right after all? Or
    > did you just decide to insult someone without actually bothering to know
    > what the thread was about?

    Tim. You're barking at a dead horse. Peter doesn't let the facts get
    in the way of his public spats with Hadron. They are his "r'aison
    d'etre".

    FWIW, I'm in agreement with you.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  9. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    >> > You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. Admit he was
    >> > right, or show that your really believe he was wrong: post your WPA
    >> > key.
    >> >

    >> What are you blubbering about? I have said nothing at all about any WAP
    >> key
    >>
    >> Get off that booze fast, you drunken imbecile
    >> You are nearly as idiotic as that lunatic Hadron

    > Someone said that posting a WPA key was not a security problem. Hadron
    > disagreed. Someone agreed with Hadron.

    Right. A windows using cretin
    The exact person needed for Hadrons denfense

    > You jumped insulting them for agreeing with Hadron.

    There is no insult when telling the truth

    > We can infer that you disagree with Hadron, and
    > therefore think Hadron is wrong and posting one's WPA key is not a
    > security risk.

    You can infer that you are a drunken imbecile.
    That is all you can infer from the thread

    > So, what's your key?

    Why do you bother? I have not talked about any WPA key, and I don't intend

    > Or was Hadron right after all?

    Pray tell, has he *ever* been right so far?

    > Or did you just decide to insult someone without actually bothering to
    > know what the thread was about?

    I know what the thread was about. And a wintendo luser felt the need to
    defend Hadron Quark.
    That was all there was to observe.
    Your reading comprehension is nearly as bad as Hadrons
    --
    "Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain."
    Friedrich Schiller

  10. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Hadron wrote:

    > Tim Smith writes:

    >>> Get lost. Your defending of Hadron gets tiresome

    >> You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. Admit he was right,
    >> or show that your really believe he was wrong: post your WPA key.

    > Peter is an idiot. He really hasn't a clue.

    Fine. Tell us all about "greylisting" and how it forces users to send email
    twice, will you, "email sage" Hadron Quark?

    > He has one agenda - harass and annoy.

    No. I will point out MS astroturfers like you
    Who will chime in at every opportunity to badmouth linux. Even when they
    know nothing about the subject. Like "greylisting", for example

    > I sometimes wonder if he even uses Linux.

    Wonder all you want.

    > We already know he is a professional Windows SW developers.

    "We" already know because I occasionally talked about the windows stuff I am
    doing. Apart from that, you know nothing, Hadron Quark
    --
    Microsoft? Is that some kind of a toilet paper?

  11. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    On Thursday 27 Dec 2007 10:34 pm, Trevor Best wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:53:14 +0100
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> His problem is that, for his own agenda, he likes to belittle people as
    >> much as he can. He's a ****ing wanker and I mentioned this before when
    >> he started accusing me of being a "COLA troll". It should be apparent to
    >> anyone who read this NG that I use and love Linux. I am, however, not
    >> blind to its faults. In NoStop land this is being a COLA troll.

    > Language Timothy!

    FYI: THIS is how much Quack "loves linux":

    The great majority of Windows application SW
    is eons better than it's OSS copy or alternative.

    From: Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC
    Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007

    So you think it's tougher for Free (as in beer) SW to replace MS SW? It
    doesn't replace the MS stuff generally because the "free" application SW
    is piss poor in relation to the purchased versions.

    From: Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: [News] Analysts unhappy with Windows Vista
    Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 05:56:23 +0100
    A brief resume of Quack's posting history:

    Claims to have used linux for 2 years (which certainly is an outright
    lie, since he didn't start posting to any linux group until April 14, 2006)
    He started posting in COLA, in the same asshole mode & trollish behaviour which
    is now his 'trademark'. Later he followed posts to the emacs group, then
    harassed the SuSE group with inane drivel. Much later he appeared on the Ubuntu
    group. Incidentally with reports of how installing simple things completely
    failed for him.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 3

  12. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    On 28 Dec 2007 10:18:09 GMT
    Moog wrote:

    > They are his "r'aison d'etre".

    Sa quoi?

  13. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Evil Bert illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 28 Dec 2007 10:18:09 GMT
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> They are his "r'aison d'etre".

    > Sa quoi?

    Heh. Que?

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  14. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    In article ,
    Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    > >> You attacking Hadron when he's right gets tiresome. Admit he was right,
    > >> or show that your really believe he was wrong: post your WPA key.

    > > Peter is an idiot. He really hasn't a clue.

    > Fine. Tell us all about "greylisting" and how it forces users to send email
    > twice, will you, "email sage" Hadron Quark?

    What about posting WPA keys. Hadron says doing so is bad from a
    security point of view. You say Hadron is wrong. So, instead of
    bringing up things from other newsgroups, how about explaining in this
    one WHY you think posting one's WPA key would not be a security risk?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  15. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith writes:

    >> > Peter is an idiot. He really hasn't a clue.

    >> Fine. Tell us all about "greylisting" and how it forces users to send email
    >> twice, will you, "email sage" Hadron Quark?

    > What about posting WPA keys. Hadron says doing so is bad from a
    > security point of view. You say Hadron is wrong. So, instead of
    > bringing up things from other newsgroups, how about explaining in this
    > one WHY you think posting one's WPA key would not be a security risk?

    And, I still stand by what I said about greylisting. Yes, it sounded a
    little bawked, but the poll, wait, resend is not a good idea on networks
    IMO. I am. however, prepared to be corrected. Frankly, I don't see a need
    for it as I have well configured filters in place and the SPAM that gets
    through is soon dealt with.

    Like the issues with swapfiles (the kernel guys say they are as
    efficient as partitions now) Peter will continue to lie and prevaricate
    because it is something I said. On that instance he decided it was
    impossible to create a contiguous file....

    He is, without a doubt, the worst Linux advocate ever to pick up a loud
    hailer.

    To err is human. To forgive is divine.

    Also remember that Peter Koehlmann, (windows programmer), also maintains
    that it is IMPOSSIBLE to see anti aliasing in action from a screen shot.

    I would point out to the Ubuntu crowd that while I am an opinionated,
    loud mouthed and possibly short tempered wanker at times, my reasons are
    well meant. Having the likes of Koehlmann, Harold and Willy pollute the
    postings here is like having a mosquito buzzing around in your ear -
    annoying and potentially hazardous.

  16. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >> > Peter is an idiot. He really hasn't a clue.

    >> Fine. Tell us all about "greylisting" and how it forces users to send
    >> email twice, will you, "email sage" Hadron Quark?

    > What about posting WPA keys.

    I don't care about your idiotic WPA keys. Your dumbass trolling attempts are
    simply annoying in their total idiocy

    > Hadron says doing so is bad from a security point of view. You say Hadron

    is wrong.
    > So, instead of bringing up things from other newsgroups,

    Like Hadron does all the time, you wanted to say but somehow forgot?

    > how about explaining in this one WHY you think posting one's WPA key would

    not be a security risk?

    So instead you posted this ****e also in COLA, to stir up more trolling.

    Nicely done, cretin
    --
    Don't abandon hope: your Tom Mix decoder ring arrives tomorrow

  17. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Hadron wrote:

    > Tim Smith writes:

    >>> Fine. Tell us all about "greylisting" and how it forces users to send
    >>> email twice, will you, "email sage" Hadron Quark?

    >> What about posting WPA keys. Hadron says doing so is bad from a
    >> security point of view. You say Hadron is wrong. So, instead of
    >> bringing up things from other newsgroups, how about explaining in this
    >> one WHY you think posting one's WPA key would not be a security risk?

    > And, I still stand by what I said about greylisting.

    So you still maintain that it forces email users to send email twice?

    Good that we cleared that up now. You certainly don't have even the
    slightest clue how the email system works, and even less of a clue
    how "greylisting" works

    > Yes, it sounded a little bawked, but the poll, wait, resend is not a good

    idea on networks IMO.

    What "poll", you nimwit? There is no poll

    > I am. however, prepared to be corrected.

    Actually, you have never been "prepared to be corrected"

    > Frankly, I don't see a need
    > for it as I have well configured filters in place and the SPAM that gets
    > through is soon dealt with.

    Which is all fine and dandy. And totally irrelevant re: "greylisting"

    > Like the issues with swapfiles (the kernel guys say they are as
    > efficient as partitions now) Peter will continue to lie and prevaricate
    > because it is something I said.

    Explain then how to create a swapfile which is under all circumstances
    contiguous. After all, you said that the "tools" make it impossible to do
    otherwise, yet consistently failed to explain *how* and *why* this should
    be so.
    You also failed to explain how to do "suspend to disk" with a swapfile.
    After all, according to you, a swapfile has all the goodies of a swap
    partition

    > On that instance he decided it was impossible to create a contiguous

    file....

    No, I asked *you* how to create one which is always contiguous, after you
    claimed it always *will* be contiguous as the "tools" don't make it
    possible to create non-contiguous swapfiles.
    You *always* evaded that point completely, lying cretin Hadron Quark

    > He is, without a doubt, the worst Linux advocate ever to pick up a loud
    > hailer.
    >
    > To err is human. To forgive is divine.
    >
    > Also remember that Peter Koehlmann, (windows programmer), also maintains
    > that it is IMPOSSIBLE to see anti aliasing in action from a screen shot.

    Which I already admitted to have goofed there. Which you naturally fail to
    mention too

    > I would point out to the Ubuntu crowd that while I am an opinionated,
    > loud mouthed and possibly short tempered wanker at times, my reasons are
    > well meant.

    Yes. You want to astroturf for windows. "Well meant reasons" there

    > Having the likes of Koehlmann, Harold and Willy pollute the
    > postings here is like having a mosquito buzzing around in your ear -
    > annoying and potentially hazardous.

    Not having them is worse. It would mean that your misrepresentations "OSS
    software is for the most part unbelieveable crappy, windows software is of
    a very high quality" stand without someone pointing out what you are really
    after,
    "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user", "swapfile expert", "X
    specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin", "defragger
    professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven", "time coordinator"
    and "email sage" Hadron Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian
    O'Leary

    And, BTW, if you are so sincere, why did you feel the need to nymshift,
    Hadron Quark?
    --
    Microsoft? Is that some kind of a toilet paper?

  18. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    In article ,
    Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    > > What about posting WPA keys.

    > I don't care about your idiotic WPA keys. Your dumbass trolling
    > attempts are simply annoying in their total idiocy
    >
    > > Hadron says doing so is bad from a security point of view. You say
    > > Hadron is wrong. So, instead of bringing up things from other
    > > newsgroups,

    > Like Hadron does all the time, you wanted to say but somehow forgot?

    Stop evading, Peter. You say Hadron is wrong. Hadron says publishing
    one's WPA key is bad from a security point of view. It follows that
    your position is that publishing one's WPA key is not bad from a
    security point of view. Can you justify that position?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  19. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Tim Smith writes:

    > In article ,
    > Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    >> > What about posting WPA keys.

    >> I don't care about your idiotic WPA keys. Your dumbass trolling
    >> attempts are simply annoying in their total idiocy
    >>
    >> > Hadron says doing so is bad from a security point of view. You say
    >> > Hadron is wrong. So, instead of bringing up things from other
    >> > newsgroups,

    >> Like Hadron does all the time, you wanted to say but somehow forgot?

    > Stop evading, Peter. You say Hadron is wrong. Hadron says publishing
    > one's WPA key is bad from a security point of view. It follows that
    > your position is that publishing one's WPA key is not bad from a
    > security point of view. Can you justify that position?

    I would be interested in Peter's clarification on this one. He does
    indeed seem to maintain that publishing ones WPA key is indeed "fine"
    since Linux will protect him. Ignoring the obvious stupidity of him
    ignoring the misuse of his router, I would be interested in the reasons
    he thinks it's "ok" to publish ones WPA key.

  20. Re: Any experts on Network Manager and Wicd out there?

    Hadron wrote:

    > Tim Smith writes:

    >>> I don't care about your idiotic WPA keys. Your dumbass trolling
    >>> attempts are simply annoying in their total idiocy

    >>> Like Hadron does all the time, you wanted to say but somehow forgot?

    >> Stop evading, Peter. You say Hadron is wrong. Hadron says publishing
    >> one's WPA key is bad from a security point of view. It follows that
    >> your position is that publishing one's WPA key is not bad from a
    >> security point of view. Can you justify that position?

    > I would be interested in Peter's clarification on this one. He does
    > indeed seem to maintain that publishing ones WPA key is indeed "fine"
    > since Linux will protect him.

    Please explain where I have said anything like that.

    As usual, you and your ilk (Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" for example) put
    words into other peoples mouth to further your agenda.
    It will be interesting how much more dishonest you will get

    > Ignoring the obvious stupidity of him ignoring the misuse of his router,

    Please explain where my "router is misused", as I never talked about any
    keys at all.

    > I would be interested in the reasons he thinks it's "ok" to publish ones
    > WPA key.

    I would be interested in the reasons you cretin think it is OK to
    misinterpret peoples post to this extend
    --
    Machine-Independent, adj.:
    Does not run on any existing machine.