problem installing par2cmdline on kubuntu 7.10 gutsy - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on problem installing par2cmdline on kubuntu 7.10 gutsy - Ubuntu ; Hi, I need to install par2cmdline onto my kubuntu 7.10, but things don't go as I expect them to go: apt-get says "E: Couldn't find package par2cmdline", whereas http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/source/par2cmdline says par2cmdline is a gutsy universe package and I have universe ...

  1. problem installing par2cmdline on kubuntu 7.10 gutsy

    Hi,

    I need to install par2cmdline onto my kubuntu 7.10, but things don't go as I
    expect them to go: apt-get says "E: Couldn't find package par2cmdline",
    whereas http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/source/par2cmdline says
    par2cmdline is a gutsy universe package and I have universe activated
    in /etc/apt/sources.list

    Any tips?

    de Kameel

    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ grep -i universe /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy main restricted universe
    multiverse
    deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy main restricted universe
    multiverse
    ## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
    ## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
    deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy universe
    deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy universe
    deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy-security main restricted
    universe multiverse
    deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy-security main restricted
    universe multiverse

    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install par2cmdline
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Couldn't find package par2cmdline
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$

  2. Re: problem installing par2cmdline on kubuntu 7.10 gutsy

    De Kameel wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to install par2cmdline onto my kubuntu 7.10, but things don't go as
    > I expect them to go: apt-get says "E: Couldn't find package par2cmdline",
    > whereas http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/source/par2cmdline says
    > par2cmdline is a gutsy universe package and I have universe activated
    > in /etc/apt/sources.list
    >
    > Any tips?

    Click on this and it'll load in your browser. See the download?

    http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/source/par2cmdline

    Cheers.

    --
    Boot It Up!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kql8cWqiv8

  3. Re: problem installing par2cmdline on kubuntu 7.10 gutsy

    NoStop wrote:
    > De Kameel wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I need to install par2cmdline onto my kubuntu 7.10, but things don't go as
    >> I expect them to go: apt-get says "E: Couldn't find package par2cmdline",
    >> whereas http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/source/par2cmdline says
    >> par2cmdline is a gutsy universe package and I have universe activated
    >> in /etc/apt/sources.list
    >>
    >> Any tips?
    >>

    > Click on this and it'll load in your browser. See the download?
    >
    > http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/source/par2cmdline
    >
    > Cheers.

    Looking through the Adept package manager (Gutsy tribe 5) I found gpar2
    and par2. Not par2cmdline (which I did use before). Maybe one has been
    superseded by the other?

    Later
    Mike

  4. Re: problem installing par2cmdline on kubuntu 7.10 gutsy

    The Wizard of Oz wrote:

    > Looking through the Adept package manager (Gutsy tribe 5) I found gpar2
    > and par2. Not par2cmdline (which I did use before). Maybe one has been
    > superseded by the other?

    After my (and your) post, I found this:

    sander@ubuntu710:~$ par2
    Not enough command line arguments.
    par2cmdline version 0.4, Copyright (C) 2003 Peter Brian Clements.

    par2cmdline comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

    So it looks like 'par2' is the same as 'par2cmdline'.

    If so, problem solved. Thanks for the help.

    de Kameel

+ Reply to Thread