Dificulties using face-browser in 7.10 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Dificulties using face-browser in 7.10 - Ubuntu ; Trying to set up the face-browser in 7.10. I've enabled on of the face-browser themes via the Administration->Login Window applet but I can't seem to get the face to appear. I've put an image in /usr/share/pixmaps/faces/glenn.png where glenn is the ...

  1. Dificulties using face-browser in 7.10

    Trying to set up the face-browser in 7.10. I've enabled on of the
    face-browser themes via the Administration->Login Window applet but I
    can't seem to get the face to appear. I've put an image in
    /usr/share/pixmaps/faces/glenn.png where glenn is the user of the system
    but still no luck. I know on my 6.10 box i've got a ~/.face file for my
    login that works just fine. Anyone know how to set this up in 7.10 or
    should I just duplicate my 6.10 configuration?

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

  2. Re: Dificulties using face-browser in 7.10

    Norman Peelman wrote:
    > Trying to set up the face-browser in 7.10. I've enabled on of the
    > face-browser themes via the Administration->Login Window applet but I
    > can't seem to get the face to appear. I've put an image in
    > /usr/share/pixmaps/faces/glenn.png where glenn is the user of the system
    > but still no luck. I know on my 6.10 box i've got a ~/.face file for my
    > login that works just fine. Anyone know how to set this up in 7.10 or
    > should I just duplicate my 6.10 configuration?

    Well, never mind I suppose... I found that you change the image in the
    System->Preferences->About Me applet. I thought this could be set up
    (bulk) by the administrator. The Login Window applet has a default
    folder to look in for the faces (avatars) but I can't seem to get it right.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

+ Reply to Thread