Two queues to one printer? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Two queues to one printer? - Ubuntu ; I have a never used HP Deskjet 3940 I want to hook it up to my Kubuntu 7.10 and let two iMacs and a BSD use it. But I would like for it to look like two printers to them, ...

  1. Two queues to one printer?

    I have a never used HP Deskjet 3940

    I want to hook it up to my Kubuntu 7.10 and let two iMacs
    and a BSD use it.

    But I would like for it to look like two printers to them,
    one color and one grayscale.

    Is that possible/easy to do?

  2. Re: Two queues to one printer?

    Head Geek wrote:

    > I have a never used HP Deskjet 3940
    >
    > I want to hook it up to my Kubuntu 7.10 and let two iMacs
    > and a BSD use it.
    >
    > But I would like for it to look like two printers to them,
    > one color and one grayscale.
    >
    > Is that possible/easy to do?

    yes, just create a new printer, with the settings you like
    Settings/printing
    create new printer
    select your HP printer and set it up as you like
    --
    MarcB

  3. Re: Two queues to one printer?

    MarcB wrote:
    > yes, just create a new printer, with the settings you like
    > Settings/printing
    > create new printer
    > select your HP printer and set it up as you like

    Thanks, I'll give it a try.... one of these days.
    So many ....... so little time.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    You always have time for what you do first.

+ Reply to Thread